Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Daniel Geale defends his IBO World Middle Weight Title tonight..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Daniel Geale defends his IBO World Middle Weight Title tonight..

He's fighting Geard Ajetovic (16-1 8 KO's) in a few hours here in Aus. It's Friday night. Anyone interested??

I like Geale he's a good boxer with a record of 18-0 with 12 KO's his last win a UD in 12 rounds over Daniel Dawson who was 29-0 with 20 ko's and they fought for the vacant title. It was a good fight and Dawson's only loss so far.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Daniel Geale defends his IBO World Middle Weight Title tonight..

Fenech is promoting the fight and just said he sustained rib cartelidge damage in the first round against Nelson and nursed it throughout the fight. He said the fight was "Crazy" and wouldn't do it again. Thinks the fight with Samart Payakaroon would have been better but coudn't get the deal done.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive seen Ajetovic a few times (he's Brit based).

Never been overly impressed but he's certainly not a mug either. I always think he looks small at the weight. I guess he'll be a good guide to what Geale has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Ive seen Ajetovic a few times (he's Brit based).

Never been overly impressed but he's certainly not a mug either. I always think he looks small at the weight. I guess he'll be a good guide to what Geale has.
    Going by thier records Geale should do the Job. His win over Dawson was a big one - he's a real tough fighter.

Yeah Ajetovic is fighting out of Prescot, Merseyside, United Kingdom and originally from BeoĨin, Serbia.
    Last edited by bikersk; 06-27-2008 at 09:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight starts now. Fenechs plastic wife is singing the Australian Anthem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rnd 1: Good round for Geale much busier the serb/brit has the ear muffs on and doesnt do much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rnd 2: Geale Jabs well throughout - nice and fast with the jab. But not much action.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rnd 3 : Some good exchanges from both guys through the round round ends with both throwing.
    Rnd 4: the serb drops his hands and invites geale in and he accommodates geale throws more and then gets hit coming in geale much busier and working the body well.

Rnd 5: starts the same lots of punches from geale most on the gloves though - serb throwing ot much though - big right by the serb connects and geale is hurt - he hits back and a fight is on. Both flurry at the end of the round and it's turning into a good fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

rnd 6: 4 jabs and a right to start the round from geale - geale throwing more. But hitting infrequently. Hits with a good hook, then works the body again well. geale throws a 4 punch combo that ends with the body - nice work.

rnd 7: geale throwing more but the serb hitting harder. good body work by geale - looks like hes thinking of the later rounds.

rnd 8:geale busy again but not much action this round so far half way through geal uses combos and power and starts to win this round grat body work by geale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

rnd 9: geale jabbing a lot and moving well - the serb looking for the one punch and not finding it - great body work again by geale big right to the body from geale - good left - right - left from geale. ends the round.

Rnd 10: left left right by geale then upper to start the round. geale totally controlling the fight and the pace. geale hitting at will straight up the pipe.

Rnd 11. the serb does the doggy for a sec on geale when he slips but geale comes back with jabs and combos that the serb cant match.
    geale now hitting with ease and moving so well to not get hit.

rnd 12: the serb has been totally outboxed and has only 1 chance. But he's not hit geale much at all so his chances are slim. here it goes. great start by the serb but geale adjusts and throws plenty. The serb lands a big punch but geale shakes it off. a total domination by geale a true world champ. !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Decision: 117-111
    117-111
    120-109

To geale and still IBO champ!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like it was a good one. Hope you tivo'd it for upload

Thread Information