Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather vs Mosley at Lightweight

I am reall ynot sure , i always thought Mosley was unbeatable at LW , but for what Mayweather has gone on and achived im not so sure.
    im gunna fence sit this one

DRAW 12
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

ICB Guest

Mosley would of lost he has always struggled against good jabbers and back at Lightweight Mayweather had a terrific jab, plus i think Mayweather is the better boxer so im going with Mayweather by close UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tough fight to call id go with Mosley as he was faster and hit 3x as hard.

Mosley close UD maybe SD.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley.

People forget that Shane was a MONSTER at 135. I think he'd take a close UD.
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley by an easy win.Not to mention he was 32-0 with 31 KO's. Mayweather would have ran and ran Mosley would have chased and chased an easily outgunned him and knocked him out. Remember Shane is the natural lightweight Floyd won a bronze in the featherweight division. So Shane would have an edge in size,also he is just as fast,and throws a helluva alot more punches.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This hypothetical matchup is one of the few where I could see Floyd's defense getting overwhelmed. Shane was too fast and too strong at 135 for Floyd.

What's bad is I'd still like to see them fight, at 147 or 154. I think Mayweather wins here, but it would be an interesting matchup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather used a lot more footwork down at 135, and I think he deals with fast opponents better than Mosley does. I still feel Mosley being a little robotic, never having a solid jab, and over reliance on handspeed would make this a close but UD for Mayweather.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley

He was untouchable at lightweight but Floyd got beat by Castillo IMO whos just a limited Mexican . It would be a good fight but Mosley has better speed and power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Mosley

He was untouchable at lightweight but Floyd got beat by Castillo IMO whos just a limited Mexican . It would be a good fight but Mosley has better speed and power.
    You can't state somebody was untouchable at a weight, nor can you compare how Mayweather against somebody like Castillo with somebody like Mosley, they are totally different opponents. Also Mayweather didn't get beat by Castillo, and he tore his left rotator cuff going into the fight so thats still a bad example. Mosley has better combination speed, but for pot shot type speed MAyweather is easily as fast as Mosley, and clearly has quicker feet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Mosley

You can't state somebody was untouchable at a weight, nor can you compare how Mayweather against somebody like Castillo with somebody like Mosley, they are totally different opponents. Also Mayweather didn't get beat by Castillo, and he tore his left rotator cuff going into the fight so thats still a bad example. Mosley has better combination speed, but for pot shot type speed MAyweather is easily as fast as Mosley, and clearly has quicker feet.

Well to me Mosley looks more impressive as a lightweight.. He dominated a prime Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd had a close fight fight with the washed up version and some people thought he lost .

ICB Guest

Mosley

Well to me Mosley looks more impressive as a lightweight.. He dominated a prime Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd had a close fight fight with the washed up version and some people thought he lost .
    ODLH vs Mosley 1 was at Welterweight so i don't see the comparison ?? and ODLH vs Mosley 1 was hardly blow out i had Mosley winning by 3 rounds and i had Mayweather winning the ODLH fight by 3 rounds, and lets not forget Mosley's gift in the rematch which he should of lost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather - far more convincingly than he ever would at 147

Mosley has always been the kind of fighter who likes to plant his feet and stand and trade with his opponent.

At 135 PBF would just dance a merry jig round him all night long.

At 147 i honestly believe SSM has it in him to give floyd big problems.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

ODLH vs Mosley 1 was at Welterweight so i don't see the comparison ?? and ODLH vs Mosley 1 was hardly blow out i had Mosley winning by 3 rounds and i had Mayweather winning the ODLH fight by 3 rounds, and lets not forget Mosley's gift in the rematch which he should of lost.
    Well many people thought Floyd was lucky to get the decision over a washed up De La Hoya but nobody disputes Mosley beat a prime oscar at welter .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Well many people thought Floyd was lucky to get the decision over a washed up De La Hoya but nobody disputes Mosley beat a prime oscar at welter .
    Who thought Oscar beat Floyd?

Because as far as I know the only person who felt Oscar won that fight wasthe one judge who scored it for him and the people who haven't seen the fight.

No one who has truly watched that fight would think that Mayweather lost the fight with Oscar. He was also moving up to Oscar's weight for that fight too just like Shane did.

Anyway I saw Shane against a guy named Phillip Holiday or something like that.

And I think Mayweather had a chance against a Mosley at 135
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Thread Information