Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: this dude wants to train me

Quote Originally Posted by Gemandad View Post
    Thanks, but I have just signed a deal, I would am not on here for self promotion, just a bit of banter so you will have to take my word for it I'm afraid. Congrats on the medals but I am just voicing my opinion, thanks.

Looked, most of us here got off the Andrew bashing bandwagon a long time ago, and got on the helping a person out express. One way or another Andrew will be fighting, so we would all like him to be fighting better prepared physically trained properly and with better technique.

It really is that simple. No one here is talking about turning him into the next p4p champ.

If you start to learn a bit more about Andrew and are any sort of 1/2 ass decent human being, you may understand better. I too bashed him for a while, but have grown rather fond of him lately...So I understand your comments, but also if you read my post up on the previous page, it may give you some insight into why I and some others feel as we do.
    Last edited by Youngblood; 06-24-2008 at 10:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do understand and a lot of people seemed to come around to that idea, I just think if you are solely in boxing to make money, you are going to get hurt, also with his record and the amount of times he has been knocked out he will start to struggle to get bouts, and then the money will dry up anyway. When people look to journeymen they are looking for tough guys that will give their prospects a few rounds. Your initial impression is that this guy was crap, he is, I know he has kids but there are better ways to earn money than being knockout every 3 months, he also is getting medical bans which don't allow him to fight regularly, thats how journeymen make there money and it is a noble trade but they fight week in week out cause they don't get stopped. You guys have to stop patting this guy on the back - when you are really thinking the same as I am... Please if i am wrong let me know, each to their own but I don't know what the disability befit is over there but that will soon become his only income. I can understand guys chasing their dreams but you have to draw the line somewhere, surely 13 losses from 15, a DQ win and a win over a guy who is 0-2, maybe it's time to consider other options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Thanks, but I have just signed a deal, I would am not on here for self promotion, just a bit of banter so you will have to take my word for it I'm afraid. Congrats on the medals but I am just voicing my opinion, thanks.
    4 pro fights,and you signed a deal?
    You realize you just got screwed?
    Exclusivity deals are allways an f job,Ive got fighters who cant even fight in this state because of those deals
    Well,it cant be helped now,your sig is on the contract
    Thanks for worrying but it is a decent deal which has been reviewed by my manager and trainer first, think I will be ok as long I don't get my ass kicked too early into it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Geezus...
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do understand and a lot of people seemed to come around to that idea, I just think if you are solely in boxing to make money, you are going to get hurt, also with his record and the amount of times he has been knocked out he will start to struggle to get bouts, and then the money will dry up anyway. When people look to journeymen they are looking for tough guys that will give their prospects a few rounds. Your initial impression is that this guy was crap, he is, I know he has kids but there are better ways to earn money than being knockout every 3 months, he also is getting medical bans which don't allow him to fight regularly, thats how journeymen make there money and it is a noble trade but they fight week in week out cause they don't get stopped. You guys have to stop patting this guy on the back - when you are really thinking the same as I am... Please if i am wrong let me know, each to their own but I don't know what the disability befit is over there but that will soon become his only income. I can understand guys chasing their dreams but you have to draw the line somewhere, surely 13 losses from 15, a DQ win and a win over a guy who is 0-2, maybe it's time to consider other options.
    Actually he really did kick Zelenoffs a$$ in. He's young enough that if he gets proper training,he can be tweeked in to round. Charlie on the other hand should go away and pretend he never even heard the word boxing, the words tenative weak and slow come to mind. Andrews got heart,and decent hand speed,so we just need to work on his conditioning and form, since he's only 24,this is not insurmountable.
    He's not on a med suspension obviously,he won his last fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually he really did kick Zelenoffs a$$ in. He's young enough that if he gets proper training,he can be tweeked in to round. Charlie on the other hand should go away and pretend he never even heard the word boxing, the words tenative weak and slow come to mind. Andrews got heart,and decent hand speed,so we just need to work on his conditioning and form, since he's only 24,this is not insurmountable.
    NOT THIS TIME BUT HAS BEEN KO'ED IN 1ST OR 2ND ROUNDS IN ALL HIS OTHER FIGHTS, Your right man great talent, if he had at least survived in those fights i would be more inclined to agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NOT THIS TIME BUT HAS BEEN KO'ED IN 1ST OR 2ND ROUNDS IN ALL HIS OTHER FIGHTS, Your right man great talent, if he had at least survived in those fights i would be more inclined to agree
    If he listens to the trainers here,and his new trainer, he's got hope.
    The most important thing is we've got to get his weight down,he's too short to be fighting where he is.
    He's got workable with skills,but if your allways caught coming in(shut up Andrew you know its true) your allways going to be caught that way.
    If he does due dilligence,we can fix him.
    I cant believe I got an online project now,he isnt my fighter,Im not getting paid for this.
    Ok I understand my own reasoning, he's got heart, and I dont want to see him get his head handed to him,because nobody talked to him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The most important thing is we've got to get his weight down,he's too short to be fighting where he is.
    He's got workable with skills,but if your allways caught coming in(shut up Andrew you know its true) your allways going to be caught that way.
    I cant believe I got an online project now,he isnt my fighter,Im not getting paid for this.
    Ok I understand my own reasoning, he's got heart, and I dont want to see him get his head handed to him,because nobody talked to him
    I like you, and have respect for what you are saying, good luck with your project. I just think this game is the toughest on earth and not everyone can just step in and compete, you have to have more than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

