Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The contract Calderon vs Cazares ll (Let's Talk here pics & vids)

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The contract Calderon vs Cazares ll (Let's Talk here pics & vids)

The fight between Calderon vs Cazares ll is done and will be in August 30 08 Coliseum Ruben Rodriguez Bayamon P.R. , the Promotor Peter Rivera didnt comment how many they will earn for that fight , but Francisco Varcarcel the President of WBO confirmed that they get to the economical agreement ......................

Although , Juanma Lopez now is in Atlantic City for the last details for the fight in Jun 7 08 and feel very very Confident to win that fight ...................

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The contract Calderon vs Cazares ll is Done........

Thanks for the news man, Calderon is gonna have a tough go at it again, it's really tougher for Calderon than Cazares, because he has to not get caught flush for the full 12 (I know he came back from being hurt last time) Cazares can end it with a few combos. Should be another entertaining bull vs. matador performance.

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that Cazares takes Calderon out this time.

My prediction
    Cazares 12th round KO

And please don't think I am underrating Calderon he an amazingly nimble guy, but I think Cazares will catch him hard late.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AllI will say is this: OLE!!!!
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm surprised noone else has commented on your thread man, this is going to be a good fight.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will do my best to upload the first fight youtube style
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya View Post
    AllI will say is this: OLE!!!!
    Ivan does it better this go then he did it a year ago today!

It is my birthday today and tonight one year ago is when calderon beat cazares for the beltt baby

we one the OLE like the dieppa fight <3
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Little giants busy!
    Undefeated world champion Ivan "Iron Boy" Calderon and his challenger Hugo Cazares have been very busy this weekend in Puerto Rico promoting their fight next Saturday in the main event of Latin Fury to be telecast on Pay-Per-View in Puerto Rico and the United States. Cazares of Los Mochis, Mexico, got in on Thursday Night and, on Friday, both he and Calderon took part in the seven day pre-weight in Guaynabo, where Cazares was three pounds heavier then the limit of 116 pounds, though that was after a long 20 hours of flying to get to Puerto Rico. "I'm not worry I know what I need to do to make the weight and I will make it next Friday when I have to do it officially", said Cazares, who lost his WBO 108-pound title to Calderon last year here in Puerto Rico.
    On Saturday, both guys were together again when they held public workouts at a local mall. Cazares was serenaded by a live Mariachi band while he worked, took pictures and signed autographs for the fans. Calderon had his own workout as the fans cheered him on. On Sunday, they where together again, doing a live national interview in Univision's highly rated sports show "Republica Deportiva.”
    If the verbal sparring is any indication of the kind of fight this second encounter is going to be, it should be a war between these little giants. "I did not come all the way here to lose again,” says Cazares. “I'm here to take back my title—Calderon has borrowed it long enough.”
    "I know how to beat Cazares, and I will do it again,” promises the confident “Iron Boy.” “People were surprised I won the first time, but I will prove that the first time was not a fluke.”
    The card will be held at the Ruben Rodriguez Coliseo in Bayamon, Puerto Rico, the site of the first fight. The card is promoted by PR Best Boxing and Top Rank in association with Golden Boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just want add that Calderon should have to be more cautious in this one , Cazares will be again like 20 pnds. more then Calderon , obviously will have more power , but at the same way is not healthy to see boxers to drain to make weights , probably Cazares could come in weak , Cazares will try to come to KO Calderon early , something where will need a lot of gas to catch Calderon , Calderon to this fight trained more harder than the first , so is better for Cazares to put his roller skate..........

I hopes not and i really don't want be a pessimist , but i hopes that Calderon doesn't heap the cup with another up set ..................

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Me and some buddies from work are going to the fight Saturday night. We'll be rooting for Ivan as loudly as we can, and hoping he can stage a repeat of his previous win over Cazares.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Thanks for the news man, Calderon is gonna have a tough go at it again, it's really tougher for Calderon than Cazares, because he has to not get caught flush for the full 12 (I know he came back from being hurt last time) Cazares can end it with a few combos. Should be another entertaining bull vs. matador performance.

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that Cazares takes Calderon out this time.

My prediction
    Cazares 12th round KO

And please don't think I am underrating Calderon he an amazingly nimble guy, but I think Cazares will catch him hard late.
    Is true buddy , Calderon got a real big shot , he know that this time he have to be more cautious , Cazares will come ready for try to KO Calderon.........
    But lets see what going happen this time................

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Winner needs to fight Ulises Solis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    no doubt.

Dammit VD lately I'm agreeing with you too much!!!

For that matter here it is.

Calderon with a Wider UD over Cazares. You got to love Calderon's heart fighting big bad ass guys(cazares is) and then giving them the rematch.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    no doubt.

Dammit VD lately I'm agreeing with you too much!!!

For that matter here it is.

Calderon with a Wider UD over Cazares. You got to love Calderon's heart fighting big bad ass guys(cazares is) and then giving them the rematch.
    I'm taking Calderon by UD as well
    The wicked shall die by there own wickedness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

My prediction
    Cazares 12th round KO

Just watched the fight, and ocming into it mate i was with you, i thought Cazares was going to take this by a KO or TKO, but damn he fought so stupid.

I know it must suck figting a guy who only wnats to run and hold, but jesus Cazares was his own worset enemy at times, his stance was horrible and he was running about the ring throwing silly shots.

If he ad shown some control, picked his shots better, i think he would of won and maybe stopped him.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The contract Calderon vs Cazares ll (Let's Talk here pics & vids)

What a fight card!!!!! Sorry I'm reporting late, friends, but had to make up the late night to the wife with some heavy duty yard work. Got home at 2:30 pm after being at the fights, 'cause I live about an hour or so away from Bayamon.

First, the main event was a downer with that sudden ending, especially after all the fights that preceded it. The crowd was electric throughout (boxing is alive and well in P.R., folks!!), and all the fights were great. I think the crowd favorite was the "Rocky" Martinez fight. The way he got off the canvas and defiantly pounded his fists together as if to say...."Now we're fighting!! C'mon, let's rumble!!" And the way he finished it.... Benavides was reeling and backing away from all the head and murderous body shots "Rocky" was hitting him with. I was already hoarse after that fight.

Morel did great, too. He's starting to look a little long in the tooth, but I thought he fought a great tactical fight.

The Calderon-Cazares fight started out just like the first one, with Ivan expertly ducking and avoiding Cazares' wild shots, while landing some counters of his own. He was also jabbing fast and accurate. Too bad the end came so sudden. And yeah, as Puerto Rican Punch correctly stated in an earlier post, Cazares acted very much like the sore loser. The crowd (myself included) booed the sh*t out of him for that.

All in all, a tremendous experience. And a big win for Puerto Rico in the ongoing saga of Puerto Rican vs. Mexican champions.

Salud, my friends.

P.S. - (Oh, by the way, the singer who sang the Mexican national anthem was fine as all hell, as were the ring girls. Just thought I'd throw that in there).

Thread Information