Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who is the best british fighter of the last 10 years?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: who is the best british fighter of the last 10 years?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default who is the best british fighter of the last 10 years?

I have put the 3 best british fighters in my opinion of the last 10 years in the poll and made a other category too for those who think that someone else deserves to be regarded as the best british fighter of the last 10 years. If you do choose the other category though please state who as I would be very interested to see who you think!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: who is the best british fighter of the last 10 years?

IMO Calzaghe is the best of those fighters. He has the chin, adaptability, speed, footwork and output. I think Calzaghe has the greater collective sum of his parts as compared with those other fighters.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton.
    Just feel that he's answereed the most questions in his career.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lennox

Ten years gives him the last five of his career.. and he was about as dominant a champion as you can get.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lewis by a mile.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    Hatton.
    I agree. I think that he's beaten better fighters (p4p) than Calzaghe has in Tszyu and Castillo as Hopkins was 43 years old when Joe fought him plus Eubank was over the hill, but you cant take away Kessler excellent fighter in his prime. For me second place has to be lewis he's beaten two ATG's in Evander and Tyson altough neither in their primes it cant be taken away from him plus both times he did get beat he came back and avenged. The only reason I don't rate him top is because of the way he retired after Klitschko instaed of giving him a rematch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    Hatton.
    I agree. I think that he's beaten better fighters (p4p) than Calzaghe has in Tszyu and Castillo as Hopkins was 43 years old when Joe fought him plus Eubank was over the hill, but you cant take away Kessler excellent fighter in his prime. For me second place has to be lewis he's beaten two ATG's in Evander and Tyson altough neither in their primes it cant be taken away from him plus both times he did get beat he came back and avenged. The only reason I don't rate him top is because of the way he retired after Klitschko instaed of giving him a rematch.
    Call it what you want, but have you ever seen lewis look so shit other than the Klitschko fight? He went at the right time buddy. I did feel for Klitschko because he showed heart and was probably able to carry on but the cuts were bordering on permanent deformity lol.
    Last edited by Kel; 07-08-2008 at 09:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If the choices are Lewis, Calzaghe, and Hatton.... then Hatton should not be getting any votes whatsoever in this poll.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    Hatton.
    Call it what you want, but have you ever seen lewis look so shit other than the Klitschko fight? He went at the right time buddy. I did feel for Klitschko because he showed heart and was probably able to carry on but the cuts were bordering on perminent deformity lol.
    Yeah the Bruno fight.

Huge Lennox fan, but all his early career he was comolacenet.
    He admitted that and amended it after the loss to Rahman.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Call it what you want, but have you ever seen lewis look so shit other than the Klitschko fight? He went at the right time buddy. I did feel for Klitschko because he showed heart and was probably able to carry on but the cuts were bordering on perminent deformity lol.
    Yeah the Bruno fight.

Huge Lennox fan, but all his early career he was comolacenet.
    He admitted that and amended it after the loss to Rahman.
    Yeah but he was not shot and gasping for breath after round two, he just had a shit fight. it happens.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton.
    Call it what you want, but have you ever seen lewis look so shit other than the Klitschko fight? He went at the right time buddy. I did feel for Klitschko because he showed heart and was probably able to carry on but the cuts were bordering on permanent deformity lol.
    No agreed he did look poor but didn't he take he Klitschko fight on short notice after training for someone else. I'm not 100% on this but I seem to remember something along those lines. If so that could well have been the problem. Also he looked poor against McCall and Rahman but looked good in both them rematches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jospeh P Calzaghe Mon.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd rate Calzaghe's win over Hopkins a bit better than Hatton's over Castillo.

Hopkins was old but never in wars, and was coming off wins over Tarver and Winky.

Castillo had started to look "past it" (all the weight making bollocks), and fought Hatton coming off a pretty bad (awful considering his prime) showing agianst Ngoudjo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No agreed he did look poor but didn't he take he Klitschko fight on short notice after training for someone else. I'm not 100% on this but I seem to remember something along those lines. If so that could well have been the problem. Also he looked poor against McCall and Rahman but looked good in both them rematches.
    I think Lennox was hard to motivate at times and thats as much his own fault than anyone elses. It was the worst Lennox I ever saw but Vitali was there to fight and if not for the cuts he might just have knocked lennox out......who knows?

I still think Lewis retired at the right time and it was a smart choice, he was no spring chicken.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lewis was meant to fight Kirk Johnson. Vitali was on the undercard.

Thread Information