Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What you should know about creatine...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What you should know about creatine...

alright, aside from the argument here, ive been thinking about using creatine for a while now, but because of sports training and not enough time to really hit the weights im waiting until summer. since i am a runner, i dont want to water weight that usually does come along with creatine using. is there a good way thats known by you guys to get rid of the water weight, or will my running 5x a week do it just fine?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

white bread is bad it makes you blouted and its has bad carbs , if you want to build muscle u have to eat proteins thats just the way it is :P his not lying :P

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by danne__
    white bread is bad it makes you blouted and its has bad carbs  , if you want to build muscle u have to eat proteins thats just the way it is :P his not lying :P
    you can forget 'bad carbs', if you want to gain muscle you need an excess of energy to what you have used. White bread dosn't contain 'bad carbohydrates', just fewer than brown bread does.

you need a high amount of protien and carbs to gain muscle, you can't keep fat off and make large gains at the same time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im not 100%sure but i think it has fast carbs=bad anyways of course u need fat but not bad fat , fats from omega 3 or flax seeds... anyways

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Besides the fact that you DO need carbs, take a look at the following page and look for the term "whole grain". There's more in life than just carbs, fat and protein.

http://www.rossboxing.com/thegym/thegym6.htm

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by danne__
    im not 100%sure but i think it has fast carbs=bad anyways of course u need fat but not bad fat , fats from omega 3 or flax seeds... anyways
    you mean saturated, unstaturated and polyunstaturated fat. Only unsaturated fat is seen as healthy, omega 3 is just a type of unsaturaed fat, normally come from vegetables.

get outta here with your nutrition fads... :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i've read that creatine is bad for the liver
    this would be bad for any boxer
    if we're constantly working on our abs to build a stronger shield for our livers
    then why would we contradict that effort by taking creatine to weaken the livers?
    Lightning Strikes Twice

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doesn't quiet work like that and the abdominal don't really protect the livers at all. I don't think it has much to do with the way the liver tissue absorbs blows, more just its ability to metabolise and store different nutrients.

What a lot of people forget is that Creatine is a substance that natural occurs in all humans and animals, our bodies produce it by breaking down different types of carbohydrates in our liver.

To be honest little is know to how much taking concentrated creatine does compared to a 'natural' diet of lean red meat, chicken and various types of carbohydrates, whilst it has been proven that there is a performance increase normally found in people who's diets are lacking, it is not known how much of this is a placebo effect (obviously not 100% of it... I won't deny creatine works)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

anyone know how to gain creatine levels in the body naturally
    Lightning Strikes Twice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 1magine
    i've read that creatine is bad for the liver
    this would be bad for any boxer
    if we're constantly working on our abs to build a stronger shield for our livers
    then why would we contradict that effort by taking creatine to weaken the livers?
    - I think that you mean as creatine is in a chemical format the liver must process this. It would be a minimal effect to the liver say compared to taking any course of steriod. If you were really worried about taking creatine and your liver then drinking plenty of water and taking liquid milk thistle would act as a very solid base.

> Eat more steak! Creatine is found naturally in red meat.

I personally haven't seen any major benifits from taking creatine, but that said, I have a friend who thought that it was the best thing since sliced bread....

Not sure if many pro boxer take creatine.....?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 1magine
    eat your complex carbs and natural sources of simple carbs like bananas, the best source of fiber and creatine is meat, specifcly red meat.

All meat is basicly is another animals muscles, and seeing as creatine is an energy source stored within the muscles of all creatures (although I doubt you'll find to much in slugs and snails :P) its a good bet to guess thats where to get them, before we had all the sceintific advances we have nowdays fighters would live off beef steaks... look at Tysons regime, he would constantly be eating steak meals, this was back in the days when Whey powder was all the range... half the trainers didn't know about creatine either, it was just that they seemed to get results when eating it.

Just makes sure you cut off the fat and grissle and use something like the george forman grill to cook it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    Just makes sure you cut off the fat and grissle and use something like the george forman grill to cook it
    Will that make me as lean as George Foreman

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So I've heard...

I wouldn't stand too near the thing either, if you watch George Foreman in his latest adverts and think he's acting a bit odd.... its probably to do with some form of raidiation its giving off...

Thread Information