Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: haye/klitchko confrontation(must watch)!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: haye/klitchko confrontation(must watch)!

Quote Originally Posted by KingRome View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Promoter View Post
    So Haye is talking a lot of smack and Wlad tells him to get in line...Just a couple of thoughts:

- Is there a bigger heavyweight fight to be made than Haye-Klitschko?
    - Why would Wlad want Haye to "get in line" risking a loss and a lose
    huge payday?
    - If this would be an easy fight for Wlad why doesn't he take the fight take a
    huge payday and shut this guy up?

Wlad's behavior is very odd unless Haye has really gotten inside his head and has Wlad questioning himself....Otherwise Wlad avoiding him makes no sense.
    Please explain to me how exactly has either of the Klitchkos avoided him? they told him he is a nobody, and better earn some heavyweight credit if he wants a title shot... after all the trash talk from haye, both Klitchkos wanted to get inside the ring and demolish him... he backed out... why? because he is doing this for publicity... and he will not step in the ring unless he gets enough money that will make up for getting brutaly knocked out. money this, money that.... idc what haye's reasons are, idc about money, i don't care about ppv, boxing is boxing.. if you are a boxing fan to see who gets more money, you probably should go watch who wants to be a millionaire instead.

You're kidding right? First both Kitschko's said they wanted to fight him then low balled him on the offer sheet saying he earned nothing in the Heavyweight division. Haye went out and is now the WBA Heavyweight champ so now Wlad tells him to get in line. Why is that? If we want to play your game of "whos deserves what" , who deserves a shot more than David Haye the reigning WBA Heavyweight Champ...Maybe you think Wlad should fight the WBC champ, which I would love to see

El Kabong Guest

You're kidding right? First both Kitschko's said they wanted to fight him then low balled him on the offer sheet saying he earned nothing in the Heavyweight division. Haye went out and is now the WBA Heavyweight champ so now Wlad tells him to get in line. Why is that? If we want to play your game of "whos deserves what" , who deserves a shot more than David Haye the reigning WBA Heavyweight Champ...Maybe you think Wlad should fight the WBC champ, which I would love to see
    The Klitschko's tried to fight him TWICE and that little turd pulled out of both fights, it's not because of money it was going to be the most money that little bastard ever made, but his little TV deal fell through and he ended up hurting himself "shaddow boxing"

You fight in the WBA rankings because you want to fight for a title but you don't want to acheive anything substantial in the division.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    The Klitschko's tried to fight him TWICE and that little turd pulled out of both fights, it's not because of money it was going to be the most money that little bastard ever made, but his little TV deal fell through and he ended up hurting himself "shaddow boxing"

You fight in the WBA rankings because you want to fight for a title but you don't want to acheive anything substantial in the division.
    Lyle, while I usually respect your opinion, don't let your personal favorite cloud the bigger picture. Saying "You fight in the WBA rankings because you want to fight for a title but you don't want to acheive anything substantial in the division" is just plain silly, and historically incorrect. For about the last 10 years the WBA has been a weaker Heavyweight title to hold but prior it was probably the most significant and relevant Heavyweight title to hold, that's a fact. You know very well that a title is only as relevant as the title holder, so I'll ask a question; If Wlad held the WBA title would you still call it irrelevant? If not why can't he beat the crap out of David Haye and unify the titles like ATG's ; Ali, Holmes, Tyson, etc have done in the past?
    Last edited by The Promoter; 03-10-2010 at 02:22 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since when were boxing organisation's rankings like football/soccer divisions Lyle?

Is there are WBA league and an IBF league or something? I always thought that you could fight anybody... no matter who ranked you at what? Unless I am missing something...

If you want to unify some titles and make a shit load of money then who exactly is Haye behind in this special queue that Wlad keeps going on about? Other than his brother Vitali I can't think of anybody...

Lets look at it like business instead (because that's what this is)... we'll compare it to shops on a high street.

You have a a hifi shop... been around for a while, none of the competitors can really touch it, best known shop and it has excellent goods.

Around it are a couple of other hifi shops on the street... crap - they have boring lacklustre goods at best and nobody is really interested in them, but they've been there for a while.

