Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: who is best?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who is the better fighter Vitali or Wlad?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who is the better fighter Vitali or Wlad?

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Klitschko View Post
    We basing this on prime-times? Wlad now, Vitali before?

If so, Vitali takes the win pretty easy.

You look at Wlad and he is this ripped, muscular beast.
    You look at Vitali and he isn't as defined as Wlad, nor does he seem to have the muscle mass of the two.

First impressions, Wlad looks the dominant one.

If you watching the fights though, Vitali is the winner. He had much more power in his prime then Wlad does. I was amazed at how he dropped Danny Williams with that tiny jab/uppercut...if you can even call it that...
    Wlad has power of course. He hits guys and you see they wonder what just happened but not as devastating as Vitali's power.

Also, the chin and defence. Vitali took some wicked hits. Lewis uppercut that would of dropped anyone else and some good blows from Sanders. Yet he stayed put and kept fighting on...
    He also could dodge well. That lean-in, lean-back style he does is very effective for him.

Wlad doesn't seem to be able to defend as well and as we've seen, he can't take hits like his brother can.

Vitali is surely the better of the two prime speaking.
    Though Wlad should never be underestimated.

To add... I put 7-10 more victories on Wlad's career...and he goes down as one of the, if not THE, best HW fighter in history.
    The best heavy in history? Are you joking? You have to face great opposition for that to happen. Wlad has been beaten by bums (although I think he would beat them all back) Sanders, Brewster and Purrity. Look at Ali for example in his younger days before he was too old he got beat off Frazier who is a legend and also Norton a very good fighter at least. Could you really imagine them who beat Wlad doing Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Holmes, Louis, Marciano, Dempsey, Holyfield, Lewis, Tyson, Liston or any of the other great heavys throughout history because I couldn't.

El Kabong Guest

Notice I didn't post that....I think Wlad has the time and MAYBE the opponents to become "Great" but I haven't said he could become "The Greatest of All-Time" which of course is Joe Louis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    I doubt Sam Peter troubles Wladimir if they have a rematch which IF Sam Peter is to get past Vitali they most certainly will. I think Wladimir is confident in his offense and confident in what to do if he's in trouble that he's going to start letting his hands go more.

Wlad has fought 2 southpaws in a row...that's a tough order for anyone. I don't think there is a major title holder in any weight class that has done that recently.

Wlad KO's Ray Austin in 2 and gets shit talked about him.....Wlad KO's Tony Thompson who had never been down much less KO'd and gets shit talked about him....it's ridiculous.

I respect your view but I say Wlad is the better boxer as he has been at his highest level for a longer period of time than Vitali.
    Lyle i do agree Wlad is the better technical boxer , but with his weakness to punch resistance , and Vitali's strong chin i think , Vitali is the better all round fighter , and would do better againest other champions of the past.
    I dont slag Wlad off , i actually find him good to watch , like my Hero Tommy Hearns , Wlad has big power and a vulnarability about him .
    It seems like a lot of people are making their decisions based on chins. That has nothing to do with who the better fighter is. If it does then ask yourselves a simple question: who's the better fighter, James Toney or Roy Jones? Both great fighters, but Toney definitely has the better chin. I'd say the majority of us would say Jones is the better fighter, though. Sure Wlad got kayoed early in his career and then taken out by Sanders, but Brewster beat him because he just had nothing left in the tank. I never saw the Purrity fight but Sanders just had a bazooka for a straight left that would have leveled just about every heavy who got hit with it. Klitschko's problem at that time was his defense, not his chin. And what has Klitschko done since his last loss? Improved. His defense is better, his pace more measured- you can see him in there thinking instead of simply trying to blast away opponents (which would probably work with 99% of them). He could have pulled the trigger on Calvin Brock 1-2 rounds earlier than he did, he could have taken out Austin in a single round, he could have put Chris Byrd away sooner considering Byrd played right into his fight. It wasn't lack of ability that made these kayoes come later, Klitschko was playing chess master and once all the pieces were in the right order he moved in for a checkmate.
    Oops

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Notice I didn't post that....I think Wlad has the time and MAYBE the opponents to become "Great" but I haven't said he could become "The Greatest of All-Time" which of course is Joe Louis
    Now that Lyle I can cope with. I don't agree for me he's second but thats an opinion I can take.

Thread Information