Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So will Marquez expose Conamayor?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So will Marquez expose Conamayor?

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Its not a factor of being exposed. But Marquez will win this. He is too sharp right now.

Casa always seems to dig it out when most needed.

will be a good fight, Casa has never been outclassed im honestly going with casa here just because he is the bigger man.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Come on Tam...

Casamayor and the word exposed shouldn't be used in the same sentence.
    I'm not a Casa fan matter a fact I don't think I've ever been in his favor maybe a couple of times early in his career but I became frustrated with him with all his talks about not fighting and blaming everyone but himself.

Anyway my point is even if JMM beats Casa it wont be exposing Casa.
    I mean Casa one of Cubas greatest.

I think if JMM beats Casa it def. put's him on level with MAB & Erik.

Before I used to rate them Erik, MAB & JMM in that order 1, 2 & 3.
    With a win over Casa a case can def. be made that they are all the same or he's #1. With Erik #2 and MAB #3.
    Nah Barreras been around longer and hes beaten undefeated p4p fighters . Erik and Jmm havent

Barrera 1 -
    Erik 2
    JMM 3

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Come on Tam...

I'm not a Casa fan matter a fact I don't think I've ever been in his favor maybe a couple of times early in his career but I became frustrated with him with all his talks about not fighting and blaming everyone but himself.

With a win over Casa a case can def. be made that they are all the same or he's #1. With Erik #2 and MAB #3.
    Nah Barreras been around longer and hes beaten undefeated p4p fighters . Erik and Jmm havent

Barrera 1 -
    Erik 2
    JMM 3
    JMM has virtually beaten Pac twice someone whom MAB lost to.
    JMM has a win over MAB
    If JMM can get a win here I don't see how someone can't possibly consider him better then MAB.
    A great arguement can be made IMO.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on Tam...

Barrera 1 -
    Erik 2
    JMM 3
    JMM has a win over MAB
    If JMM can get a win here I don't see how someone can't possibly consider him better then MAB.
    But history doesnt rate fighters just on the end of their careers . We have to look at the bigger picture. When Barrera was beating guys liek Mckinney in thrillers what were Pac and Marquez doing ?

Anyway Barrera took Eriks zero and Naseems zero . Who has Marquez ever beat apart from an old Barrera and for the record alot of people thought Barrera was robbed included Harold Lederman . Not even close IMO . Marquez has got alot to do b4 he can be considered as great as his Countrymen .

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barrera 1 -
    Erik 2
    JMM 3
    JMM has a win over MAB
    But history doesnt rate fighters just on the end of their careers . We have to look at the bigger picture. When Barrera was beating guys liek Mckinney in thrillers what were Pac and Marquez doing ?

Anyway Barrera took Eriks zero and Naseems zero . Who has Marquez ever beat apart from an old Barrera and for the record alot of people thought Barrera was robbed included Harold Lederman . Not even close IMO . Marquez has got alot to do b4 he can be considered as great as his Countrymen .
    I think JMM has been doing it and is still doing just that...
    A top 5 P4P'der for some time now.

Game, I know your a MAB fan hardcore.... It wasn't until later in MABs career that I started to like him now this doesn't mean I don't know about his skills or what his career is about. MAB was one of those fighters that did a lot of things well. He could change up his style for any fight and adapt to a fighter.

But you can't hack at JMM, I mean aside from his early loss he's possibly unbeaten at World Class level. I just think that for many years JMM has been shafted (me included) and pushed aside JMM in this fight can catapult himself as I said if NOT above them then right next to them.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Marquez to beat Casamayor?

Seriously though I was only having a little joke with VD like he does with our fighters. I fully respect Casa and think hes a great fighter and the fight with Marquez will be outstanding I think. It has great potential to go either way. But I think Marquez' slick counter skills will be a little too much for Casa in this late stage. I do agree that Casa could certainly get a knock down and he can be dangerous at any time in the fight.

My pick is a majority of the rounds going to marquez but a very competative fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on Tam...

Barrera 1 -
    Erik 2
    JMM 3
    JMM has a win over MAB
    JMM-Barrera was highly controversial. Some including myself had Barrera winning. The judges scorecards were bullshit. Barrera scored a clean knockdown and ok he did throw a head shot afterwards but that doesn't mean the KD shouldn't be counted. He should have had a warning maximum.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Expose?!?!!

Ok, let's first give Marquez a big A+ for taking Casamayor - give credit where credit is due...

...but honestly, expose Joe?! ... I think it'll be the other way around. Look at all Marquez fights, he has difficulty with fellow counterpuncher and a 'boxer' type fighters - I've seen him fighting a couple counterpunchers with nothing much happening for 12 rounds. He's not good at chasing fighters, he's good a waiting for 'em. Casa being a pure 'boxer' type fighter with a legit lightweight power, and a pretty big one at that, IMO will spell trouble for Marquez...

All right, I know the same 'ol folks will say the same ol' predictable thing like, 'it's cause you're a pac-fool' and indeed I'm proud to say I am, but that ain't no reason I'm saying this. I've never being a biased fool like 'you know who' guys who always attack us in the same predicatable way day in and day out. I said pac lost to marquez in the first fight... but never the second one (just look at my good friend Icecold, a Marquez fan - if he score the 11th round correctly, he'd come with a draw in his scorecard, the round me and Taeth have been telling him to re-watch and re-score but which he never did, I guess). And again, so the same ol' predictable guys won't accuse me again in a same ol' predictable way, I will boldly say this: I'll put Marquez P4P #1 if he convincingly beat Casamayor! I hope the guys I'm refering to, and you know who, could be man enough some day to admit what's real and what's purely their fanboy fantasy...

I'll have to agree with Violent D on this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    That's pretty much it. As much as I would love to continue to use Calcrappy. I can't. It's not possible. He's beaten some fighters. Con and Fraud ain't done shit. While Casamayor has done a lot in his career. He's a borderline HOF. A win over Marquez will get him in.

Keep trying Tam.

Have more confidence, my man, it ain't like your usual you.
    Last edited by pacfan; 07-18-2008 at 08:56 PM.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a stupid thread Casamayor is one of the finest super featherweights + lightweights of the modern era i think he beat Corrales 3 times and i think he deserved the decision against Castillo i did have him just losing Freitas fight but his only convincing loss was to Cruz and that was due to ring rust plus his age plus he is probably one of the most skilled fighters in the world at the moment this is totally disrespectful to a great fighter like Casamayor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    One of the truly if not underrated, than under appreciated Fighters in the modern Era ....Marquez! He will have to be the aggressor here though.Both are tattered and hitting that other side off very top notch careers.Not comfortable with the extra weight & battle damage but I'm picking Marquez none the less True winner take all (Career) match.

I totally agree with every word on this one. Great post!!

Thread Information