Then you have this new store opens up... it's got loads of hype around it... it's advertising is a bit obnoxious to say the least but people actually know about it... it sells good enough products to at least be interesting. It used to sell TVs in a different town but now its moved here to sell HiFis... it was pretty fucking good at selling TVs though and there's not that much difference.

As the long established successful shop, if you had to buy out or go into partnership with one of these stores then would you pick one of the shit shops just because 'it's been hear longer'... despite the fact that all you're going to do is carry it's bloated, useless arse around or would you go into partnership with the shop with hype and enough produce to interest consumers and MAKE YOU SOME MONEY.

You'd only chicken out of choosing the newer shop if you were worried that it could end up taking you over and would rather monopolise the shittier shops.

make money with something slightly risky or play it safe and drag the streets economy down the shitter.

heart of a lion.

El Kabong Guest

The WBA is owned by Don King, not directly but just look at who has held on to the belt and gotten title shots year in and year out and why hasn't ANYONE holding that belt agreed to a unification match when the IBF, WBO, WBC, etc all have been willing to play nice and share

The WBA is a sham, more so than any other organization.

If there was 1 belt right now and only 1 champion right now given the current situation who would it be? I can bet it wouldn't be that little shit that has the WBA belt, he'd be lucky to fit in at #3 on that list.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who is calling him undisputed Champ?

I'd say the closed thing to an undisputed Champ right now is Wlad... step it up and unify why don't you.

You'll make a shit load and unifying the belts wouldn't exactly hurt his legacy (it might actually give him one) so what's the problem?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Who is calling him undisputed Champ?

I'd say the closed thing to an undisputed Champ right now is Wlad... step it up and unify why don't you.

You'll make a shit load and unifying the belts wouldn't exactly hurt his legacy (it might actually give him one) so what's the problem?
    Well that would be the guy that has the WBA belt, he's the hold up. He had 2 opportunities to fight either Klitschko brother and he tucked tail and ran away which was probably better for his career but it's bad for his wallet and the sport in general.

I agree that the unification fight MUST happen but once it got delayed/put off and Wlad had to fight Chagaev then 2 mandatories lined up and now he has to fight them next regardless of how big of a fight it would be if Wlad fought the WBA title holder. All I can do is hope that Povetkin loses or gets injured again and Ruiz is KO'd with ease to hype up the fight.

The WBA has virtually destroyed the heavyweight division. Sure the competition as it is right now isn't all that great but couple that with the top rankers in the WBA being unwilling to fight anyone of note then you not only have a weak heavyweight division you have a weak heavyweight division with a sideshow of even weaker competition.

WBA Heavyweight Rankings
    1. John Ruiz
    2. Kali Meehan
    3. Ruslan Chagaev
    4. Nicolay Valuev
    5. Dennis Boytsov
    6. Alexander Ustinov
    7. Alexander Dimitrenko
    8. Odlainier Solis
    9. Samuel Peter
    10. Tomasz Adamek
    11. Dennis Bakhtov
    12. David Rodriguez
    13. Manuel Charr
    14. Chris Arreola
    15. Rene Dettweiler

Ever wonder why Kali Meehan is ranked #2 by the WBA? DON KING

El Kabong Guest

The good news is barring anything major happening, after Wlad beats Chambers and Povetkin he's not going to have another mandatory for quite a while as he's already beaten a lot of those fighters in the top 15on the IBF/WBO ranking and the ones he hasn't already beaten are either too young or too inexperienced to want to take the fight.

I think Boytsov is probably next in line behind guys like Sam Peter and David Tua (who honestly isn't going to make a fight happen vs Wlad seeing the route he's taken) but he's a ways away and I think Sdunek dropped him to focus on training other fighters.

And after Boytsov it's Pianneta and I think he's still pretty raw.

I'm hoping 2011 can be the year this fight finally takes place.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye is all about words and nothing about action to match it, I really don't understand those who defend him when he pulled off from 2 very good done deals with Wlad and Vitali and now, seek them again. This guy is just incredible and there is just so no arguments to defend him on that aspect.
    Last edited by Nameless; 03-13-2010 at 07:00 PM.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information