Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Anyone Watch The NFL Draft this past weekend?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anyone Watch The NFL Draft this past weekend?

Just wondering and if so how do you grade your teams draft. Also did anything surprise you players slipping further down in the draft or what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone Watch The NFL Draft this past weekend?

San Diego is my second team. And they picked CB Antoine Cason, FB Jacob Hester, RB Marcus Thomas, CB DeJuan Tribble and OT Corey Clark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you happy with there picks?

I'm a Bills fan and if I had to grade our draft I would probably give them a C+ or B- First two rounds I was really pleased with but not so much the rest.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It seems like every year for some reason I'll flip it to the draft when it starts out and then after like twenty minutes I'll be weather channel bored and end up turning it off. I guess its cause I don't really have one favorite team. Maybe the Houston Texans, not even sure who they picked though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeb_21 View Post

I'm a Bills fan and if I had to grade our draft I would probably give them a C+ or B- First two rounds I was really pleased with but not so much the rest.
    B-

El Kabong Guest

Carolina Panthers did pretty damn good...I still can't believe no one picked up Woodyard from Kentucky, he was a BEAST

I'd say overall the KC Chiefs won out the most talent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Carolina Panthers did pretty damn good...I still can't believe no one picked up Woodyard from Kentucky, he was a BEAST

I'd say overall the KC Chiefs won out the most talent
    Can't believe that three teams passed up on big Dorsey in the middle, he is a much better talent then Chris Long to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look on the bright side, last year you got the exciting Lynch who had a thousand yard season despite missing three games, he probably would have had a 1300 yard season which is a great impact for a rookie and does not happen to often

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't believe so many people past up on Desean Jackson who was the most electric player in the draft, he should have been at least a top 15 pick

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As someone who watched every Cal game this year and watched most ever CCSF game he played, I can completely understand why Jackson fell. I'm rooting for him hard but he is extremely inconsistent and just not that good of a route runner. He's a bit of a wild card and I think his biggest impact will be on punt return where Devin Hester and Josh Cribbs have a new running mate for best returner in the league. On that front he is VERY good but not top 15, I don't think you can rank potential and kick return that high.

I refuse to watch the draft just because this is one of the best times of the year in sports with the NBA and NHL playoffs in full swing and I can't turn off Cavs-Wizards to see big men put on a hat in front of cameras.

The TV show aspect of the draft just doesn't interest me. The draft itself does.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bookkeeper View Post
    I can't believe so many people past up on Desean Jackson who was the most electric player in the draft, he should have been at least a top 15 pick
    Naaaaah buddy, if he was the best WR then he deserved to be overlooked it just wasn't a big need for a lot of teams.

You're right about Dorsey though but his leg injury raised questions. Chris Long should probably have gone later but hey I have nothing bad to say abou the first pick.

The draft allows for a looooooooon drinking session

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    As someone who watched every Cal game this year and watched most ever CCSF game he played, I can completely understand why Jackson fell. I'm rooting for him hard but he is extremely inconsistent and just not that good of a route runner. He's a bit of a wild card and I think his biggest impact will be on punt return where Devin Hester and Josh Cribbs have a new running mate for best returner in the league. On that front he is VERY good but not top 15, I don't think you can rank potential and kick return that high.

I refuse to watch the draft just because this is one of the best times of the year in sports with the NBA and NHL playoffs in full swing and I can't turn off Cavs-Wizards to see big men put on a hat in front of cameras.

The TV show aspect of the draft just doesn't interest me. The draft itself does.
    I have to disagree, as a Sophmore Jackson had 59 rec for 1060 yds and 9 TD's, he also had 4 punt returns for TD's, notice I said Punt Returns because he did not return KO's, if that were the case he probably would have returned six for TD's. Coming into 07 he was one of the Heisman favorites and the first game against Tennesee he looked electrifying. After that game teams stopped kicking to him, he no longer had a chance to look like an All America. As far as the recieving game he was getting doubled and triple teamed all year, and it did not help that Nate Longshore totally fell apart after the injury against Oregon. With a health Longshore Cal would have won the National Championship and Jackson would have won the Heisman, if you don't believe me look at the first five games of the season (07)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look on the bright side, last year you got the exciting Lynch who had a thousand yard season despite missing three games, he probably would have had a 1300 yard season which is a great impact for a rookie and does not happen to often
    True True. I think we got the best Corner Back in the draft with our first pick I'm not upset about that at all.

I think another reason Desean Jackson fell is because he's only 5'9 or 6'0 tall which for a reciever isn't that tall at all. In the red zone he isn't going to be that much of an impact.
    My Bills picked up James Hardy in the second which I'm happy about he's 6'6 which is great and can pretty much out jump any corner in the league. We needed a Tall reciever to go along with Lee Evans.
    I can't wait for the season to start.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was a little surprised my Titans didn't get a reciever until the second day. After watching some film of Chris Johnson, I'm happy with that pick, gives a nice change up to Lendale. The DE Jason Jones, should fit in nicely on our line and he is versatile, could play end or the 3 in a 4-3 , he's tall 6'5" but 270 so he would need to bulk up a bit to go inside. BTW fuck the Steelers I think they took our picks in the first and second rounds. The tight end is a great run blocker so I'm expecting alot of twins formations and lots of running next year.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post

I have to disagree, as a Sophmore Jackson had 59 rec for 1060 yds and 9 TD's, he also had 4 punt returns for TD's, notice I said Punt Returns because he did not return KO's, if that were the case he probably would have returned six for TD's. Coming into 07 he was one of the Heisman favorites and the first game against Tennesee he looked electrifying. After that game teams stopped kicking to him, he no longer had a chance to look like an All America. As far as the recieving game he was getting doubled and triple teamed all year, and it did not help that Nate Longshore totally fell apart after the injury against Oregon. With a health Longshore Cal would have won the National Championship and Jackson would have won the Heisman, if you don't believe me look at the first five games of the season (07)
    I'm a big fan of Cal, a huge fan in fact I picked them to win the Pac 10 but National Championship? That's science fiction, LSU was thebest team college football has seen since those great Miami teams imo.

Towards the end of the year it was Lavelle Hawkins who was drawing the double teams and had a much more productive Senior year in the passing game. I'm not denying that Jackson was a great kick returner but he was inconsistent.

In fact Cal became a running team towards the end of the season with Forsett because of that inconsistency. He was a great homerun threat but his poor route running rendered him pretty much ineffective for anything under 20 yards. Also, Jackson hears footsteps a lot. Lowell Cohn, a columnist out here, ate him alive for short arming a few balls on the final drive against Oregon State. If he catches those balls over the middle, Cal would have had their number one ranking and who knows how the season plays out from there.

I sound like I'm down on him, I'm not. Just don't think he's a top 15 pick nor do I think he was the best receiver in the country. I thought Percy Harvin was.

Thread Information