Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: who is best?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is the better fighter Vitali or Wlad?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who is the better fighter Vitali or Wlad?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post
    You'll see him when he gets here... Wlad will walk through the door... Look about four feet below Wlad's head and you'll find Lyle swinging from his nuts...
    ...I'm not sure if you realized this but I'm coming to Boston soon

Wlad's gonna carry you all the way here?
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

El Kabong Guest

Pride.... we used to get along...I would HATE to have to go kick your ass while I'm in Boston. I'll be on vacation so I want to relax but if you want to schedule an asswhuppin then I guess I can free up some time.

And I know a guy with as much hair gel as you and a manicured beard like you have isn't calling ANYONE else gay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pride.... we used to get along...I would HATE to have to go kick your ass while I'm in Boston. I'll be on vacation so I want to relax but if you want to schedule an asswhuppin then I guess I can free up some time.

And I know a guy with as much hair gel as you and a manicured beard like you have isn't calling ANYONE else gay.
    Well, as far as scheduling an ass kicking?... Im good... Thanks for the offer but I can't take Wlad on...

I grew up in Rhode Island(Federal Hill)... Everyone talks with a New york accent, has orange tans and blowout haircuts... I'm glad I got out before being assimilated. So the hair gel is a remnant of that...

But seriously... You can't hate on me for setting the standard for awesomeness since 1982
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Well if you're not going to allow me to kick some sense into you then I guess I'll just go to the SAWX games and drink my beer and get freaky with all the women who talk like Lois from Family Guy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wen are you coming...?
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

August 13th-17th I believe

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who held the most belts? Who's beaten better competition? Who has won more fights? Who has KO'd the most guys?

Wladimir!
    Belts don't mean what they used to anymore. Vitali beat everyone who got put in front of him with the exception of Byrd and Lewis and in both of them it was injuries that cost him the fight and not neccesarily the opponent. Vitali whupped Sanders after he destroyed Wlad. Vitali has a better KO percentage. If they fought each other Vitali would KO Wlad but it would never happen for obvious reasons.

Please Lyle think about it long and hard and ask yourself honestly who would win if they could fight each other in their primes. For me it has to be Vitali just for his ability to take a shot and his more fiery nature!

El Kabong Guest

No one wants to give Wlad any credit at all and it's not comparing them in a head to head fight the question simply states "who is better" and whatver you think of Wlad he has some longevity in his career that Vitali doesn't and he has started to unify titles which Vitali couldn't do because of his injuries.

Vitali sure could take punches....Wladimir doesn't have to take punishment to dish it out they fight in different styles which suit what they wanted to accomplish as fighters and make them comfortable in the ring. You can't ask Wlad to be more like Vitali just like you can't ask Vitali to be more like Wlad.

And Vitali doesn't get much respect either, people are only looking at him now in a longing fashion and wishing he'd come back but he dominated people in much the same way Wladimir did in a methodical measured way and when he got someone hurt he put them away. Vitali got ripped when he fought Sanders and Williams....people b.i.t.c.h.e.d about him like they do Wlad and if Vitali comes back they'll complain again, just wait and see

Either way Wlad has the longevity but he has a stigma attached to him so if he continues his winning streak and retires undefeated he's not going to be considered better than anyone just because people like to b.i.t.c.h about him. He knocks guys out and fights the guys that are infront of him and that's all that matters

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No one wants to give Wlad any credit at all and it's not comparing them in a head to head fight the question simply states "who is better" and whatver you think of Wlad he has some longevity in his career that Vitali doesn't and he has started to unify titles which Vitali couldn't do because of his injuries.

Vitali sure could take punches....Wladimir doesn't have to take punishment to dish it out they fight in different styles which suit what they wanted to accomplish as fighters and make them comfortable in the ring. You can't ask Wlad to be more like Vitali just like you can't ask Vitali to be more like Wlad.

And Vitali doesn't get much respect either, people are only looking at him now in a longing fashion and wishing he'd come back but he dominated people in much the same way Wladimir did in a methodical measured way and when he got someone hurt he put them away. Vitali got ripped when he fought Sanders and Williams....people b.i.t.c.h.e.d about him like they do Wlad and if Vitali comes back they'll complain again, just wait and see

Either way Wlad has the longevity but he has a stigma attached to him so if he continues his winning streak and retires undefeated he's not going to be considered better than anyone just because people like to b.i.t.c.h about him. He knocks guys out and fights the guys that are infront of him and that's all that matters
    Right I'll tell you again I respect Wlad always have done. But to me who is better means who would beat who when it is put like this. Its like saying that Norton was better than Foreman because he had better text book boxing skills, when we know what happened when they really did fight.

At the end of the day the chin (which I believe is the defining factor here) is part of being a boxer right? Just in the way ring smarts and punching power is (which Wlad MAY have over Vitali).

