Thread: Dummy Allan Green turns down biggest payday and a fight against Pavlik

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Dummy Allan Green turns down biggest payday and a fight against Pavlik

Once again, Allan Green shows that he has no brains, and is dumb enough to listen to that a$$hole Greg Leon.

First he doesn't show up for that fight on ESPN, and now this.

ESPN - Dan Rafael Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dummy Allan Green turns down biggest payday and a fight against Pavlik

He just wants to make sure he has broken himself of his constant feet-staring before he gets in with Pavlik. Probably a wise idea. And to think Allan was my favorite up and comer a couple of years ago. Why don't they make a Lacy/Green fight?
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dummy Allan Green turns down biggest payday and a fight against Pavlik

The next time someone takes Allan Green seriously...I don't know. But they shouldn't.

Lacy-Green has been on the table several times, and each have turned it down seperately. But as soon as Lacy signs for any fight, that's the only name Manfredo will say.

Green also turned down a fight with Andre Ward earlier this year.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good story.

Although it's probably semi-bullshit and the real mess-up was between Holden and Leon

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Green needs to get back in the ring against anybody!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Green fucked up with the Echolls fight, and he needs to get going if he wants to achieve anything. Infairness he was bad at 160 againnst Miranda, so it could be weight thing in this instance.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

According to recent reports, Pavlik has had about 14 scheduled bouts before the end of they year, it makes me wonder if any of them have any credence.

Green is a pretty good boxer, but man is he dissapointing on the business side
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins played games like this for a long time before he began to make real money. I think Green will find out Hop was the exception.

BTW that ESPN fight was here in Louisiana, and I had tickets!
    (But I'm not bitter or angry)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DAWGSWIN View Post
    Hopkins played games like this for a long time before he began to make real money. I think Green will find out Hop was the exception.

BTW that ESPN fight was here in Louisiana, and I had tickets!
    (But I'm not bitter or angry)

Hopkins is a great talker and great fighter Green is not.

Its crazy Green to be so demanding tbh he has a family he is in his prime he should just care about fighting and making money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alot of fighters would kill for a chance like that...I mean a shot at a middleweight title and all that money...what is Green thinking...probably not much...idiot...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That Leon is a twat though.

Why any boxer would have him as an advisor is beyond me, he is just a boxing fan, nothing more nothing less, he has his favourites just like us.

He isnt a business man, I read this a few days ago and Bob Arum was right about him, what the fuuck does Greg Leon know about the business end of boxing and for that matter, the physical side!!!!!!!!

He is just someone who was lucky enought o create a popular site that people look at with regards to boxing, so a few misguided boxers think that they should listen to him to get on his site so they have a worldwide audience reading about them.

He is the twat that started the rumours about Mike boxing Holyfield again, his relationship with Mike makes me laugh, he thinks the sun shines out Mikes ass and when ever he interviews him for the site its so sycophantic.

Mike had his day and if he wanted to be serious about any sort of fight, I very much doubt greg Leon or boxingtalk would be the first to know

To be honest i dont hink Green is going anywhere so I think he should take it, he will be weight drained but just put up a real good exciting scrap and hope for future "opponent" paydays.

There will be alot of upheaval in the supermiddles when Joe goes, alot o0f decent fights to be made, he could take an interim fight then go for the winner of Taylor Lacy, he would have a good shot there but like that piece said about him he needs mon ey and this is a business.

Let himself get back on track money wise then go for some supermiddle bouts.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    That Leon is a twat though.

Why any boxer would have him as an advisor is beyond me, he is just a boxing fan, nothing more nothing less, he has his favourites just like us.

He isnt a business man, I read this a few days ago and Bob Arum was right about him, what the fuuck does Greg Leon know about the business end of boxing and for that matter, the physical side!!!!!!!!

He is just someone who was lucky enought o create a popular site that people look at with regards to boxing, so a few misguided boxers think that they should listen to him to get on his site so they have a worldwide audience reading about them.

He is the twat that started the rumours about Mike boxing Holyfield again, his relationship with Mike makes me laugh, he thinks the sun shines out Mikes ass and when ever he interviews him for the site its so sycophantic.

Mike had his day and if he wanted to be serious about any sort of fight, I very much doubt greg Leon or boxingtalk would be the first to know

To be honest i dont hink Green is going anywhere so I think he should take it, he will be weight drained but just put up a real good exciting scrap and hope for future "opponent" paydays.

There will be alot of upheaval in the supermiddles when Joe goes, alot o0f decent fights to be made, he could take an interim fight then go for the winner of Taylor Lacy, he would have a good shot there but like that piece said about him he needs mon ey and this is a business.

Let himself get back on track money wise then go for some supermiddle bouts.
    I agree. Fukk Leon. His site is pretty much garbage now a days

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Leon is an a$$hole!!!!

That site sucks so bad right now, half the time it doesn't even come up, and they barely post anything on there anymore. I feel sorry for the dumba$$es who paid for membership, and don't get $hit for their money.

You guys wouldn't believe some of the shady $hit he pulls on that site. Sometimes he poses as the fighter during chats. Sometimes he changes the answers of some boxers interviews. The crap goes on, and on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WHo is leon? and what site?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by barron71 View Post
    WHo is leon? and what site?
    hes an advisor and writer and the site is boxrec.com

Thread Information