Roger Mayweather is delusional. Says Gatti, Baldo and ODLH were in their prime when his nephew beat them

Boxingtalk recently caught up with trainer Roger Mayweather to discuss his nephew/charge, former pound for pound boss Floyd Mayweather Jr., and his most recent retirement. On the Teddy Atlas theory that Floyd Jr. did not want his father training someone to face him and have his family's dirty laundry aired over media channels: Teddy Atlas don't know shit. He don't know shit about boxing any damn way. He can't train nobody. So what he says don't mean shit. It has nothing to do with that. My nephew retired because he did what no other fighter in history has done, he won six world titles at five weight classes and retired undefeated.

Let me tell you something, Floyd didn't start no motherfucking boxing at ten or twelve, Floyd been boxing since he was one. He's been around boxing his entire life. His legacy is already made.

On whether big Floyd would have made a difference in Oscar De La Hoya's corner against little Floyd?

He struggled with Stevie Forbes what the fuck is going to do against Floyd? I use to train both of them (Floyd Mayweather and Stevie Forbes), they were a year apart, at the same time.
Let me tell you something, De La Hoya couldn't beat my nephew if he brung Angelo Dundee, no training ass Manny Steward and Floyd.

On Floyd threatening to fire him if he trained Steve Forbes for his match against Oscar De La Hoya before their upcoming September rematch, and missing out on a big check:
No, it's not like that. My thing was, I wasn't mad; it was how he said it. But he didn't say it to me. But he told me he didn't want me to train Stevie Forbes because of the fight coming up. Bottom line, Stevie Forbes didn't win and Floyd ain't going to fight him anyways, so it makes no fucking difference.

On Floyd's legacy:

BT: You think he's leaving some unfinished business?

RM: Why?

BT Some of the guys he won the championships from, say Arturo Gatti?

RM: Yeah, Gatti was the champ so he kicked his ass. Yeah.

BT: And at 147?

RM: Won it twice, from Zab Judah and Carlos Baldomir. And then he whupped motherfucking De La Hoya's ass.

BT: What about Miguel Cotto?

RM: Floyd doesn't have unfinished business with Cotto. Floyd has already done what no fighter in history has ever done. They already done it, but they lost. Thomas Hearns did it, but he already lost. ‘Sugar' Ray Robinson did it, but he already lost.

BT: So being undefeated is an important part of it?

RM: Listen, when they talk about fighters, who is the only guy they bring up because he was the only champ to retire undefeated?

BT: Rocky Marciano?

RM: And he beat a bunch of old motherfuckers, right.

BT: A similar argument could be made of Floyd?

RM: No, Floyd fought the guys in their prime.

Floyd in history is always going to be questioned; oh, he could have fought this guy or that guy. Even if he comes back, that's how it will always go.
On whether Floyd will stay retired or be lured back:

RM: Most fighters come back for one reason - money - we'll he already got money.

BT: You don't think that money might dry up?

RM: Seventy million!

BT: (Mike) Tyson and (Evander) Holyfield went through more than that.

RM: Floyd don't have twenty kids. And remember this; Tyson's money you can say was taken from him. It wasn't him spending all that money. If a motherfucker comes back and he's got seventy million dollars, there's something wrong with him any motherfucking way. He don't have no dope problems. He don't have no coke problems. He don't have no drinking problems. He has a couple of kids. If a man comes back from that, he got other problems.