Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanning bed something to be ashamed of?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tanning bed something to be ashamed of?

Lately I've been getting in the tanning bed because for one thing, I'd like to get a little darker so I don't look like a ghost, and another reason is I wanna lose this farmers tan.

Now, I know that getting in the tan bed is not something you'd boast about to the whole wide world, but still! My uncle also gets in, but for some reason does not want anyone else to know he gets in. I also heard there was a guy crossing the aroebics room (that's where the tanning bed rooms are located), and he was covering his face as he walked by, as if getting in was something to be dreadfully ashamed of.

If I could get out in the sun more during the day, I probably wouldn't need to get in the TB. But because I can't I have to get in so I can look a little better. But is getting in really something to be ashamed about?

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tanning bed something to be ashamed of?

Sounds like there some money to be made ,web cam,Utube threats etc.
    Last edited by Andre; 04-14-2008 at 12:59 AM.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see why you would be ashamed of using a tanning bed; if it makes you feel better about yourself. Personally; I could care less about being any darker, I am what I am, a pasty white boy who lives like a vampire and shuns sunlight I have no intention of getting in the sun too much much less use a tanning bed, as frying my skin isn't something I'm into. If someone doesn't like me for who I am instead of how I treat them, then they can go die. Trying to get darker to feel better is like Michael Jackson bleaching his skin to get lighter. Whatever floats your boat dude; you're still my buddy either way
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Plus I have alot of tatoos, which not only make me darker, but also hinder me from going into the sun as I don't want them to fade
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post
    Plus I have alot of tatoos,
    Sideshow Bob! is that you ?
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post
    Plus I have alot of tatoos,
    Sideshow Bob! is that you ?
    Yes sir; I am finally found out Good detective work Sherlock

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never gotten in one at the gym just because that's a bit weird. I have tanned a few times though but only did so because I would visit the girl who worked there on breaks and ended up trying it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A girl here died from using tanning beds too much. She wasn't even really fair skinned either which suprises me. I think they're talking about making them illegal for anyone under the age of 18 here now.

I really wouldn't think so much about your tan! You're a guy! Get a neat but low maitenance haircut, basically presentable clothing and stay fit and healthy.

Guys are not meant to be too superficial and invest too much energy in these things really!

Unless you enjoy it but really most women I know are turned off by guys who think too much about this kinda stuff. maybe that's partially a cultural thing though I guess?!
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've used tanning beds in the past but dont any more because they seem to give me moles.

You really shouldn't be embarrassed though! Don't worry about what you like or what people think about things you do.

Unlike Sharla I don't think girls find a man unattractive merely because he goes on sunbeds but they would probably find it a turn off if he was embarrassed about it as it displays a lack of confidence, and at end of the day few girls are going to feel proud of being with a guy who is ashamed of himself.

At the end of the day the way to happiness is to be the person you want to be, do things you want to do and not care less whatever other people think.

As long as you live consistently with your own values don't worry about whether people approve of what you do or not.

But the long term health risks of tanning beds is another think entirely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think guys who feel the need to worry enough about their tan to risk their health in using one can come across as being ashamed. I think being over self conscious about these things is often a turn off.

At least that's the concensus amongst all the female friends I've ever had - which is a reasonable number. Girls associate too much vanity with being feminine and if they wanted a girl they'd be lesbians.
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it's a vanity thing bred out of insecurity I guess but that insecurity would come through in more ways than just that.

I'll be either hopping on a sunbed or maybe even trying a spray tan before my mates wedding on Saturday.

It has nothing to do with vanity other than I dont want to be ultra white for the photos.

I couldn't care less who knows or what they think.

It wouldn't even cross my mind to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah but you haven't seen sunlight in several years Bilbo. People will be blinded and scared by your complete lack of vitamin D.

Most people do however see sunlight for at least 20 minutes a day and even if they look pale they don't look scary/sick pale.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sharla View Post
    Yeah but you haven't seen sunlight in several years Bilbo. People will be blinded and scared by your complete lack of vitamin D.

Most people do however see sunlight for at least 20 minutes a day and even if they look pale they don't look scary/sick pale.
    haha scary/sick pale, I see your charms are in full force today......

The irony is however that being a natural redhead you are actually paler than me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a natural brunette - not a red head but with the limited amount of sunlight you get I could be an albino and you'd still be paler than me!

I can honestly - with the exception of you - I've never looked at a guy and thought - he needs to work on his tan! Actually with you it was he needs some vitamin D.

I'd think you extremely stupid going to a sun bed though Bilbo having experienced cancer yourself! Fake tans often look orange anyway too.

I really think you'd be better off getting 20 to 30 minutes of natural sunlight per day - not risking any sudden serious over exposure to UV and having a natural healthy glow that comes from exercise (for your circulation) and vitamin D.

Thread Information