Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs who everyone else fought

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Rudduck had plenty of potential but yeah he fought sloppy....Frank Bruno still doesn't really impress me, I mean who did he ever beat?
    He did lack the big wins but his losses except for Bonecrusher Smith were to some of the best Heavyweights take Tim Witherspoon for example was the 3rd best Heavyweight of the 80s behind Mike Tyson and Larry Holmes and always showed a solid chin. I don't have to tell you about Lennox Lewis and Mike Tyson because you already know but i think Frank Bruno was a good fighter who was just unlucky that the fighters he was up against were all bad style match ups for him because all those fighters all had pretty solid chins and were able to weather his storm i can see Wladimir Klitschko having serious issues with Bruno's jab lets remember how Bruno totally out jabbed Lewis who had one of the best jabs of all time and Wladimir has never fought anyone with a solid jab like Bruno's plus i can see that right hand landing at some point or another and despite what you think Frank Bruno did always have good chin it was just he lacked survival instinct i think Wladimir would be too cautious against Bruno and Bruno would put Wladimir on the back foot with his solid left jab then boom right hand over the top and its lights out for Wladimir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just want people's opinions on who Wlad would beat or would be beaten by out of the guys Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield, etc fought to earn their greatness for example:

Donovan Rudduck
    Tommy Morrison
    Frank Bruno
    Mitch Green
    James Tillis
    James Smith
    David Tua
    Shannon Briggs
    Tony Tucker
    Hasim Rahman
    Michael Moorer
    Andrew Golota
    Michael Dokes
    Pinklon Thomas
    Michael Spinks
    Renoldo Snipes
    Tim Witherspoon
    Trevor Berbick

I'm just curious to what everyone thinks

I think Spinks, Tua, Ruddock, Morrison had a shot a Wlad even the Mercer that Lewis fought or the Holmes Tyson boxed had it in them it would depend on a few things.

Wlad has been knocked out cold that gives fighters a boost so Wlad would not have the fear factor of a Tyson or Lewis. And remember those guys are better than anyone Wlad has been near and would not fear him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ssss View Post
    I know they are both big punchers but they had trouble with the top level fighters. I would compare Rudduck to Sam Peter and Bruno to Hasim Rahman....Bruno got beat by the likes of Witherspoon and Smith and Rudduck never really had a close fight with any prime top tier fighter the closest he got was going the distance with Tyson.
    The thing is Frank Bruno lost to Bonecrusher Smith and Tim Witherspoon because they were able to wishstand Frank Bruno's power in the first 6 rounds because they were always durable which Wladimir isn't. And Frank Bruno lost in the later rounds down to confidence problems and stamina issues due too much muscle mass plus i can't see Wladimir surviving that long against Frank Bruno and plus Wladimir does have few stamina issues himself. I can see your argument regarding Razor Ruddock because he was sloppy at that times but funny enough i've seen few sparring clips of Razor Ruddock where he showed good skills and used his jab to good effect its quite strange he never showed those skills when he actually got down to fighting and just realied on his half left uppercut/half left hook the "smash"

Bruno finest hr was the Lewis fight and it was Micky Vanns lowest ebb. Great ref today but goes to show its not only Cortez and Nady that can favour a boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Markusdarkus View Post
    I know they are both big punchers but they had trouble with the top level fighters. I would compare Rudduck to Sam Peter and Bruno to Hasim Rahman....Bruno got beat by the likes of Witherspoon and Smith and Rudduck never really had a close fight with any prime top tier fighter the closest he got was going the distance with Tyson.
    The thing is Frank Bruno lost to Bonecrusher Smith and Tim Witherspoon because they were able to wishstand Frank Bruno's power in the first 6 rounds because they were always durable which Wladimir isn't. And Frank Bruno lost in the later rounds down to confidence problems and stamina issues due too much muscle mass plus i can't see Wladimir surviving that long against Frank Bruno and plus Wladimir does have few stamina issues himself. I can see your argument regarding Razor Ruddock because he was sloppy at that times but funny enough i've seen few sparring clips of Razor Ruddock where he showed good skills and used his jab to good effect its quite strange he never showed those skills when he actually got down to fighting and just realied on his half left uppercut/half left hook the "smash"

Bruno finest hr was the Lewis fight and it was Micky Vanns lowest ebb. Great ref today but goes to show its not only Cortez and Nady that can favour a boxer.
    He certainly did give Frank Bruno every chance of surviving i remember he warned Lennox Lewis for holding his glove on Bruno's face while he set up the vicious uppercut.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that Wladmir does fine against that list, but I don'tthink he's the type of fighter that could have fought five of them in a row and come out with 5 wins.

I think David Tua at his best would beat Wladmir.
    I think Wlad would beat Frank Bruno soundly.

