Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is it bad for you

Quote Originally Posted by BBOXER14
    Oh I see. I think you can be any age though to be creatine. My friend claims that he takes it and he is 14.
    then his mum has bought it for him.
    they wont sell it to anyone under 16 and there is a age limit (like alchahol) for its use

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What do they ask you for your drivers license? I could pretend I'm 16. Just kidding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BBOXER14
    What do they ask you for your drivers license? I could pretend I'm 16. Just kidding.
    no but they will ask for ID.
    im not kidding man, wghen i was 13 i tried to buy some and they just told me no.
    the other day they diddnt even look up, probabely cause im around 3 times bigger than the whole stores staff put together

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see I see. But you live in a totaly different country, maybe there are different rules were we live. Maybe, but your probably right though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nope i come from florida and its still got the limit... the reason is because WHEN YOUR 14 your muscles arent developed fully and you shouldnt be trying to make them bigger before their done growing because they can in turn stunt muscle growth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OH alirhgt then. So I guess Ill stick with the weights and no creatine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dotn suggest any heavy weight either because your still young anyone ever seen that little kid hes like 9 and he could squat like 150... that kid was drileld by his father on lifting since the age of like 5 and hes a MESS be careful with weight at your age

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh I know how much to do and what not to do. My dad is a power lifter, and he tells me whats good to lift and whats not good to lift at this age. Ya I ehard something about that 9 yr old kid. "Strongest" boy in the world. Whats wrong with him now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hes better now but before he was sooo big for his age that it was like dangerous i dont know the details but hell probably be quite flabby when hes older unless he works out heavily for liek the rest of his life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well that kind of sucks in a way.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Am I the only one here who has used and liked creatine? very strange....

First of all, at your age, I would strongly recommend you avoid any suppliments other than the basics like whey protein... it's basically the same thing as eating a little more meat every day so it is not likely to do any damage. Second, at your age, it's important not to do too much work with heavy weight or you'lll stunt your growth. Not to mention, as Alex suggested, it will increase your weight and force you to fight people that are bigger, stronger, and likely more experienced. It's good to challenge yourself, but you have to take baby steps. Get in the ring with the wrong guy and you could get your clock cleaned.

Having said that, I took it for about a month and increased my bench press by almost 20% after about 2 months of no progress. I know the stuff worked for me, but I constantly felt queazy when I drank the stuff and it tasted like chemicals. I've always been a little uncomfortable with all the unatural chemicals we put into our bodies so I didn't continue using it, but from my experience, it worked fairly well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B
    Am I the only one here who has used and liked creatine? very strange....

First of all, at your age, I would strongly recommend you avoid any suppliments other than the basics like whey protein... it's basically the same thing as eating a little more meat every day so it is not likely to do any damage. Second, at your age, it's important not to do too much work with heavy weight or you'lll stunt your growth. Not to mention, as Alex suggested, it will increase your weight and force you to fight people that are bigger, stronger, and likely more experienced. It's good to challenge yourself, but you have to take baby steps. Get in the ring with the wrong guy and you could get your clock cleaned.Â

Having said that, I took it for about a month and increased my bench press by almost 20% after about 2 months of no progress. I know the stuff worked for me, but I constantly felt queazy when I drank the stuff and it tasted like chemicals. I've always been a little uncomfortable with all the unatural chemicals we put into our bodies so I didn't continue using it, but from my experience, it worked fairly well.
    thats 100% correct. your bench press would indeed increase by a substantial amount because it numbs the feeling in your muscles.
    it wont help them grow, it will help you lift more which in turn will make them grow

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

at 14 you shouldn't be lifting too heavy as you are still growing, plenty of gyms round here wouldn't let you train.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm in favor of creatine monohydrate, like Missy said, it increases strength and explosive power while also increasing our muscular energy reserves.

Last summer I could work like a machine, do unlimited situps/pushups, max out machines, and have endurance to boot. Besides protein and my diet, creatine helped me sustain my strength for a longer period of time. I still had to do the work, it just let me put in 110% and I was able to gain over 20 pounds in a month and a half period. Besides delaying fatigue, it helped me recover faster, after extremely intense training sessions.

If supplemented properly, Creatine will not be the cause of gaining weight. Don't load up on it, or advanced doses, this may attribute to fatigue during a bout. Friends of mine have become dehydrated and worn out because of higher doses.

You should take about 3-5 grams a day, and don't take any right before the weigh-ins. Experiment with the best does for you, but for Pete's sake be careful, take it to increase your performance, not to hinder yourself. If you can use your head, then you can get the best out of creatine.

-Rocky
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

glad I'm not the only one who has used it successfully.

Thread Information