Thread: Why the hatred against ODLH?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why the hatred against ODLH?

I never really cared about Oscar one way or another as a fighter, as in like or hate. I thought Mosley beat him both times. The only people that have ever agreed with me on that are the ringside boxing writers, no fans seem to think so.

He gets twice a year (not that he fights that much most of the time) oral pleasure from HBO but its hard to say that's really in any way his fault. Unless there's a physical reason for Lampley's affection, reciprication and all that.

He's fought a lot of good fighters. Hard to criticize that.

His personality does come off a bit phony but I don't know for sure and I don't care that much.

I don't really like some of the things he's doing with GBP honestly but maybe a bit too early to make a conclusive call on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets be honest males don't like Oscar cause our wives love him. They may not no a lick about boxing, but know Oscar. One of the most marketable athlete of our time. He's a great champ who never backed down. The hatred is ignorant if it has anything to do with his boxing skills. The man takes risks, like Golden Boy Production, to help the sport and people still hate on him. His legacy will live on well past his fighting days cause he gives so much back to boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    I never really cared about Oscar one way or another as a fighter, as in like or hate. I thought Mosley beat him both times. The only people that have ever agreed with me on that are the ringside boxing writers, no fans seem to think so.

He gets twice a year (not that he fights that much most of the time) oral pleasure from HBO but its hard to say that's really in any way his fault. Unless there's a physical reason for Lampley's affection, reciprication and all that.

He's fought a lot of good fighters. Hard to criticize that.

His personality does come off a bit phony but I don't know for sure and I don't care that much.

I don't really like some of the things he's doing with GBP honestly but maybe a bit too early to make a conclusive call on that.
    Fair assesment. I dont think he won the first Mosley fight but he definately won the second. I also could care less about a fighters personality. if i like how he fights in the ring, im a fan. Oscar always comes to fight and wants the biggest challenges. Hard to critisize his ring accomplishments.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dislike DLH. Has DLH beaten a great fighter in his prime ? Sure he has beat a lot of B+ fighters (Quartey, Ruelas, Vargas, Mayorga and a Chavez on the downhill) but the three best fighter's he's fought were Trinidad, Hopkins and PBF.

His record against them ? 0 - 3 - 0

(Actually he beat P.Whittaker so I guess he has, but that was a dodgy decision)

But he's fighting PBF and we are all gonna add to the DHL / PBF pension fund. I ain't gonna watch it.

Boxing rematches ONLY happen for two reasons

1) It was a great fight so the public want to see it again
    2) The fight ended in controversy (BAD decision, BAD stoppage, BAD cut)

DLH Vs PFB 1 was neither.

It was a terrible fight and as for those people who say name some other fighters that have more of a chance of beating PBF. It's not about that. He had his chance. He lost. So he should go to the back of the queue or fight a Cotto or Magarito to prove his worth. It's as simple as that. If you want to take that argument to its extreme then Ali should have fought Frazier 10 times throughout the 70's because, well, Frazier was one of only a few heavyweights who could have beaten Ali.

Anyway what it is with DLH ? The guy has lost three of his last six fights. Mayweather talks about leaving a legacy but if he fights DLH and not Cotto this will tarnish his reputation and if he loses (which he could do) then every ounce of respect that people have given for him after the Hatton fight will diminish.
    Last edited by denilson200; 05-07-2008 at 10:35 PM. Reason: adding

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So he should go to the back of the queue or fight a Cotto or Magarito to prove his worth.
    To prove his worth it is way better to beat Mayweather than Margarito or Cotto unless both of them were better than Mayweather which is hard to believe. To prove your worth you fight the best, not opponents who have been exposed already.
    Last edited by Chino; 05-07-2008 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    See, whatever Oscar does is considered bad. Why would he need to fight in a worn out gym or whatever? Even PAC came over to the USA to train instead of staying in his old Manila gym. But then again, that is fine and totally acceptable, but if Oscar does it oh no no no no no, that is so bad. So what if he trains on a parking lot or in a fancy gym?

