Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Barry Hall. Possible top HW?

Barry Hall is a great Aussie Rules player, who did some boxing in his younger years.
    He is a big guy about 6ft 5 and 230-240. Fit as all hell.

This week he showed how good he can punch too.... In big trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXqOndn8HSk

Anyway he has been offered big money too fight but so far not been interested cos he makes good money playing footy.

Jonny Lewis thinks he has the goods.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Barry Hall. Possible top HW?

Nice post. Yes Johny Lewis trained Barry Hall During a recent off season and tried to get him to box as he saw great potential in him. Barry is sticking to AFL at the moment though. Apparently he had an Ok Amature career and had a state title I think. He would be good to watch thats for sure. I'd like to see him in with Soloman Haumono, but that wouldn't happen even if he did box since Johny trains Soloman.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm an Eagles supporter Eagle, so that one really pissed me off.

Hall has an amateur boxing background and yes, I'm sure he would make a decent boxer, probably capable of winning an Australian title as a pro.

But, it's fucking easy to ko a bloke who isn't even looking. He is a weak prick in my book.
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he might find it hard to find an opponent in OZ, it was a sweet left hook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

Hall has an amateur boxing background and yes, I'm sure he would make a decent boxer, probably capable of winning an Australian title as a pro.

But, it's fucking easy to ko a bloke who isn't even looking. He is a weak prick in my book.
    Shouldn't have clawed at his throat then should he?
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bikersk View Post

He didn't claw at his throat. If he did, I'm sure Hall would have brought it up during the press conference he called yesterday to apologise to Staker for his actions.

What Staker did was no different from what any AFL defender does to his direct opponent week in, week out. You keep hands on him and try to to stop his lead.

Barry Hall is a weak fucking dog for doing what he did mate, he fucking KO'd a bloke who was looking over at the umpire after the first high hit Hall gave him with the forearm.

Yep, KO a guy who wasn't even looking - a real tough guy.
    Last edited by Greig; 04-14-2008 at 09:52 AM.
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bikersk View Post

He didn't claw at his throat. If he did, I'm sure Hall would have brought it up during the press conference he called yesterday to apologise to Staker for his actions.

What Staker did was no different from what any AFL defender does to his direct opponent week in, week out. You keep hands on him and try to to stop his lead.

Barry Hall is a weak fucking dog for doing what he did mate, he fucking KO'd a bloke who was looking over at the umpire after the first high hit Hall gave him with the forearm.

Yep, KO a guy who wasn't even looking - a real tough guy.
    Ok I agree with you that if you know how to fight you don't take advantage of that against guys who obviously don't know how. But he did claw at his throat, that's why he hit him. There was no other reason for it. Hall wouldn't hit out for no reason and you know that. He didn't mention it in the press conference because it doesn't matter, he knowns he shouldn't have hit him like that for any reason. There are many other ways to stop Hall, that's not one of them. He picked a fight he couldn't win and got KO'd. Doesn't excuse Barry's hit though as he should know better and does. That's why he didn't mention it. I don't agree that it was warranted but don't pick a fight if you can't handle the result. He clawed at his throat clearly and it pissed off Hall, but he should have held his temper and he didn't.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bikersk

Hall was pissed off well before Staker clawed at his throat. The hand only goes to that region right before the punch, after Hall had made up his mind he was gonna thump him.

Staker didn't pick a fight with Hall as you suggest (nobody else in the whole fucking country has tried to suggest what you've just suggested). He was trying to do his job as a defender when Hall punched him.

Hall is a fucking numbskull. He has a long history of violence like this. He was lucky not to miss out on a grand final a couple of years back for punching someone behind play - yep, you guessed it, someone who wasn't expecting it.

What was the reason for this punch? Was Maguire clawing at his throat??

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ieCQ3qDcuos
    What a hard man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd be a huge supporter of big Barry if he went into boxing.. Unforunately he probably has at least another 3 or 4 years of good football left in him,and possibly more after that.. So it might not be a viable option for him to box after he retires from football.
    It's a shame, because it would be absolutely HUGE for Australian boxing to have a heavyweight contender... Even more so that, he is already a huge name in one of our top 2 most popular sports...

That video shows a cheap shot though,,, but it would be awesome watching an Aussie boy landing a few of those on Wladdy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bikersk

Hall was pissed off well before Staker clawed at his throat. The hand only goes to that region right before the punch, after Hall had made up his mind he was gonna thump him.

Staker didn't pick a fight with Hall as you suggest (nobody else in the whole fucking country has tried to suggest what you've just suggested). He was trying to do his job as a defender when Hall punched him.

Hall is a fucking numbskull. He has a long history of violence like this. He was lucky not to miss out on a grand final a couple of years back for punching someone behind play - yep, you guessed it, someone who wasn't expecting it.

What was the reason for this punch? Was Maguire clawing at his throat??

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ieCQ3qDcuosWhat a hard man.
    Ok Greig, I concede to your argument. I used to play aussie rules and would have hit someone had they clawed at my throat like that. I didn't watch the game and only watched the youtube footage which is obviously misleading, and yes barry has a history of cheap shots no doubt. Don't want any bad blood with the Aussie posters.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No bad blood from me mate, I guess I am just pissed off because I think it was uncalled for.

I just heard Johnny Lewis on the news saying something along the lines of "If you play the man, then you should be able to dance. Well, the kid couldn't dance" which is along the same lines as what you are saying.

I just don't see how Staker was asking to be king hit. Maybe have a free kick paid against him, but certainly not knocked out.

Put it this way if Chris Judd or Daniel Kerr (who receive far worse tagging than Barry Hall wekk in week out) knocked out every bloke who did it to them, they would never play a game.

Anyway, we'll move on mate - certainly no grudges here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No bad blood from me mate, I guess I am just pissed off because I think it was uncalled for.

I just heard Johnny Lewis on the news saying something along the lines of "If you play the man, then you should be able to dance. Well, the kid couldn't dance" which is along the same lines as what you are saying.

I just don't see how Staker was asking to be king hit. Maybe have a free kick paid against him, but certainly not knocked out.

Put it this way if Chris Judd or Daniel Kerr (who receive far worse tagging than Barry Hall wekk in week out) knocked out every bloke who did it to them, they would never play a game.

Anyway, we'll move on mate - certainly no grudges here
    Thanks for being cool about it. Yeah Johnny would say that but i still think Barry shouldn't have hit him. He certainly can fight and he should keep it in the ring. johnny should know that too.

Thread Information