Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: New Ring P4P Ranking: Hatton Out, Mijares In

Anyone still figure out how the Hell Hopkins is still on the list, let alone that high? but Hatton got bumped off completely

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    Anyone still figure out how the Hell Hopkins is still on the list, let alone that high? but Hatton got bumped off completely

I think the logic is that he beat Wright less than a year ago who was on the p4p list and prior to that beat Tarver who had beat RJJ who was on the p4p list. And he lost to Calzaghe who was rated very close to him on the p4p list.

Hatton while winning hasn't fought and won against a p4p fighter since Tszyu.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

I think the logic is that he beat Wright less than a year ago who was on the p4p list and prior to that beat Tarver who had beat RJJ who was on the p4p list. And he lost to Calzaghe who was rated very close to him on the p4p list.

All Hatton did was lose to the #1 PFP Boxer in the world.... Hop lost to JT 2x before he beat Tarver who I dont think he was on the list.. I will concede Winky is a good Scalp even if Hop mugged and hijacked the win, but I guess thats Boxing politics for you

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All Hatton did was lose to the #1 PFP Boxer in the world.... Hop lost to JT 2x before he beat Tarver who I dont think he was on the list.. I will concede Winky is a good Scalp even if Hop mugged and hijacked the win, but I guess thats Boxing politics for you

I'm not saying that it's right, but that's really the only way it kinda makes sense to me.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not saying that it's right, but that's really the only way it kinda makes sense to me.
    It was a valiant attempt to explain the chaos which is our sport

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer View Post
    CFH: Really at no time did I think Clazaghe looked bad fighting Hopkins......esp. considering it was Hopkins. I thought it was a pretty one-sided affair, with Hopkins leading in with his head and generally being outworked.
    I disagree. I had Hopkins up 4 or 5 rounds to 1 at one point. Calzaghe looked ineffective throughout most of the fight, and he only won because Hopkins gassed out. If it had been a younger version of Hopkins he would've won IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    CFH: Really at no time did I think Clazaghe looked bad fighting Hopkins......esp. considering it was Hopkins. I thought it was a pretty one-sided affair, with Hopkins leading in with his head and generally being outworked.
    I disagree. I had Hopkins up 4 or 5 rounds to 1 at one point. Calzaghe looked ineffective throughout most of the fight, and he only won becauseHopkins gassed out. If it had been a younger version of Hopkins he would've won IMO.
    Also, most judges favor fighters who are aggressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good to see Mijares being acknowledge
    The wicked shall die by there own wickedness.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm o.k. with the Rings top 10 P4P.

Hatton should have been removed... he was nearly stopped by a used up Lazcano.

The only other guys I could place in there would be Calderon & Guzman. If Ivan defeats Cazares again he's a shoe in. Guzman needs to fight a top name.

But to put those 2 in; 2 would have to come out. I think Hopkins still belongs on there for now I had him losing 115-114 to fellow P4P'r Calzaghe. I also think R. Marquez should remain... his loss to Vasquez could he gone either way.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

B-hop is alittle high for me.
    He beat Tarver, Wright, and deserved the win against Calzaghe... I would have him higher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I disagree. I had Hopkins up 4 or 5 rounds to 1 at one point. Calzaghe looked ineffective throughout most of the fight, and he only won becauseHopkins gassed out. If it had been a younger version of Hopkins he would've won IMO.
    Also, most judges favor fighters who are aggressive.

Then most judges are dumb and don't know the sport. Its who lands the more effective punches that is supposed to the first and most important criteria. After that ring generalship, defense, etc come into play. I felt Bernard was doing more his thing than Calzaghe was able to do his thing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

B-Hop lost pretty easily i thought when I went back and watched the fight a couple times. Whether or not Calzaghe won because he gassed out or not I don't think really is that relevant. Calzaghe took most of the rounds and won the fight. I really fail to see how someone could have scored this fight for Hopkins.
    B-Hop won a pretty close fight to Winky, while Winky was fighting way up in weight and neither looked particularly impressive. Also B-Hops ring tactics were completely AWFUL in this fight. Why would you keep warning a guy 20 times about leading in with his head if you aren't going to take a point away?? Stupid. However, that was still an impressive win.

A win against Tarver was good. And he was robbed once against Taylor but two losses there appear on his record from that.

All in all I would have Hopkins lower in the top 10. That is all.

I can't help but think that B-Hop being like 150 and working for GB has something to do with him being pretty high. One last payday.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    I haven't read any posts in this thread, just seen the title. But let me make a guess.

Bilbo has been in here crying and kicking and screaming foul. Prob. even called someone a goat loving devil worshipper cuz he saw Mijares made top 10 P4P.

So before I go looking through the posts, how close was I?
    you're very close except for the devil worshipper

Thread Information