Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Executive Privilege: Classless, Clueless Bernard Hopkins Is Mr. Bad Example

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wink Executive Privilege: Classless, Clueless Bernard Hopkins Is Mr. Bad Example

Now I'm am only posting this article, because I feel that it will create a good discussion.

So Hopkin's fans, don't jump all over me for it, I am strictly posting it for discussion purposes only.

Executive Privilege: Classless, Clueless Bernard Hopkins Is Mr. Bad Example!!
    Michael Marley
    4/21/2008

Sore loser Bernard Hopkins reminds me of the great scene in the classic movie “Back To School” when Rodney Dangerfield, a truly great thespian, is playing the moneybags father of a nerdy male student.

On a rollicking campus visit, old lecher Dangerfield is flirting with and ogling all the comely coeds. But he gives extra respect to one beauty in particular and he invites her to have a luxurious dinner with him on Tuesday night.

Clearly disinterested to everyone but the horned up Rodney, the coed says, “I can’t because I have class.”

Dangerfield then inquires about Wednesday night or Thursday night. He gets the same “I have class” brushoff.

Still undaunted, Rodney whips out his business card.

“Call some night when you got no class,” Dangerfield says.

The moody BHop had no class in Saturday night in Las Vegas......

Click on this link to read the rest of the story.

Michael Marleys Boxing Confidential News, Analysis, and Commentary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Executive Privilege: Classless, Clueless Bernard Hopkins Is Mr. Bad Example

He's not very happy is he?
    If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize. Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Executive Privilege: Classless, Clueless Bernard Hopkins Is Mr. Bad Example

Diane.... I ve always thought Marley was an easily excitable Tard .Love ya long time Diane but 30 + threads not enough?.......

Hey I'm the first to admit that often times verbal Logic and sensibility are chapters un read by Hopkins in his storied Career.He can be his own biggest fan.......But he is still a great in my book and deserves much respect.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That has to be one of the most cryptic refrences, lol "Back to School" quotes. But he quotes Rodney so I can't hate on em...."the other day my agent asks me if I've got a 8x10.....pffft I tell her , if I had a 8x10 I wouldn't need to work"......."yeah my old man , he really loved me, he used to carry around the picture of the family that comes with the wallet."

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually completely disagree with the article 100% Hopkins showed great restraint in my opinion. It was a very close fight and the only two significant punches of the fight were landed by Bernard.

He put Joe on his ass and rocked him to his boots on another occaision and ordinarily in a close fight where one fighter scores a knockdown he will get the decision, Hatton against Collazo, Oscar against Quartey, Manny against Marquez for example.

So BHop clearly felt he won the fight and said so but said so with class imo.

Unlike Toney against Peter he didnt shout out that he had no respect for his opponent. Unlike Winky against Taylor or Mora against Alaya he didnt storm out of the ring in protest.

He reacted no worse than either of the Marquez brother's did when they lost their recent fights.

He was polite, he didn't shout, he didn't swear, he gave Max Kellerman an interview without being rude or aggressive what more do people expect of him?

It's ironic that when Glen Johnson claimed the judges were bought and he was robbed against Dawson people actually posted what a great and moving speech it was!

Bhop fought an excellent fight, humiliatied Joe with a first round knockdown and lost only by split decision whilst being 43 years old.

Anyone who criticises him is just hating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    I actually completely disagree with the article 100% Hopkins showed great restraint in my opinion. It was a very close fight and the only two significant punches of the fight were landed by Bernard.

He put Joe on his ass and rocked him to his boots on another occaision and ordinarily in a close fight where one fighter scores a knockdown he will get the decision, Hatton against Collazo, Oscar against Quartey, Manny against Marquez for example.

So BHop clearly felt he won the fight and said so but said so with class imo.

Unlike Toney against Peter he didnt shout out that he had no respect for his opponent. Unlike Winky against Taylor or Mora against Alaya he didnt storm out of the ring in protest.

He reacted no worse than either of the Marquez brother's did when they lost their recent fights.

He was polite, he didn't shout, he didn't swear, he gave Max Kellerman an interview without being rude or aggressive what more do people expect of him?

It's ironic that when Glen Johnson claimed the judges were bought and he was robbed against Dawson people actually posted what a great and moving speech it was!

Bhop fought an excellent fight, humiliatied Joe with a first round knockdown and lost only by split decision whilst being 43 years old.

Anyone who criticises him is just hating.

Damn right...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This article is clearly written with the sole purpose of creating attention to Kessler (for whom Marley is the US agent). Hell, it isnt even thinly veiled, if you read it to the end.

Comparing Kessler losing the decision to Calzaghe and Hopkins losing the decision to Calzaghe makes no sense, as they occurred under very different circumstanses. And while I had Calzaghe winning both fights by a couple of rounds, one fight was (relatively) easy to score and one was not.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkel_K View Post
    This article is clearly written with the sole purpose of creating attention to Kessler (for whom Marley is the US agent). Hell, it isnt even thinly veiled, if you read it to the end.

Comparing Kessler losing the decision to Calzaghe and Hopkins losing the decision to Calzaghe makes no sense, as they occurred under very different circumstanses. And while I had Calzaghe winning both fights by a couple of rounds, one fight was (relatively) easy to score and one was not.
    I think it's just a case of certain people having an axe to grind with BHop. Like you say the Kessler fight was a clear win for Calzaghe, I've not heard a single person dispute that.

But the Hopkins fight was much closer. Calzaghe got floored and rocked again later in the fight. Barely more than a couple rounds were really decisive one way or the other. My own opinion of watching the fight was that Calzaghe swept the late rounds to win by a couple but you could conceivably have given Hopkins the first 4 rounds and I believe the 8th and already with the extra point for the knockdown it's level. I think many gave him the 11th as well so a Hopkins win was certainly not out of the question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

don't all jump on top of me - but i did lose a bit of respect for b-hop when he pulled the stunt with the low blow - i expect that sorta thing from judah not from a legend such as hopkins

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was talking about Hopkins behaviour at the after fight press conference.

A bit of humility goes down well especially AFTER a fight.

So with Hopkins refusing to direct a smidgen of praise towards the "white boy", coupled with his advocating Calzaghe should have been ROBBED by America because he (Hopkins) would have been robbed in Britain, it doesn't sit well with certain people.

But this is hardly surprising coming from Hopkins.

He broke a promise to his dying mother, exposed himself as a proud racist, is totally delusional about his worth in boxing and is totally ignorant of the world outside the USA. Quality (boring, ugly, dirty) fighter though.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The sad part about all these is that he's all this bad boy persona but he's still boring! WTF? Does he really add anything of value to boxing with the way he fights? Methinks not, and he prolly turned-off a million fans from watching another boxing match.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marley's good at breaking news but he's not exactly a professional writer, he likes some guys, he hates some guys, he's just a fan.

Thread Information