Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Warren offers Haye skelton bout

Promoter Frank Warren has offered David Haye a whopping £600,000 payday to fight Commonwealth Heavyweight Champion Matt Skelton in the Autumn. Haye, the WBO/WBC/WBA Cruiserweight Champion, now intends to campaign in the heavyweight division and is looking at Hasim Rahman as his next opponent. Skelton took WBA World Champion Ruslan Chagaev the distance in January and is ranked above Rahman in the independent rankings..

But Warren believes that Haye should first prove himself to be the best in Britain by taking on Skelton, the number one ranked heavyweight in the country, before he looks overseas.

He said: "This is a massive payday for Haye and a great opportunity to see if he is the real deal in the heavyweight division that he tells us he is. Skelton is the best in Britain and pushed Chagaev all the way in their world title fight. If Haye is serious about the heavyweight division he should fight Skelton first."

Haye has already been knocked out by a 40-year-old in Carl Thompson and Skelton, who hits the big 4-0 shortly, is really up for the job.

Skelton said: "I want the fight big time. It's a massive clash between Britain's biggest men. Haye wants to prove himself as a heavyweight so he should face the best and that's me. I know that I've got the power to knock him out."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Warren offers Haye skelton bout

If im not wrong this means peter-harrison is virtually a done deal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haye shouldnt take this fight skelton is impossible to look good against and will look for a wrestling match more than a proper fight , and doesnt warren get it haye is better than any of his boys skelton,harrison,enzo mac the lot !

i dont know if that peter fight at the o2 is going to come to anything now just warrens idle rubbish he likes to spout every now and then

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thought Haye made just under £1 million for Enzo?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he probably did warrens an absolute tool hell make out that its a golden oppurtunity for haye when its no such thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So I guess this means Harrison fights Peters, if it isn't a load of crap like hitman says. I think if the harrison that messed Danny williams up in 3 rounds turns up he stands a good chance.

Anyway, I think Haye will KO skelton, but it'll be boring to watch up untill the KO, as is the case with all of skeltons fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyUK View Post
    So I guess this means Harrison fights Peters, if it isn't a load of crap like hitman says. I think if the harrison that messed Danny williams up in 3 rounds turns up he stands a good chance.

Anyway, I think Haye will KO skelton, but it'll be boring to watch up untill the KO, as is the case with all of skeltons fights.

skelton will give haye way more problems than he actually needs at this stage.

not only is he very good at making his opponent look ordinary he is actually a half decent grappler who knows how to grind out a result.

My fear is if showtime/HBO for some reason decide to take this fight on and haye goes chasing a spectacular knockout which he wont get!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont know why but this makes sense to me. Matt skelton...despite being unbrearable to watch.He does know how to win a fight, and is probably the best in britian, mightaswell start small and move up.

On the other hand if hasim rahman is on cards, go for broke.
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight would be a step backwards he needs a well known name Hasim Rahman is said to be Hayes choice that sounds a better fight to me.I think Warren is just bitter and wanting one of his men to beat Haye because Haye smashed up his boy Enzo

ICB Guest

Cool Re: Warren offers Haye skelton bout

I know people may laugh at this but i give Skelton reasonable chance in this one, Haye's stamina has never been that good, so if Skelton can apply his rough tough style on Haye to good effect he has a chance to wear him down in the 2nd half of the fight and could stop him. Plus Skelton has always shown a pretty good chin so he could out last the early onslaught smothering Haye etc.

PS how the hell did that smiley face get above my post i didn't put it there huh ??
    Last edited by ICB; 05-27-2008 at 03:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    I know people may laugh at this but i give Skelton reasonable chance in this one, Haye's stamina has never been that good, so if Skelton can apply his rough tough style on Haye to good effect he has a chance to wear him down in the nd half of the fight and could stop him. Plus Skelton has always shown a pretty good chin so he could out last the early onslaught smothering Haye etc.
    Skelton is pretty one dimensional IMO, we seen him box a little against Williams 2 but apart from that fight he is just a brawler, I fuly expect Haye to wear Skelton down for a late stoppage.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    I know people may laugh at this but i give Skelton reasonable chance in this one, Haye's stamina has never been that good, so if Skelton can apply his rough tough style on Haye to good effect he has a chance to wear him down in the nd half of the fight and could stop him. Plus Skelton has always shown a pretty good chin so he could out last the early onslaught smothering Haye etc.
    Skelton is pretty one dimensional IMO, we seen him box a little against Williams 2 but apart from that fight he is just a brawler, I fuly expect Haye to wear Skelton down for a late stoppage.
    Haye isn't the type of fighter that wears fighters down for the simple reason his stamina just isn't that good. Skelton's style is built on wearing fighters down to take over in the 2nd half. I would like to see how Haye would cope with the rough style of Skelton should Skelton get him past 6th round.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye isn't the type of fighter that wears fighters down for the simple reason his stamina just isn't that good. Skelton's style is built on wearing fighters down to take over in the 2nd half. I would like to see how Haye would cope with the rough style of Skelton should Skelton get him past 6th round.
    He didn't wear down Mormeck or Fragomeni?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As said the reasons for haye not to take this on are endless, he would now be much better off relocating to america and working his way up through the ranks there rather than fight a couple of bums over here and then get a world title shot cast upon him.

America will love haye that im sure of. cocky, arrogant and packs a hell of a punch.

Whats the point in seeing him beat on ordinary british heavyweights when he can be over in america doing the ground work towards a mega fight with klitschko!!

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

iT WOULD BE INTERESTING FROM A FANS POINT OF VIEW.
    Haye could well blow Skelton away , or he may be worn down by Skeltons brawling tactics as ICE says.

Personally i think Skelton is an average fighter , but he holds a ranking which is a good reason to take the fight for Haye.

Id go for a KO win inside 6 for Haye.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information