Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should freaks be allowed to work???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Should freaks be allowed to work???

Okay, I was thinking about the animate gif I posted the other day

and it's from an old movie entitled "freaks", and it is a real person... (well, "person" is kind of a loose term to describe them)

These days, it would be so Politically Incorrect, that it would all have to be done with makeup and special effects.... In fact, it would almost be in bad taste even making a movie about freaks...

BUT!!! Here is the question...

Should these people be looked away in institutions, hidden away from public, locked away by their family like, "freaks".... Or should the be able to make their own decision like "hey, this is how I was born, god made me this way.. I accept it.. I accept other people will be shocked by me.. But I accept myself, and I would be happy to travel the world as part of a "freak" show"...

It would get them out of the house, they could travel and see the world, and make very good money while they are at it....

I don't mean they should be held like slave pieces of meat, owned by someone and dragged around to be pointed out... I mean, knowingly join a freak show and get paid good money for it??

Here is one view I have of it... Say a freak show was coming into town from Russia.. There would be a lot of protestors saying "It's wrong!!", "It's exploiting them", "it's point out their deformaties".. And these protestors would be trying to look out for these people... Even though they chose to be in the show to make money...

Lets look at it simply... What do models do?? They get paid to go around, strutting the body and face that god gave them... Why the hell can't the freaks do the EXACT same thing?? If they are okay with it and people will pay to see it??

Is society right to say,, "Well you are good looking so it's okay for you to charge money for people to look at you", "But """UGLY""" people aren't allowed"

NO

It's society that has labeled "beauty" as a good thing that we much look at and worshop.. and "ugliness" as something that should be hidden away...

So the protestors would really just be saying "no, your ugly so you don't have the right to charge money for people to look at you", "if you were good looking, then that's fine"...

Anway, just a topic I debated with myself, and I honestly think that freaks should be allowed the option to display, what god gave them, in any way they like.. WITHOUT some know it all telling them that they are not allowed because it's exploiting themselves...

What do you all think?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should freaks be allowed to work???

It's great see Dizaster that since joining the Baggins Clan you are now making post befitting of your new status.

I think you are right, to deny freaks the right to model is prejudice and is in fact ridiculing them saying they have should have no part in our modern world.

I do think there are other jobs besides just being in a circus though.

Scarecrow perhaps?

I know some are very strong so plough work and carting should be viable options.

Siamese twins would make great telesales operatives, their employees effectively getting two for the price of one.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see Bilbo about to post, so I will try to beat him to it..."They all should immediately join his the clan!"

now let us see if I beat him to the post button.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nope, I lost the race

Well-played Bilbo. you speedy typer.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    I see Bilbo about to post, so I will try to beat him to it..."They all should immediately join his the clan!"

No you did not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Our Baggins clan will embrace anyone... Let them all join, even the crazy looking ones with an ear for a mouth...

Yes I think they could work well it other jobs... Even if looks were an issue, there are plenty of jobs these days where hardly anyone would have to see you... They could design webpages and stuff..... But they never get the opportunity because they are put away to be "hidden", and never get a chance...

But in a way I want to make it a reality and go over to Russia and other countries where Nuke fallout has affected babies etc, and genuinally round up a big bunch of them that want to get out and see the world.. They can return home famous and wealthy.. They can buy luxuries that they won't never been offered before my caravan came into town and adopted them....

It would be the Political Correct people that would try to put me out of business for giving these people an opportunity... People around the world are laughed at to their wits end every day and don't get paid a cent for it...

We could make this a joint venture Biblo... I think you would have a way with the freaks, and you could easily double as the ring master, with a top hat, cane, and a whip as the chained beasts get walked out into the ring circle, to the gasps and shrieks of the shocked crowd...

Then we can go back and spoke pipes with the weirdies and count out all our shares of the money...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster View Post

Our Baggins clan will embrace anyone... Let them all join, even the crazy looking ones with an ear for a mouth...

Yes I think they could work well it other jobs... Even if looks were an issue, there are plenty of jobs these days where hardly anyone would have to see you... They could design webpages and stuff..... But they never get the opportunity because they are put away to be "hidden", and never get a chance...

But in a way I want to make it a reality and go over to Russia and other countries where Nuke fallout has affected babies etc, and genuinally round up a big bunch of them that want to get out and see the world.. They can return home famous and wealthy.. They can buy luxuries that they won't never been offered before my caravan came into town and adopted them....

It would be the Political Correct people that would try to put me out of business for giving these people an opportunity... People around the world are laughed at to their wits end every day and don't get paid a cent for it...

We could make this a joint venture Biblo... I think you would have a way with the freaks, and you could easily double as the ring master, with a top hat, cane, and a whip as the chained beasts get walked out into the ring circle, to the gasps and shrieks of the shocked crowd...

Then we can go back and spoke pipes with the weirdies and count out all our shares of the money...
    It sounds like a great plan Dizaster, and surrounding myself with a carnival of freaks is most definitely appealing. The circus would have to be named the 'Baggins Carnivale of Human Curiosities' and I'd certainly relish the role of ring master.

I've actually spent a lot of time on youtube in times past learning about human freaks, especially from this guy who gave a great series of lectures. Slug Man would definitely be high on my most wanted list. I'd like to fire him out of a cannon.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GOcsU6Uvi8s

By the way here's an excerpt from that Freaks film with the woman/beast in question. She actually looks more femine in reality, and even has what looks like a sister! They've got a certain charm I think.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pQkYGhmdMig

This looks like a fun party, I'd like to hang with this crowd.
    Last edited by Kev; 07-05-2008 at 01:19 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah whadda do you know Slug Man actually was in this film.

Here's the freaky 'man's woman' in action, she's actually quite cute in her own freaky way, the movie gets real weird half way through though

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oPhN47...eature=related

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OMG!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAA DrLemur is the funniest thing EVER!! Is he a serious DR?? holy shit..

Yes, you have to fire slug man out of the cannon that would be amazing...

I'm not sure whether to watch the second "freaks" one though as i'm about to go to bed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive always had quite a controversial stance on this.

If i was told by my pregnant girlfriend that our unborn baby was deformed in some manner i would beg her to have a termination to save us and the poor little fella from a lot of misery and suffering.

I have no problems with the divvys just like i dont have any issue with the gays.

Id happily pay to see a traveling freak show, we get to feel a bit better about ourselves by pointing and stareing and they get paid for it........whats the problem with that??
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is it wrong to feel like i'm going to throw up watching the last clip?? it's nightmare material for me..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is it wrong to feel like i'm going to throw up watching the last clip?? it's nightmare material for me..

theres a group of sisters i definetely wouldnt wanna be fighting over..

http://filmfanatic.org/reviews/wp-co...1/Pinheads.JPG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The human lady was actually pretty hot though... I love the old classic movie ladies... almost hotter than the ladies of today.. Or maybe it's the contrast between the other actors in that film..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The human lady was actually pretty hot though... I love the old classic movie ladies... almost hotter than the ladies of today.. Or maybe it's the contrast between the other actors in that film..

And you just know theres plenty of fluff downstairs to work with!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    Ive always had quite a controversial stance on this.

If i was told by my pregnant girlfriend that our unborn baby was deformed in some manner i would beg her to have a termination to save us and the poor little fella from a lot of misery and suffering.

I have no problems with the divvys just like i dont have any issue with the gays.

Id happily pay to see a traveling freak show, we get to feel a bit better about ourselves by pointing and stareing and they get paid for it........whats the problem with that??
    It is controversial, but I have to say I feel the same way honestly...

This whole thread is making me ill though... I need to find a happy thread..

Thread Information