Vitali did get ripped but it was nothing like Wlad gets now. Thats because he was a lot more exciting to watch than Wlad because he simply had more confidence in his chin.

I will always fight Wlads corner but this is just one fight that I don't believe he could win. Anyway I believe that Vitali and Peter have got a date sorted so that should give us some indication of what he has left, and if he is still the man that retired a few years ago then I think he will destroy Peter and I definitley don't see him decking Vitali 3 times like he did Wlad.

El Kabong Guest

I doubt Sam Peter troubles Wladimir if they have a rematch which IF Sam Peter is to get past Vitali they most certainly will. I think Wladimir is confident in his offense and confident in what to do if he's in trouble that he's going to start letting his hands go more.

Wlad has fought 2 southpaws in a row...that's a tough order for anyone. I don't think there is a major title holder in any weight class that has done that recently.

Wlad KO's Ray Austin in 2 and gets shit talked about him.....Wlad KO's Tony Thompson who had never been down much less KO'd and gets shit talked about him....it's ridiculous.

I respect your view but I say Wlad is the better boxer as he has been at his highest level for a longer period of time than Vitali.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    Vitali for me, not by a long way but he is the better fighter of the two.

Anyone else ever hope one would shag the others wife or something and fight because of it? Maybe it's just me
    That would be a great soap opera for a WWE match

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We basing this on prime-times? Wlad now, Vitali before?

If so, Vitali takes the win pretty easy.

You look at Wlad and he is this ripped, muscular beast.
    You look at Vitali and he isn't as defined as Wlad, nor does he seem to have the muscle mass of the two.

First impressions, Wlad looks the dominant one.

If you watching the fights though, Vitali is the winner. He had much more power in his prime then Wlad does. I was amazed at how he dropped Danny Williams with that tiny jab/uppercut...if you can even call it that...
    Wlad has power of course. He hits guys and you see they wonder what just happened but not as devastating as Vitali's power.

Also, the chin and defence. Vitali took some wicked hits. Lewis uppercut that would of dropped anyone else and some good blows from Sanders. Yet he stayed put and kept fighting on...
    He also could dodge well. That lean-in, lean-back style he does is very effective for him.

Wlad doesn't seem to be able to defend as well and as we've seen, he can't take hits like his brother can.

Vitali is surely the better of the two prime speaking.
    Though Wlad should never be underestimated.

To add... I put 7-10 more victories on Wlad's career...and he goes down as one of the, if not THE, best HW fighter in history.
    Last edited by Team_Klitschko; 07-25-2008 at 05:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with both of them taking the crap all the time. Doesn't matter what they have done recently...doesn't matter how impressive they have been...a group of biased-jealous-individuals have talked complete crap about them, accussed them of taking drugs, say their victory is short-lived, etc. Vitali gets blasted because he called of a few fights due to injury. Wlad gets knocked out 3 times and he got blasted. They get blasted because their styles aren't 'entertaining'.

It's all biased. They are two of the best fighters, and gentlemen, to ever grace this sport. It doesn't matter, as Lyle said, they do what they have to do and at the end of the day...they are champion.

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I doubt Sam Peter troubles Wladimir if they have a rematch which IF Sam Peter is to get past Vitali they most certainly will. I think Wladimir is confident in his offense and confident in what to do if he's in trouble that he's going to start letting his hands go more.

Wlad has fought 2 southpaws in a row...that's a tough order for anyone. I don't think there is a major title holder in any weight class that has done that recently.

Wlad KO's Ray Austin in 2 and gets shit talked about him.....Wlad KO's Tony Thompson who had never been down much less KO'd and gets shit talked about him....it's ridiculous.

I respect your view but I say Wlad is the better boxer as he has been at his highest level for a longer period of time than Vitali.
    Lyle i do agree Wlad is the better technical boxer , but with his weakness to punch resistance , and Vitali's strong chin i think , Vitali is the better all round fighter , and would do better againest other champions of the past.
    I dont slag Wlad off , i actually find him good to watch , like my Hero Tommy Hearns , Wlad has big power and a vulnarability about him .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who held the most belts? Who's beaten better competition? Who has won more fights? Who has KO'd the most guys?

Wladimir!
    Wladmir have a longre and progressing career, of course he has more fights than his injury prone brother.
    This is relative to the number of knockout victories.

As for competition, Wladmir has never fought anyone near the calibre of Lennox Lewis, Vitali fiought a hard fight with Lennox.

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    I find it odd that two brothers can move so differently. Vitali is much more loose, naturally displaying more athleticism and perhaps ability.
    Wlad has worked hard, but remains robotic and there are flaws in his movement.
    I think the opposite is true, Vitali is robotic and Wlad the fluid boxer.
    I felt Vitalis movement was far more calcualted and precise.

Wlad often seems out of position for anything but the jab, he prevents his own potential offence.

Thread Information