Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: More Filth, Insanity and Blasphemy Coming out of JT'S Mouth

Quote Originally Posted by OnixAA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post

DROPPED?! Did you even watch Saturdays fight? Marg gets hard ons for a war! and ya Cotto can outbox him but he's not fast or slick enough to escape the wrath that is TOny Margarito.
    People said the same about Paul Williams.

Lets not get it twisted though, PW had the night of his life. Quintana proved that.
    In actuality I think that his loss to Williams was more a resultant of his own inactivity in the early rounds rather than any spectacular showing from Williams.

In turn he had an excellent night against Cintron, so on any given night he could reproduce performances from his "Williams" or "Cintron" drawers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tony is a Journeyman, Tony is not elite, Tony is a club fighter, Tony does not have that good of a jaw, Tony will lose to anyone with a pulse, Tony has bad hair......Anything to discredit Tony....Well here is what I say about it all....

He went 8 yrs without a loss...He has never been knockedout/TKO'd etc...A headbutt in the second Santos fight is as close as he came....

He has beaten big punchers, owend a guy named Cintron many people were very very very high on even before the first fight, Nearly turned Lujan into a one eared circus freak, he has held two versions of the WW title, the first half of the Clottey fight gets grossly over exaggerated (I think someone said he was being beaten half to death or something close to the effect) and the Williams fight was his fault for starting so slowly...that is a FACT not opinion...Williams did not beat Tony that night Tony beat Tony!!!!

Yet no one wants to give him respect? I don't get it?...I mean you don't have to be a fan of the guy but fuck man people simply are purly just not giving him his due on anything...It is just out of pure dislike or out of what people here like to call "Being a Hater"....Talk all the trash you want but you can not take away what the man has accomplished...

Danng G is giving Judah more respect....IMO that tells me he has doubts about Cotto walking over Tony like he is trying to make everyone believe...

You don't have to like the man but you can not deny what he has accomplished...plain and simple....

Is he the best out there?...I won't say that and I am a big Margarito fan...I will say though he could beat anyone on any given night and it would not be an upset..Just my opp
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    Tony is a Journeyman, Tony is not elite, Tony is a club fighter, Tony does not have that good of a jaw, Tony will lose to anyone with a pulse, Tony has bad hair......Anything to discredit Tony....Well here is what I say about it all....

He went 8 yrs without a loss...He has never been knockedout/TKO'd etc...A headbutt in the second Santos fight is as close as he came....

He has beaten big punchers, owend a guy named Cintron many people were very very very high on even before the first fight, Nearly turned Lujan into a one eared circus freak, he has held two versions of the WW title, the first half of the Clottey fight gets grossly over exaggerated (I think someone said he was being beaten half to death or something close to the effect) and the Williams fight was his fault for starting so slowly...that is a FACT not opinion...Williams did not beat Tony that night Tony beat Tony!!!!

Yet no one wants to give him respect? I don't get it?...I mean you don't have to be a fan of the guy but fuck man people simply are purly just not giving him his due on anything...It is just out of pure dislike or out of what people here like to call "Being a Hater"....Talk all the trash you want but you can not take away what the man has accomplished...

Danng G is giving Judah more respect....IMO that tells me he has doubts about Cotto walking over Tony like he is trying to make everyone believe...

You don't have to like the man but you can not deny what he has accomplished...plain and simple....

Is he the best out there?...I won't say that and I am a big Margarito fan...I will say though he could beat anyone on any given night and it would not be an upset..Just my opp
    Tony's got everything that makes boxing great, he's a fighter with grit, determination, fighting spirit and a blatant refusal to surrender which borders on scary.
    He's a true Warrior Daxx, I acknowledge that.
    I respect him and if I ever turn out to be half the boxer he is I'd hold my head uphigh in pride.

But objectively, he's not the best. The grittiest? Yes. But the best no.
    He has had and will have succeses, like Barrera, he will eke his own niche through sheer determination and abrasion.
    Many will discredit him however as he is not supremely skilled, he's not a huge puncher, he's not perfect defensively and he's not laser fast. He's just a guy who toughs it out. So respect to him, but he won't be a favourite because of this.

Makes me wonder why Gatti was so popular sometimes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

agree 110%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tony's got everything that makes boxing great, he's a fighter with grit, determination, fighting spirit and a blatant refusal to surrender which borders on scary.
    I respect him and if I ever turn out to be half the boxer he is I'd hold my head uphigh in pride.

He has had and will have succeses, like Barrera, he will eke his own niche through sheer determination and abrasion.
    Many will discredit him however as he is not supremely skilled, he's not a huge puncher, he's not perfect defensively and he's not laser fast. He's just a guy who toughs it out. So respect to him, but he won't be a favourite because of this.

I am the first to say he is not the best out there right now...I think I did in my post but some of these guys are acting as if Tony is nothing more then a 1 hit wonder who should be fighting $100 a round prelim's...

Have some rep on me mate
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Also something tells me you WISH, Margarito beats Cotto so that all the tallks about Cotto beating PBF and Cotto being better and PBFs scared of Cotto can be something you (and other PBF fans) use.
    I don't think this is true bro. I think Floyd, Cotto and all boxing fans alike want to see this match. Why wouldn't they? It's a fight that would prove who the greatest Welterweight on the planet is and every fan would like to be proved right. That the fighter they root for is superior.

