Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Hatton be an all time great?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Will Hatton be an all time great?

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gudnite vienna View Post

But Miguel Cotto still has a lot left to do in his career where as Hatton doesn't thats the difference.
    you cant really say that tsyu or castllio were shot, because to be frank you just dont know.. Its very unfair to discredit hattons win over tsyu, he was world champion and a p4p fighter, simple as!
    I can say Castillo was shot just look at his last fight prior to the Hatton one and tell me he didn't look like a shot fighter ?? Castillo had no business at Jr Welterweight in the first place and he didn't deserve the win against Ngoudjo, as for Tszyu i told you i didn't want to debate this and you brung it up again when i never mentioend Tszyu i was on about Miguel Cotto. But since you keep brining it up i never said Tszyu was a shot fighter but he was past his best, he was 35 years old, he had injuries prior to the bout, and he only had like 3 fights in 4 years or something similar to that. No doubt it was a good win for Hatton but Tszyu was past his best days and im sorry nothing you can say, can make me think otherwise.
    haha dont take things so personal... the bookies has Tsyu as the favourite in that fight, and as we all know the very rarely get it wrong so dont think he was that faded really..
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But Miguel Cotto still has a lot left to do in his career where as Hatton doesn't thats the difference.
    you cant really say that tsyu or castllio were shot, because to be frank you just dont know.. Its very unfair to discredit hattons win over tsyu, he was world champion and a p4p fighter, simple as!
    I can say Castillo was shot just look at his last fight prior to the Hatton one and tell me he didn't look like a shot fighter ?? Castillo had no business at Jr Welterweight in the first place and he didn't deserve the win against Ngoudjo, as for Tszyu i told you i didn't want to debate this and you brung it up again when i never mentioend Tszyu i was on about Miguel Cotto. But since you keep brining it up i never said Tszyu was a shot fighter but he was past his best, he was 35 years old, he had injuries prior to the bout, and he only had like 3 fights in 4 years or something similar to that. No doubt it was a good win for Hatton but Tszyu wasn't at his best and im sorry nothing you can say, can make me think otherwise.

Im quite sure if you were willing to be this picky you would also have to throw into question a number of world class fighters and previous opposition.

What people never mention with ricky is the way he was knocking out guys who had been the distance with the likes of tszyu/mitchell 2 years before he got the shot at Tszyu

What you never hear is how well fighters like juan urango and collazo have done since being beaten by hatton and how the apparently shot castillo who didnt wanna fight has gone on to fight since then already!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

ICB Guest

I can say Castillo was shot just look at his last fight prior to the Hatton one and tell me he didn't look like a shot fighter ?? Castillo had no business at Jr Welterweight in the first place and he didn't deserve the win against Ngoudjo, as for Tszyu i told you i didn't want to debate this and you brung it up again when i never mentioend Tszyu i was on about Miguel Cotto. But since you keep brining it up i never said Tszyu was a shot fighter but he was past his best, he was 35 years old, he had injuries prior to the bout, and he only had like 3 fights in 4 years or something similar to that. No doubt it was a good win for Hatton but Tszyu was past his best days and im sorry nothing you can say, can make me think otherwise.
    haha dont take things so personal... the bookies has Tsyu as the favourite in that fight, and as we all know the very rarely get it wrong so dont think he was that faded really..
    I haven't taken anything personally i just didn't want to debate this Tszyu situation again, because i have debated it 100's of times. Thats the basis for your argument that the bookie's had Tszyu as the favorite ?? they have been wrong many times, they had Tszyu as the favorite purely because Hatton had never shown the kind of form in previous fights which he did against Tszyu, plus Hatton had never been in with a world class fighter before the Tszyu bout.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

I can say Castillo was shot just look at his last fight prior to the Hatton one and tell me he didn't look like a shot fighter ?? Castillo had no business at Jr Welterweight in the first place and he didn't deserve the win against Ngoudjo, as for Tszyu i told you i didn't want to debate this and you brung it up again when i never mentioend Tszyu i was on about Miguel Cotto. But since you keep brining it up i never said Tszyu was a shot fighter but he was past his best, he was 35 years old, he had injuries prior to the bout, and he only had like 3 fights in 4 years or something similar to that. No doubt it was a good win for Hatton but Tszyu wasn't at his best and im sorry nothing you can say, can make me think otherwise.

Im quite sure if you were willing to be this picky you would also have to throw into question a number of world class fighters and previous opposition.

What people never mention with ricky is the way he was knocking out guys who had been the distance with the likes of tszyu/mitchell 2 years before he got the shot at Tszyu

What you never hear is how well fighters like juan urango and collazo have done since being beaten by hatton and how the apparently shot castillo who didnt wanna fight has gone on to fight since then already!!
    Urango got a robbery decision when he won the title, anyone who watched the fight knew he shouldn't of even had the title he was a paper champion. And all Urango has done since the Hatton fight is beat the goodish Vilches, again what has Collazo done since the Hatton fight ?? he got dominated by Mosley and in his last fight went the distance with a 9-4 fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Urango got a robbery decision when he won the title, anyone who watched the fight knew he shouldn't of even had the title he was a paper champion. And all Urango has done since the Hatton fight is beat the goodish Vilches, again what has Collazo done since the Hatton fight ?? he got dominated by Mosley and in his last fight went the distance with a 9-4 fighter.
    yep but callazo hurt his hand in the mosley fight.... kind ov unfair.
    dont Fuck with the chuck