No one can care less if he trains in the basement of the YMCA or in the most lavish Gym available....OSCAR IS THE ONE WHO MADE SURE THAT HE MENTIONED THE "OLD DAYS " ON TYV AND WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO MAKE SURE THAT THE GYM WAS SHOWN IN THE 24/7 SERIES.....That is no one else fault but Oscars...Please explain what need was there to put extra focus on that?...what did it have to do with anything?...

It didn't.....Think before you post...Your starting to look as stupid as he does
    I dunno what this 24/7 series is but christ on a bike - most gyms are shit holes and would love a new ring. You're hating on a guy for that? That's pretty sad.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    I've always liked and respectyed De la Hoya.
    I agree with many of the points put forward by Pride early in the thread and I feel De la Hoya, is financially milking the game a little too much now.

I also take issue with Oscar's opposition. Granted he fought Mayweather, but from a purely physical point of view he hasn't called out anyone of equal size in years. He's challemged Forbes, Hatton, Cotto and Mayweather to fights, but each and all of those are considerably smaller than Oscar.
    If he is such a brave ready fighter, what has prevented him from calling out the likes of Ronald Wright?
    Strum/Hopkins?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    I agree with many of the points put forward by Pride early in the thread and I feel De la Hoya, is financially milking the game a little too much now.

I also take issue with Oscar's opposition. Granted he fought Mayweather, but from a purely physical point of view he hasn't called out anyone of equal size in years. He's challemged Forbes, Hatton, Cotto and Mayweather to fights, but each and all of those are considerably smaller than Oscar.
    If he is such a brave ready fighter, what has prevented him from calling out the likes of Ronald Wright?
    Strum/Hopkins?
    In my estimation the Hopkins fight was the last of Prime Oscar. I feel after that Oscar has recognised he's past his best and he's actring like a bully ever since.
    4 years since he fought Hopkins....Time flies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mexirican View Post
    Lets be honest males don't like Oscar cause our wives love him. They may not no a lick about boxing, but know Oscar. One of the most marketable athlete of our time. He's a great champ who never backed down. The hatred is ignorant if it has anything to do with his boxing skills. The man takes risks, like Golden Boy Production, to help the sport and people still hate on him. His legacy will live on well past his fighting days cause he gives so much back to boxing.
    I have nothing against Oscar the fighter, he genuinely did take on anyone and everyone in his day. I still don't hate him now but I don't buy this GBP shit. There trying to claim he's trying to save boxing, yet he's started this company for the benefit of one man and that's no.1, there is no difference in the way GBP deals than any other promotional banner, Oscar is just a skeen as all the others to rule as much as possible.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post

Strum/Hopkins?
    In my estimation the Hopkins fight was the last of Prime Oscar. I feel after that Oscar has recognised he's past his best and he's actring like a bully ever since.
    4 years since he fought Hopkins....Time flies!
    Can't help myself, so do we now hate on Calzaghe for chasing the pay cheque and fighting a past it Hopkins?

Let's be honest, for a past his prime fighter only interested in the money ODH he came close to upsetting the p4p Mayweather...if he hadn't gassed

Times have changed, the big names don't need to fight 4 or 5 times a year in life or death slug fests, it's one of the many ingredients that allows fighters to go on for longer.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: Why the hatred against ODLH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mexirican View Post
    I have nothing against Oscar the fighter, he genuinely did take on anyone and everyone in his day. I still don't hate him now but I don't buy this GBP shit. There trying to claim he's trying to save boxing, yet he's started this company for the benefit of one man and that's no.1, there is no difference in the way GBP deals than any other promotional banner, Oscar is just a skeen as all the others to rule as much as possible.
    I guess the difference is ODH/Hopkins/Barrera/Moseley will have dealt with dodgy managers/promoters and know what it's like to get punched in the face. So in those terms you would expect them to look after their fighters.

Thread Information