Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who will it be for Pavlik next?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who will be Pavlik's next opponet.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who will be Pavlik's next opponet.

I have it narrowed down to four possible.
    1. Abraham
    2. Kessler
    3. Rubio
    4. Calzaghe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who will be Pavlik's next opponet.

I hope it's #1 or #2 on your list. Either or will be great fights. I would think after last night it will be Abraham.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

ICB Guest

I think he needs to fight Abraham next for certain, Abraham is number 2 in the division and Pavlik needs to take care of business at his own weight class before he moves up and fights Kessler or etc. Otherwise if he moves up without fighting Abraham it isn't going to look good for Pavlik IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think Kessler and Abraham will beat him, Rubio will get his ass kicked and Calzaghe will never fight him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Abraham will be fighting Marquez next so I assume Pavlik will be fighting Rubio.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik V Abraham looms as fight of the year if it happens and it should!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pav vs Abraham for me, this two powerhouses should meet!!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would love for it to be Abraham or Kessler, because Uncle Bob keeps hinting that the fight will be here in Cleveland, and I sure as fuk don't want to pay to see him fight Rubio.

Not sure if Abraham is possible, he has already been told that he has to fight his mandatory in Raul Marquez. The only way they can bypass a Abraham/Marquez fight, is paying step aside money with a promise to fight him next. But with Marquez getting older, not sure how willing he would be.

Kessler would be my next pick. Kelly just defended his title against his mandatory, so they can't hold that against him, and make him fight another mandatory right away. So I see this as a possibility.

Calzaghe won't fight Kelly.

And unfortunately, I have a feeling we are going to get stuck with Rubio. He is another fighter under Uncle Bob's control, and I can see him matching them up.

Darkhorse - Winky Wright. He says that he wants to fight Kelly, and that he would fight him here in Cleveland, but I think Winky would probably price himself out. Which is too bad, because I would pay to go see this fight as well.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How do you leave out Winky?

I would rather see Winky or Abraham.

ICB Guest

I hope Pavlik vs Kessler doesn't happen quite yet i want to see Pavlik take care of business in his own weight class before he moves up. And even though im a Pavlik fan i would be slighly disappointed if Pavlik moved up and didn't fight Abraham because that would leave a lot of question marks IMO, Let Abraham and Pavlik fight it out and then Pavlik can fight any of the top Super Middleweights, but first Pavlik needs to prove he really is the number 1 man in his division first. And if he can get a fight with Winky then i would love also to see that before Pavlik moved up.
    Last edited by ICB; 06-23-2008 at 12:24 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it will be Rubio, which is a joke. I think it should be Abraham or if he's busy, then Winky. I'd prefer to see Pavlik (or Abraham) dominate the MW division rather than moving up to SMW. There's just something so great about having a unified MW champion who dominates the division.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    I hope Pavlik vs Kessler doesn't happen quite yet i want to see Pavlik take care of business in his own weight class before he moves up. And even though im a Pavlik fan i would be slighly disappointed if Pavlik moved up and didn't fight Abraham because that would leave a lot of question marks IMO, Let Abraham and Pavlik fight it out and then Pavlik can fight any of the top Super Middleweights, but first Pavlik needs to prove he really is the number 1 man in his division first. And if he can get a fight with Winky also then i would love to see that also before Pavlik moved up.
    I have read interviews were Kelly had said that he would love to fight Abraham. Abraham however, has to take care of his mandatory first, so Kelly is going to need to take a fight, in order to stay busy, before these two can match up against one another. Unless, Marquez takes step aside money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To me wuold be so exciting to see Pavlik vs Abraham , now that both KOed Miranda .................

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I hope Pavlik vs Kessler doesn't happen quite yet i want to see Pavlik take care of business in his own weight class before he moves up. And even though im a Pavlik fan i would be slighly disappointed if Pavlik moved up and didn't fight Abraham because that would leave a lot of question marks IMO, Let Abraham and Pavlik fight it out and then Pavlik can fight any of the top Super Middleweights, but first Pavlik needs to prove he really is the number 1 man in his division first. And if he can get a fight with Winky also then i would love to see that also before Pavlik moved up.
    I have read interviews were Kelly had said that he would love to fight Abraham. Abraham however, has to take care of his mandatory first, so Kelly is going to need to take a fight, in order to stay busy, before these two can match up against one another. Unless, Marquez takes step aside money.
    Well if Abraham is busy hopefully Pavlik can get a fight with Winky, but i've heard Winky is kinda hard to negotiate with, but i do think it is a must that Pavlik takes care of business at Middleweight first.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Well if Abraham is busy hopefully Pavlik can get a fight with Winky, but i've heard Winky is kinda hard to negotiate with, but i do think it is a must that Pavlik takes care of business at Middleweight first.
    Oh I agree, I would love for Kelly to fight Abraham, as I stated above, but I guess I'm hoping for a decent fight if it indeed comes to Cleveland. We never get fights here, so I wouldn't mind a lapse in weight class if he fights Kessler, as long as it keeps a Rubio fight out of Cleveland.

Winky would be great, but I think he will price himself out, unfortunately.

Thread Information