ICB Guest

Collazo had 1 maybe 2 decent rounds Mosley adjusted and beat down on Collazo and knocked him down end of, there was too much made out of Collazo's injury.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Markusdarkus View Post
    He will go down as one of the best 140lb fighters ever and as one of the nicest guys in boxing.

am i the only one that thinks Hatton would make a good addition to any announce team when he does retire.
    No I agree he's got a great sense of humour and is a great speaker. He wil also be remembered as an all time great and make the hall of fame even if its just taken from the fact that he stopped probably the greatest 140lb fighter of all time in Kostya Tszyu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Markusdarkus View Post
    He will go down as one of the best 140lb fighters ever and as one of the nicest guys in boxing.

am i the only one that thinks Hatton would make a good addition to any announce team when he does retire.
    No I agree he's got a great sense of humour and is a great speaker. He wil also be remembered as an all time great and make the hall of fame even if its just taken from the fact that he stopped probably the greatest 140lb fighter of all time in Kostya Tszyu.
    can imagine ricky turning up for an HBO broadcast with a pint of guiness ready to call a big fight.

Bet it would also be hard for him to go an hour or so without swearing

altogether now....

"THERES ONLY ONE RICKY HATTON
    ONE RICKY HATTON
    WALKING ALONG SINGING A SONG
    WALKING IN A HATTON WONDERLAND"
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lets b honest if hatton beat Pac and Paulie then he has been one the most dominant fighter at 140 ever.. and thats fact.. does that not make you an all time great
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Collazo had 1 maybe 2 decent rounds Mosley adjusted and beat down on Collazo and knocked him down end of, there was too much made out of Collazo's injury.
    Too much made?

He fractured his thumb and tore 3 ligaments in his hand....in the 2nd round.

Up until that stage he was having a lot of success with the straight left. He landed it numerous times. After the point of injury he stopped throwing punches.

It's ok praising Mosley for adjusting but you have to ask yourself, what adjustment did he really have to make after Collazo severley damaged the hand that he was having so much success with.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post

Too much made?

Up until that stage he was having a lot of success with the straight left. He landed it numerous times. After the point of injury he stopped throwing punches.

It's ok praising Mosley for adjusting but you have to ask yourself, what adjustment did he really have to make after Collazo severley damaged the hand that he was having so much success with.
    Mayweather badly broke his hand against Hernandez and still dominated him, its quite common in boxing to have hand injuries. As i said too much was made out of the injury Mosley did adjust and you can clearly see that if you watch the fight closely, and he dominated Collazo because he is the better fighter end of. Its funny how some fans take injuries into account for some fighters and not others, i mean i never here anyone talking about Tony Tucker breaking his right hand after the 4th round against Mike Tyson, but up and until that point he was clearly winning the fight.
    Last edited by ICB; 07-05-2008 at 03:24 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Too much made?

Mayweather badly broke his hand against Hernandez and still dominated him, its quite common in boxing to have hand injuries. As i said too much was made out of the injury Mosley did adjust and you can clearly see that if you watch the fight closely, and he dominated Collazo because he is the better fighter end of. Its funny how some fans take injuries into account for some fighters and not others, i mean i never here anyone talking about Tony Tucker breaking his right hand after the 4th round against Mike Tyson, but up and until that point he was clearly winning the fight.
    Yes but Mayweather is a much better fighter than Hernandez. We both know Mayweather is a very very special fighter.

I don't think Mosley had to adjust to anything. Collazo stopped throwing his left hand. I know too much can be made of injury but if it becomes too painful for a fighter to throw a punch, then the injury is obviously significant enough to offer an explanation as to why the fight was so one-sided.

He deserves another title shot. He's had pretty bad luck at the top level.

ICB Guest

Too much made?

Yes but Mayweather is a much better fighter than Hernandez. We both know Mayweather is a very very special fighter.

I don't think Mosley had to adjust to anything. Collazo stopped throwing his left hand. I know too much can be made of injury but if it becomes too painful for a fighter to throw a punch, then the injury is obviously significant enough to offer an explanation as to why the fight was so one-sided.

He deserves another title shot. He's had pretty bad luck at the top level.
    Luis Collazo vs Andre Berto is the fight i want to see.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vette1 View Post
    Hatton's not even a great fighter much less an ATG. Hattons just a good fighter, and will never be an ATG period. I dont care that he's a likeable guy he's just not good enough to be on the ATG list like Pernell Whittaker, Tommy Hearns, SRL, Duran, Hagler, Bernard Hopkins, AAron Pryor, Alexis Arguello, Azumah Nelson , Finito Lopez. Are you guys starting to understand now. Hattons name and even Floyd Mayweather's name should never be mentioned with the names of the guys i just mentioned period.
    Why shouldn't Mayweather be mentioned with any of those names ?? he is a better fighter than at least 3 names on that list.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by vette1 View Post
    Hatton's not even a great fighter much less an ATG. Hattons just a good fighter, and will never be an ATG period. I dont care that he's a likeable guy he's just not good enough to be on the ATG list like Sugar Ray Robinson, Ali, Joe frazier, Willie Pep, Archie Moore, Rocky Marciano, Pernell Whittaker, Tommy Hearns, SRL, Duran, Hagler, Bernard Hopkins, AAron Pryor, Alexis Arguello, Azumah Nelson , Finito Lopez. Are you guys starting to understand now. Hattons name and even Floyd Mayweather's name should never be mentioned with the names of the guys i just mentioned period.
    I find it rather odd you'd have Hopkins up there but not Mayweather.

Thread Information