Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Everything seems indicate that Juanma Lopez will defend his Title in September!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Everything seems indicate that Juanma Lopez will defend his Title in September!!!!!!

Well , Lopez will have to wait until September for make his first World Title defense and then will have an another challenge in December , though there's no rivals yet ..................
    The only fact is that he already returned to the Gym and could have to wait until March 09 for make a Title fight in P.R...................

The Top Rank and HBO have separate dates on September 13 and 27 of this year for events out of P.R..............

The President of Company Promoter P.R. Best Boxing " Ivan Rivera " commented the idea for Juanma is to have 2 more fight in this year , they are waiting the end of the event of Cotto/Margaro and then to begin a negotiation .......................
    Last edited by Macho; 07-16-2008 at 04:35 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Everything seems indicate that Juanma Lopez will defend his Title in September!!!

It's great to see this when a boxer picks up a belt and quickly jumps back into the ring. I t think it's great for JuanMa and I'm sure it'll be in PR.

I'm sure HBO is wetting themselves to get JuanMa on the air again.
    The kid deserves it and I'm sure they'll line him up with Cotto eventually.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Everything seems indicate that Juanma Lopez will defend his Title in September!!!

I noticed Lopez number 1 contender is Sod Looknongyangtoy. His number 2 is Rey Bautista. Both fighters got smoked in one round against Daniel De Leon. Who Lopez smoked in one round himself. I wonder who they have in mind for his next opponent?

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    I noticed Lopez number 1 contender is Sod Looknongyangtoy. His number 2 is Rey Bautista. Both fighters got smoked in one round against Daniel De Leon. Who Lopez smoked in one round himself. I wonder who they have in mind for his next opponent?

He can have Rafa (ranked at no. 3) if he wants but I suggest he takes on no. 8 ranked Bernabe Concepcion, a good solid prospect.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post

He can have Rafa (ranked at no. 3) if he wants but I suggest he takes on no. 8 ranked Bernabe Concepcion, a good solid prospect.
    Marquez would be to much for him right now

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't mind seeing him face Jhonny Gonzalez!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good question VD. Those fighters you mentioned are still very good and I think Lopez should fight them if possible. No more of those veteran experienced fighters. More of the top ten, not necessarily Vazquez/Marquez, for now.

Thread Information