Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vitali Klitschko - Sam Peter

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Vitali Klitschko - Sam Peter

So this fight is apparently set to happen. What do you guys see happening and how many times do you think it will be delayed

I see the fight either not happening at all OR Vitali Klitschko comes back healthy and wins by KO and Sam Peter is turned into a shell of a man and everyone will confuse him with Daviz Izon as I have always said he was much more like him than Ike Ibeabuchi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vitali Klitschko - Sam Peter

i won't get my hopes up but if vitali can train injury free he should beat peter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if it happens and vitali returns to at least 80% of his former self then he`ll knock peter out late in the fight.

Hope peter doesnt fade into oblivion though - he is much more exciting to watch than most of the east european fighters!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To me this fight is garbage.I can't see how a fighter takes off so long then get's a title shot.Yes he was the ex-champ but with his inactivity why should be allowed to fight for a title without fighting anyone within the top 5 of the WBC organization.

Well I am gonna go with less than what you guys say.If Vitali is 50 % he will still knock Peter out.Shit if Peter got knockdown numerous times by McCline who hasn't been a big deal since the late late 90's and early 2000.What do think someone with Klitschko's skill would do to even if he's ringrusted to hell.That should go away in a round or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    if it happens and vitali returns to at least 80% of his former self then he`ll knock peter out late in the fight.

Hope peter doesnt fade into oblivion though - he is much more exciting to watch than most of the east european fighters!!
    I think Vitali(if and when he actually fights...) is more exciting than Peter...
    before Wladimir teamed up with Steward he was also more exciting...Chagaev could be,but isn't really exciting(but when he lets his hands go its pretty amazing to watch...at least IMO)...But Povetkin is more exciting...I'm no fan of Dimitrenko,but in his last matches everything else than boring...okay Valuev and Ibragimov aren't exciting...But still...You probably confused east european with british...(Danny williams is cool though )...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Fightfan View Post
    To me this fight is garbage.I can't see how a fighter takes off so long then get's a title shot.Yes he was the ex-champ but with his inactivity why should be allowed to fight for a title without fighting anyone within the top 5 of the WBC organization.

Well I am gonna go with less than what you guys say.If Vitali is 50 % he will still knock Peter out.Shit if Peter got knockdown numerous times by McCline who hasn't been a big deal since the late late 90's and early 2000.What do think someone with Klitschko's skill would do to even if he's ringrusted to hell.That should go away in a round or two.

I agree big time here, how long has Vitali been out of the ring? 4 years?
    I haven't seen anything in that time that has proven he couldn't be unified champ, but come on name another job you could leave for 4 years and start back right at the top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As most guys IMO Vitali batters Peter if he's at his best, I seriously doubt it after the lay off. Peter is a turd but it would be bad for the division if lost to Vitali as it would scupper the obvious unification fight.

El Kabong Guest

I think Vitali won't be as hurt by the layoff as most fighters as his rhythm is different anyway and he doesn't rely on that for his offense or defense.

Sam Peter is a decent fighter for this era however he's limited AND he is inconsistent. He can totally knock the crap out of a guy and then he can turn around and get almost KO'd by JAMEEL MCCLINE.

Honestly I would like to see Vitali win the title and then have a showdown with Nicolay Valuev for the other belt.

As for Sam Peter, I want him to fight the following in order: Tye Fields (I want to see a dominant Peter beat Fields the hell out of boxing), Ruslan Chagaev (they are both tough and strong), and David Haye, I think that match up is more competitive and feasable at this point in time than a Haye-Klitschko matchup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I stopped getting excited about Vitali comeback fights cause they will never happen.. 4 years worth of realtime fight rust and a propesity to injure his lowerback dosent spell well for a fighter... I love Vitali and think he coulda been a great but his time has come and gone.

Amazing how most write off Peter so fast Vitali is famous for ALMOST beating a fat Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    I stopped getting excited about Vitali comeback fights cause they will never happen.. 4 years worth of realtime fight rust and a propesity to injure his lowerback dosent spell well for a fighter... I love Vitali and think he coulda been a great but his time has come and gone.

Amazing how most write off Peter so fast Vitali is famous for ALMOST beating a fat Lennox Lewis
    Point of fact though, Vitali was winning that fight and the momentum and rhythm in his favor. It was the cut that was his downfall. Lennox hould have given him a rematch period.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Completely disagree Killer on a few different fronts. One, I don't think Lewis owed him a rematch, he was retiring and that's a personal decision and Lennox had nothing to prove except to those that wanted to see him lose and thought they were getting that in the first fight. I also feel the momentum was Lewis' direction as he won the last 2 rounds imo.

As for this fight, it's been 4 years you can't discount that. I have no idea but guy feeling tells me Peter. He's a hard hjitter and I just don't see how Vitali is going to come back after 4 years and be impressive. Jjust don't see it happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Fightfan View Post

I have to agree 100% and you deserve some rep for saying so...In no way should Vitaly be allowed to just come in and get a title shot...He deserves as much of a HW title shot as David Haye who has fought 1 stiff as HW only because he did not want to make the CW limit for a bout...

Though I do think you are sellin Peter a bit short...not saying he would or wouyld not beat Vitaly because you never know but he is not,,,, "China Chin Peter".Even though McCline has not been a top level fighter in years people seem to forget the guy is a 6'8" 270+lb HW.....I don't care who it is he catches you with a solid punch he can put you on your ass
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK guys I want to explain something about being out of the ring for extended periods of time. First off, You hear all the talk about ring rust and the first thing people think about is guys not having a good rythm but there's more to it.

Anyone who fights or has been a fighter will tell you that when you take time off, you have a harder time taking punches as well as you're accustomed to (see: Trinidad delayed knockdown against Roy and DLH against feather fisted Forbes). Believe me, it's tough.

Say what you will about Peter but he is a hard puncher and if he hits Vitali, it could be an early night. It's a good match up and I hope that Vitali is able to make it through training camp and fight because it will answer some serious questions about Peter that have arisen lately.

I honestly don't know who to pick if Vitali is 100%.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Vitali should have at least one tune up fight before he goes for the belt,hmmm who would be a good tune-up fight for Vitali ? David Haye?
    WHO NEXT ?Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here we go at again . . . Lewis was no losing the Klit fight . In round 6 Vitali was almost knocked out . Lewis won the round big so he was incharge when the fight was stopped.

As for Peter - Vitali . I go against the consensus . Peter did well against teh better brother and had him down afew times. Vitali is alot slower, not as good a boxer and is ringrusty . Much closer fight IMO.

Thread Information