Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The contract Calderon vs Cazares ll (Let's Talk here pics & vids)

Share/Bookmark
    XaduBoxer Guest

Default Re: The contract Calderon vs Cazares ll is Done........

... ...

.................... Height ... Reach
    Hugo Cazares .. 5' 5" ...... 66"
    Ivan Calderon .. 5' 0" .......63"

Difference ......... 5" ........ 3"

I pick the little guy to win again... I'll probably be picking the little guys until December 6...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default David (Calderon) vs Goliath (Cazares)

During the first fight Calderon displayed boxing skills at his best. It was amazing how Calderon could dominate Cazares against the opinion of many experts due to the size difference. But, Calderon demonstrated why he is one of the best pound for pound dominating a guy who came almost 5 divisions over the limit the day of the fight. Although there is a lot of negativism on Calderon revalidating (I believe that we still have Margarito on our heads) I think that he can be the David of the night and beat Goliath.

Cazares should come even more aggressive than the first time, but if Calderon maintains his focus and do not make something dumb like stopping in the middle of the ring to exchange wild punches, but hitting smartly, he should win. The only opportunity I see for Cazares is a KO, and he proved that he has the power to do it in the first fight. But, Calderon also showed that he can recover and that he has a big heart, and amazing skills. I am hoping that Calderon does not fall in the mental game that Cazares has been playing during the last couple of days. I am sure Cazares will try to repeat what Margarito did with Cotto, but he is fighting the best boxer.

I really believe that no many (if any) has Calderon skills, and he should be recognized as one of the best pound for pound, recognizing his power limitations. Tomorrow we should have another great night for boxing. This will be another Mexico - Puerto Rico battle... I hope that this next 24 hours are gone quickly...
    Puerto Rico, Small Island, Big Champions!!!

XaduBoxer Guest

Default Re: David (Calderon) vs Goliath (Cazares)

Another David vs. Goliath fight also happening in the next 24 hours in Germany... John Ruiz (David) vs. Nikolay Valuev (Goliath) in the heaviest division...

Calderon vs. Cazares happening in the lightest division...

It seems that David vs. Goliath match-ups is becoming a trend now and I was surprised why so many people vehemently protesting the December 6 greatest David vs. Goliath fight... the Manny Pacquiao (David) vs. Oscar Dela Hoya (Goliath) fight...

Latest news:

Ivan Calderon 107.5 vs Hugo Cazares 107.9

Huh? Cazares successfully makes weight but he looks like a zombie...

Last edited by XaduBoxer; 08-30-2008 at 12:14 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto Rican Punch View Post
    During the first fight Calderon displayed boxing skills at his best. It was amazing how Calderon could dominate Cazares against the opinion of many experts due to the size difference. But, Calderon demonstrated why he is one of the best pound for pound dominating a guy who came almost 5 divisions over the limit the day of the fight. Although there is a lot of negativism on Calderon revalidating (I believe that we still have Margarito on our heads) I think that he can be the David of the night and beat Goliath.

Cazares should come even more aggressive than the first time, but if Calderon maintains his focus and do not make something dumb like stopping in the middle of the ring to exchange wild punches, but hitting smartly, he should win. The only opportunity I see for Cazares is a KO, and he proved that he has the power to do it in the first fight. But, Calderon also showed that he can recover and that he has a big heart, and amazing skills. I am hoping that Calderon does not fall in the mental game that Cazares has been playing during the last couple of days. I am sure Cazares will try to repeat what Margarito did with Cotto, but he is fighting the best boxer.

I really believe that no many (if any) has Calderon skills, and he should be recognized as one of the best pound for pound, recognizing his power limitations. Tomorrow we should have another great night for boxing. This will be another Mexico - Puerto Rico battle... I hope that this next 24 hours are gone quickly...

I agree very much with what you say here, I think Cazares is going to be a little smarter with his reach and KO Calderon this time though. Don't get me wrong Calderon is a phenomenal pure boxer, but If Cazares can dial-in a little earlier well, we'll have to see, I picture it being as good of a fight as the first.

On a side note, Cazares is losing years of his life at these weigh-ins he looks like he just walked out of Aushwitz.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Puerto Rican Punch View Post

I agree very much with what you say here, I think Cazares is going to be a little smarter with his reach and KO Calderon this time though. Don't get me wrong Calderon is a phenomenal pure boxer, but If Cazares can dial-in a little earlier well, we'll have to see, I picture it being as good of a fight as the first.

On a side note, Cazares is losing years of his life at these weigh-ins he looks like he just walked out of Aushwitz.
    You are probably right... This time Cazares can use what he learned from their first fight and adjust and become even more dangerous. This is a big risk for the Iron Boy. Cazares showed that he can hurt Calderon, which is not surprising when we compare their sizes. Cazares has been trying to make Calderon mad and loose his focus during the last couple of days, which I hope he does not achieve because it will be deadly for Calderon. I am sure Cazares will try to press the fight to the end, but I am hoping that Calderon can manage this one more time. Calderon was doing some sparring with a guy weighing 165 practicing to manage Cazares weight. But, we will be seeing the action and results shortly. I will have my glass full of beer and other with Rum (Puerto Rican of course ) to manage my stress We should comment about the results later, my friend.
    Puerto Rico, Small Island, Big Champions!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should be a good scrap. I awarded Cazares 2 knockdowns in the first fight and I'm still unsure who wins this. Leaning towards Calderon points again.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calderon's gonna put on a clinic!!!

You can't hurt what you can't hit & Cazares is gonna be frustrated all night long!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post

You can't hurt what you can't hit & Cazares is gonna be frustrated all night long!
    But Cazares DID hit Calderon several times and dropped him several times and hurt him several times.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post

But Cazares DID hit Calderon several times and dropped him several times and hurt him several times.
    Calderon got careless in the 8th. It was understandable with the ease he was dealing with Cazares! Take out 3 rounds at the most & it was a shut out!

Cazares can put on all the pressure he wants it just makes Calderons job easier as the fight goes on as Cazares tires. If Cazares wait on his shots he's gonna get picked off!

This is the sweet science, the art of hit & not get hit & no one does it better than Calderon!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The event will start in approx. 30 min. from this post...

Looking forward to seeing Roman Martinez I think the kids champion material. I think he'll capture a title next year.

Also hoping to see Eric Morel get knocked the FUCK out. How the fuck did that scum bastard get out of jail for doing what he did. Sunnuva B!tch makes me sick.

Come OOOON! "Cuate" Ruiz knock Morel out.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Countdown just started...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm amped for this fight!!!

I agree Mick Martinez has great potential!

I don't like Morel either but I think he boxes the ears of Ruiz!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The contract Calderon vs Cazares ll (Let's Talk here pics & vids)

Morel vs. Ruiz.
    Rd. 1
    Morel jabbing, Ruiz throwing uppercuts, both land good shots. Morel jabbing well. Both studying eachother now jabing. Nice right by Morel.

Good round for Morel.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    The event will start in approx. 30 min. from this post...

Looking forward to seeing Roman Martinez I think the kids champion material. I think he'll capture a title next year.

Also hoping to see Eric Morel get knocked the FUCK out. How the fuck did that scum bastard get out of jail for doing what he did. Sunnuva B!tch makes me sick.

Come OOOON! "Cuate" Ruiz knock Morel out.
    Doesn't look like that's going to happen. Morel looking pretty damn good

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The contract Calderon vs Cazares ll (Let's Talk here pics & vids)

Yeah! I know just wishful thinking on my part...

Thread Information