listin here fucker i have never been ko when a ref count to ten they consider that ko when he dose im always on my feet i have a fight video of me and burks it went 3rds the only reason why i lost was i couldnt breath yes that why i have losses cuz of my stanmia not because i cant fight and if you are a pro then you should know that when you lose to ko your suspend for 90days if you notice on my record the most i have ever been suspened is 30days if you lose by tko your out for 30days ko your out for 90 days if you get dq it for 60days like i said dicklick i have a fight aug 9th my record will be 3-13 and also if you look at my record you will see that i jump around in my weight hell i even fought at jr middleweight
    Baggins Clan Pro Fighter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like you, and have respect for what you are saying, good luck with your project. I just think this game is the toughest on earth and not everyone can just step in and compete, you have to have more than that.
    Ive watched tape on him,Andrew is almost hanging in his fights,he needs a little nudge over the edge. Im doing it as a freebie,but I think I can get him over the lip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by kid_thunder View Post
    listin here fucker i have never been ko when a ref count to ten they consider that ko when he dose im always on my feet i have a fight video of me and burks it went 3rds the only reason why i lost was i couldnt breath yes that why i have losses cuz of my stanmia not because i cant fight and if you are a pro then you should know that when you lose to ko your suspend for 90days if you notice on my record the most i have ever been suspened is 30days if you lose by tko your out for 30days ko your out for 90 days if you get dq it for 60days like i said dicklick i have a fight aug 9th my record will be 3-13 and also if you look at my record you will see that i jump around in my weight hell i even fought at jr middleweight
    Ha ha ok mate you be proud, I didn't get KO'ed I lost on stamina after 3 rounds, sorry well done. You will also know there is a difference in the suspension if you are KO'ed or TKO'ed then won't you? and I went for TKO, as you only have 4 registered KO's on your record. Good luck on the 9th August, who are you fighting this time, fight that guy that quit after 2 mins again, then you will get another win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha ha ok mate you be proud, I didn't get KO'ed I lost on stamina after 3 rounds, sorry well done. You will also know there is a difference in the suspension if you are KO'ed or TKO'ed then won't you? and I went for TKO, as you only have 4 registered KO's on your record. Good luck on the 9th August, who are you fighting this time, fight that guy that quit after 2 mins again, then you will get another win.
    I take it you guys have fought
    It makes no real difference to me,but it sounds like youve strapped them together

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im fighting a guy who had never fought a pro fight or an am fight his name is Joe neighbors he the same height as me maybe just a lil shorter my career is not a comedy show so i wont be fighting charlie anymore theres no point we all know that he cant fight im going forward not backards
    Baggins Clan Pro Fighter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah, Listen mate am not having a go but you should really becareful, a lot of guys have got hurt in this sport and it doesn't do anything for them or the sport. You have been stopped 13 times it only takes one shot to cause serious even fatal damage, stepping into the ring under prepared, under trained or under able is not advisable to anyone. I am guessing you won't have done much in regard to making real improvements since your last fight, Kimbo Slice never had any am or pro fights but you wouldn't throw someone in with him, even it is only the first round he is really dangerous for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah, Listen mate am not having a go but you should really becareful, a lot of guys have got hurt in this sport and it doesn't do anything for them or the sport. You have been stopped 13 times it only takes one shot to cause serious even fatal damage, stepping into the ring under prepared, under trained or under able is not advisable to anyone. I am guessing you won't have done much in regard to making real improvements since your last fight, Kimbo Slice never had any am or pro fights but you wouldn't throw someone in with him, even it is only the first round he is really dangerous for.
    dude if rodney jones and oisin fagan couldnt hurt me i dont think these clubfighters could hurt me but like i said i know what can happen to me in a ring but on the other hand NO ones putting a gun to my head telling me to get in the ring and fight but the problem i have with you is you looked at my record of 2-13 and then said i need a new job man record dosent mean shit hell ali loss fights matthew hatton lost tp a dude who was 9-48 and he lose to a dude who was 3-2 so dont judge me on my record
    Baggins Clan Pro Fighter

Thread Information