Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Chad Dawson-Adrian Diaconu to happen in Romania in the next 90 days

from fightnews.....

Dawson-Diaconu in Romania!
    Friday, June 13 2008
    The results are in for the WBC purse bid held this afternoon in Mexico City to determine the promoter of the WBC light heavyweight title bout between interim champion Adrian Diaconu and reignng champion Chad Dawson. Gankor Promotions won the rights to stage the bout with an offer of $1,813,000. Dawson promoter Gary Shaw bid $1,301,000. The WBC voted recently for a 60/40 purse split in favor of Team Dawson, which translates to a purse of $1,087,800 for Dawson while Diaconu will be making $725,200. Details such as date and site are yet to be announced, but the bout will take place in Romania within the next 90 days or so. Adrian "The Shark" Diaconu (25-0-0, 15 KO) won the WBC interim title on April 19th 2008 in Bucharest, Romania against # 3 rated Chris Henry. "Bad" Chad Dawson (26-0- 0, 17 KO) has been WBC champion since February 3rd 2007 when he dethroned Tomasz Adamek.
    For all the latest boxing news, click here.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chad Dawson-Adrian Diaconu to happen in Romania in the next 90 days

Seems a bit of an odd move for Dawson, a young well known champion to be going to Romania all of a sudden for a fight but I guess they let it go to purse bid and it worked out for Diaconu's people.

I didn't think Diaconu looked good last time. He can punch a bit though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was disappointed that fight never came to fruition the 1st time it was made. I'll be anxious to see this, though unless Diaconu lands alot and early, it will be a one-sided affair for Dawson.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why romania but i thinks dawson wins

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like Gary Shaw didn't even come real close to matching the purse bid. Maybe Nonito was right in bolting.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    Seems a bit of an odd move for Dawson, a young well known champion to be going to Romania all of a sudden for a fight but I guess they let it go to purse bid and it worked out for Diaconu's people.

I didn't think Diaconu looked good last time. He can punch a bit though.
    You gotta applaud the kid, he aint' afraid to travel and defend his title.
    It's what makes a good champion a great champion the fact that he can go to another country and win. That way that whole talk about about a fighter not leaving his country to fight and not challenging other world fighter can not arise. I think it's great that he is doing and it will only add to his legacy. I wish more and more fighters did this. Which why I applaud AA for coming over here to fight Miranda. Shit like that is to be applauded especially today where fighters don't want to leave their home turf.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post
    I was disappointed that fight never came to fruition the 1st time it was made. I'll be anxious to see this, though unless Diaconu lands alot and early, it will be a one-sided affair for Dawson.
    LEGION, that is exactly my toughts on the fight.

Diaconu will come out guns blazing and trying to impose himself onto BCD.
    I'm sure Diaconu will have his moments, I mean come on BCD is not invisible here but I don't think it will be anything major as the fight heads into the mid to late rounds 6, 7, 8 BCD will just put on his lesson. I think the judges scores will not tell the true story of the fight. But nonetheless BCD will prevail and will win.

Hopefully he can fight Tarver after this fight.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyBacon View Post
    why romania but i thinks dawson wins
    Diaconu is Romanian.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dawson should pretty much put on a clinic here.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey Mick

I too want to see a Dawson/ Tarver fight but if your boy Cloud gets past Gonzalez wouldn't he be next in line to face Tarver? How do you see Tavoris going against Tarver? I think he beats Gonzalez easy (is there anyone Gonzalez hasn't fought at 175?)
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Hey Mick

I too want to see a Dawson/ Tarver fight but if your boy Cloud gets past Gonzalez wouldn't he be next in line to face Tarver? How do you see Tavoris going against Tarver? I think he beats Gonzalez easy (is there anyone Gonzalez hasn't fought at 175?)
    Believe you me Galaxy, it's gonna suck the day when Tavoris has to fight BCD. I've said it already that I would back BCD.

I think both Tavoris & BCD are skilled enough to become Champs I think BCD beats Tarver. But I'm not sure about Tavoris, his quality of opposition has been weak. I think after the Gonzalez fight we'll see where Tavoris stands. We'll see how well Tavoris handles a world class opponent whos pretty much seen it all.

Who knows we might see Tavoris vs. BCD sooner than what we think.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Diaconu has a big punch and against Hoye was really explosive when he turned it on but against Henry he just looked incredibly flat. He looked the same way in the first round against Hoye too so I wonder if his explosiveness and power is overrated a bit. It certainly didn't seem so against Hoye but again, I wasn't impressed at all with his performance against Henry in Romania. Dawson's chin is a question mark but everything Diaconu threw was telegraphed and slow. Also he wasn't behind the peek a boo which if I remember correctly he was against Hoye. So I don't know, Dawson should outbox him pretty comfortably, Dawson definitely has great skills but again the chin is the question.

Thread Information