As far as who is going to win this match between Cotto and Margarito - I can see both sides of the arguement but one thing that hasn't been mentiond in Cotto's favour are Cintron's limitations. He is a fighter who is mentally from the 'Zab Judah' mould. As soon as he couldn't knock the fuck out of Margarito with those right hands he lost his will to survive. Cintron lost all focus and broke down like we've seen him do before. Cotto is a cold, calculated, focused killer who won't be phased just because he can't knock Margarito out. He's a smarter fighter than Cintron and can adapt to suit a particular situation without panicking. I'm still undecided as to who will win but don't underestimate Cotto's ability to maintain deadly focus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Macho View Post
    I don't know why i still seeing some Fans that UNDERESTIMATE the Cottos power and comparing the power with Margarito , i can say that Margarito is getting better , but cmon , i know that Margaro Team doesn't going prepare Margaro to fight Cotto inside they know that Cotto is Danger in that style ,he is more fast have more technically combinations have a Danger hook that comes first than a uppercut in which Margaro is good , but if they are intelligent , they should going prepare for outbox , they have to take use the reach in advantage for Margaro .................
    I agree with you on the fact that to have the absolute greatest chance at a victory is for Marg. to use his distance...but that guy loves to bang and he is gonna go in for it, that being said unless Marg. has a weakness to the body that we have not seen, Cotto isnt gonna knock him out, Marg. has way to much tolerance for pain and I dont see him getting dropped.
    Well my friend we going see in that fight the real weakness of Margaro , that is what i trying to say , everybody talking what Margarito going do and that he assimilate very well , but we can underestimate the Cottos power , is guarantee that he don't going assimilate the Cottos power , we saw Cotto with Judah that for me hit more or same as Margarito and Cotto could assimilate his power in where now have a better defense , so we know that Cotto can assimilate , but What do you think about Margarito ?.................

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

can you name 3 other fighters in the ww division, that are bigger punchers than Marg?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After sometime and soul searching I finally agreed

ICB Guest

can you name 3 other fighters in the ww division, that are bigger punchers than Marg?
    Andre Berto, Kermit Cintron, Shane Mosley, they are 3 you could for certain argue hit harder than Margarito.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know why i still seeing some Fans that UNDERESTIMATE the Cottos power and comparing the power with Margarito , i can say that Margarito is getting better , but cmon , i know that Margaro Team doesn't going prepare Margaro to fight Cotto inside they know that Cotto is Danger in that style ,he is more fast have more technically combinations have a Danger hook that comes first than a uppercut in which Margaro is good , but if they are intelligent , they should going prepare for outbox , they have to take use the reach in advantage for Margaro .................
    I agree with you on the fact that to have the absolute greatest chance at a victory is for Marg. to use his distance...but that guy loves to bang and he is gonna go in for it, that being said unless Marg. has a weakness to the body that we have not seen, Cotto isnt gonna knock him out, Marg. has way to much tolerance for pain and I dont see him getting dropped.
    Well my friend we going see in that fight the real weakness of Margaro , that is what i trying to say , everybody talking what Margarito going do and that he assimilate very well , but we can underestimate the Cottos power , is guarantee that he don't going assimilate the Cottos power , we saw Cotto with Judah that for me hit more or same as Margarito and Cotto could assimilate his power in where now have a better defense , so we know that Cotto can assimilate , but What do you think about Margarito ?.................
    dont get me wrong...this is not a walk in the park for MArg. but like Dax said and I have said in other threads, everyone is acting as if Cotto is a 2-bit bum. Why the hell would everyone have that impression?? Cotto is the hardest hitter in the WW division point blank. He has been the most avoided man in boxing for years, even ODLH didnt want none, Mosley said in an interview when asked why Floyd was ducking Marg. even though it would have at the time been the biggest payday of Floyds career...
    "I dont know why Floyd is ducking him, maybe he's worried. BUT, DONT GET ME WRONG I WOULDNT WANT TO FIGHT MARGARITO EITHER...
    " this fight is alot closer than all Cotto fans care to admit. I am a Cotto fan also but I can realize that Cotto V Marg. is more dangerous for Cotto than Cotto V Floyd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Andre Berto, Kermit Cintron, Shane Mosley, they are 3 you could for certain argue hit harder than Margarito.
    I'm a huge fan of Berto and I think its to early to tell since he hasnt really faced the quality of opposition yet, Cintron I agree and Mosely I dont think as much anymore

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post

I'm a huge fan of Berto and I think its to early to tell since he hasnt really faced the quality of opposition yet, Cintron I agree and Mosely I dont think as much anymore
    I said you could debate all 3 of them hit harder than Margarito, i didn't say they hit harder. Im just saying you can make a case for all 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post

I said you could debate all 3 of them hit harder than Margarito, i didn't say they hit harder. Im just saying you can make a case for all 3.
    I gotta get my eyes checked

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Berto would be the best argument for punching power, but I seriously think he is going to move out of WW he's too big and he's only 24...gonna get bigger. Mosley is naturally a light weight he is for sure not stronger than Marg. at this point in his career. Besides if he's even close to Marg's power Cotto is in for punishment because when Mosley fought Cotto and Cotto realized that he couldnt hurt Mosley thats when he started getting all slick on him.

As for Kermit, well damn is that even for real! Kerm is a big puncher and Marg. laughed at his punches! Yet Kerm got owned by Marg. after the 1st round.

I dont think those were the best picks, besides Berto but like I said he's moving up I'd almost bet on it.

Thread Information