Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The contract Calderon vs Cazares ll (Let's Talk here pics & vids)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The contract Calderon vs Cazares ll (Let's Talk here pics & vids)

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    I'm here...

I actually thought Calderon was very fortunate that the stopage came. Anyone that knows Cazares knows his best work is done late in the fight.
    I saw something happen I'm not sure if it's just me but there was something about the way Calderon sat in his corner as they poured water on him and rubbed his neck. I saw very heavy breathing by Calderon and Cazares was able to hit him well when he switched southpaw.

With all that being said, a win is win and Calderon won.
    Congrats to him and I think this should mark the end of this one. They both need to move onto other things.
    Calderon vs. Solis and Cazares should go after Canchilla or Sosa.
    I am not sure that Cazares was going to do any better in the last rounds, as Margarito did with Cotto. This is based on the first fight where Cazares could badly hurt Calderon, but the Iron Boy could survive and recovered his rithym to dominate the final rounds adn Calderon superb skills. Calderon was saying during his pre-fight interviews that he was going to choose right moment to stop a little and fight Cazares, and I believe he was starting to do that. He had indicated that his strategy was also to save some energy for those last rounds. With all punches that Cazares missed, I can think that he was more tired, and don't forget frustrated, than Calderon, but who knows if Cazares could connect a good body punch that took some air from Calderon also.

And, I also hope this is the end of this saga, and both of them move to other challenges... Cazares definitely should move up in weight division.
    Puerto Rico, Small Island, Big Champions!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The contract Calderon vs Cazares ll is Done........

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Thanks for the news man, Calderon is gonna have a tough go at it again, it's really tougher for Calderon than Cazares, because he has to not get caught flush for the full 12 (I know he came back from being hurt last time) Cazares can end it with a few combos. Should be another entertaining bull vs. matador performance.

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that Cazares takes Calderon out this time.

My prediction
    Cazares 12th round KO

And please don't think I am underrating Calderon he an amazingly nimble guy, but I think Cazares will catch him hard late.
    Just watched the fight, and ocming into it mate i was with you, i thought Cazares was going to take this by a KO or TKO, but damn he fought so stupid.

I know it must suck figting a guy who only wnats to run and hold, but jesus Cazares was his own worset enemy at times, his stance was horrible and he was running about the ring throwing silly shots.

If he ad shown some control, picked his shots better, i think he would of won and maybe stopped him.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The contract Calderon vs Cazares ll (Let's Talk here pics & vids)

What a fight card!!!!! Sorry I'm reporting late, friends, but had to make up the late night to the wife with some heavy duty yard work. Got home at 2:30 pm after being at the fights, 'cause I live about an hour or so away from Bayamon.

First, the main event was a downer with that sudden ending, especially after all the fights that preceded it. The crowd was electric throughout (boxing is alive and well in P.R., folks!!), and all the fights were great. I think the crowd favorite was the "Rocky" Martinez fight. The way he got off the canvas and defiantly pounded his fists together as if to say...."Now we're fighting!! C'mon, let's rumble!!" And the way he finished it.... Benavides was reeling and backing away from all the head and murderous body shots "Rocky" was hitting him with. I was already hoarse after that fight.

Morel did great, too. He's starting to look a little long in the tooth, but I thought he fought a great tactical fight.

The Calderon-Cazares fight started out just like the first one, with Ivan expertly ducking and avoiding Cazares' wild shots, while landing some counters of his own. He was also jabbing fast and accurate. Too bad the end came so sudden. And yeah, as Puerto Rican Punch correctly stated in an earlier post, Cazares acted very much like the sore loser. The crowd (myself included) booed the sh*t out of him for that.

All in all, a tremendous experience. And a big win for Puerto Rico in the ongoing saga of Puerto Rican vs. Mexican champions.

Salud, my friends.

P.S. - (Oh, by the way, the singer who sang the Mexican national anthem was fine as all hell, as were the ring girls. Just thought I'd throw that in there).

Thread Information