A name that was omitted was Riddick Bowe, I think he certainly would have beaten Wlad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wladimer beats the below fighters because they are either mediocre or do not have enough pop on their punches to hurt Wlad

Mitch Green
    James Tillis
    James Smith
    Tony Tucker
    Michael Moorer-Moores glass chin would crack
    Andrew Golota
    Michael Dokes
    Pinklon Thomas
    Michael Spinks- best of the bunch, but too small.
    Renoldo Snipes
    Tim Witherspoon
    Trevor Berbick
    Tommy Morrison-Tommy's glass chin would break before Wlad's

The following fights could go either way, do to Wlad's inabilty to take a clean punch:

Hasim Rahman
    Shannon Briggs
    David Tua
    Frank Bruno
    Donovan Rudduck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad loses to Morrison, Witherspoon and Ruddock IMO...these were the ones that would force Klitscko's pace which is something that Wlad does not react well to...A prime Tua would be interesting as he might be able to break Wlad down if he could get to him also a prime Dokes...If Wlad can dictate the pace and fight at his range he is deadly but pressure and high activity seems to be his undoing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Promoter View Post
    Wlad loses to Morrison, Witherspoon and Ruddock IMO...these were the ones that would force Klitscko's pace which is something that Wlad does not react well to...A prime Tua would be interesting as he might be able to break Wlad down if he could get to him also a prime Dokes...If Wlad can dictate the pace and fight at his range he is deadly but pressure and high activity seems to be his undoing...
    I thought about the David Tua fight then i remembered how cautious Lennox Lewis was against Tua and how 1 dimentional Tua looked and how easily Lennox Lewis out boxed Tua just something to consider.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know about Tyson....he did fight Spinks who was a great fighter but only at lightheavyweight.

So the guys you have beating Wlad are: Rudduck, Morrison, Tua, Smith, Witherspoon, and Moorer.

I see Wlad only having trouble with a prime Shannon Briggs because he was big he could take a punch and was active in the ring.
    If you are talking on their best form, I'm actually not sure Wlad would beat any of those guys cept for perhaps Smith, Rudduck or Moorer could be pick ems. No way Wlad would beat a prime Tua or even Morrison though imo, he just cant handle that can't of firepower, he's to rigid and limited. Honestly you overrate him so much it's hilarious. You actually think he would have beaten the Tim Witherspoon that fought LArry Holmes?? Your kidding me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Promoter View Post
    I thought about the David Tua fight then i remembered how cautious Lennox Lewis was against Tua and how 1 dimentional Tua looked and how easily Lennox Lewis out boxed Tua just something to consider.
    I agree LL made Tua look foolish and David decided to stop fighting and just turtle up...The Tua that fought LL was not the same constant pressure fighter that fought under Lou Duva's watch it was the "one punch" version that the Goosen's created...terrible. The Tua that I was thinking of was the one that fought Ike, Rahman (1), Maskaev, Izon, Ruiz, etc...the "Terminator" version

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    If you are talking on their best form, I'm actually not sure Wlad would beat any of those guys cept for perhaps Smith, Rudduck or Moorer could be pick ems. No way Wlad would beat a prime Tua or even Morrison though imo, he just cant handle that can't of firepower, he's to rigid and limited. Honestly you overrate him so much it's hilarious. You actually think he would have beaten the Tim Witherspoon that fought LArry Holmes?? Your kidding me.
    Those guys that I mentioned are not considered GREAT fighters and the reason being is that they weren't consistent and could lose at any time.

Tim Witherspoon was 15-0-0 when he squared off vs Holmes. Wlad has something Larry never did and that's punching power! Larry had a record of 42 (28 KO's)-0-0 when he fought Witherspoon. Tim never really fought vs the big time power punchers of his era....I guess Dokes counts but even then it's not on par with what Wlad brings.

David Tua's worst enemy is a jab and movement and Wlad would make him look silly.

Tommy Morrison could be outboxed and out gunned and his stamina was also in question.

I don't think it's overrating Wlad to think that he could beat those fighters, I also want to say those type of guys are kind of what the division has right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Those guys that I mentioned are not considered GREAT fighters and the reason being is that they weren't consistent and could lose at any time.

Tim Witherspoon was 15-0-0 when he squared off vs Holmes. Wlad has something Larry never did and that's punching power! Larry had a record of 42 (28 KO's)-0-0 when he fought Witherspoon. Tim never really fought vs the big time power punchers of his era....I guess Dokes counts but even then it's not on par with what Wlad brings.

David Tua's worst enemy is a jab and movement and Wlad would make him look silly.

Tommy Morrison could be outboxed and out gunned and his stamina was also in question.

I don't think it's overrating Wlad to think that he could beat those fighters, I also want to say those type of guys are kind of what the division has right now.
    Morrison's stamina was at least as good a Wlad's and his pace would have given Wlad fits.....Wlad has terrible movement or at least can't fight for long moving so trying to say that Wlad could expose Tua like LL did is just silly...Wlad would clearly win early then by the 6 or 7th round when he was exhausted and fighting flat footed he'd be wacked out by Tua...

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Morrisons best delivered on the spot Left hook could have badly hurt ANY heavyweight in history Imo but his stamina was at times horrid and emphasized an already thin chin when it wanned. He would have to leap in and assert himself big & early to get to Wlad but I think Wlad could frustrate him quite a bit and often.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just want people's opinions on who Wlad would beat or would be beaten by out of the guys Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield, etc fought to earn their greatness for example:

Donovan Rudduck
    Tommy Morrison
    Frank Bruno
    Mitch Green
    James Tillis
    James Smith
    David Tua
    Shannon Briggs
    Tony Tucker
    Hasim Rahman
    Michael Moorer
    Andrew Golota
    Michael Dokes
    Pinklon Thomas
    Michael Spinks
    Renoldo Snipes
    Tim Witherspoon
    Trevor Berbick

Well I'm sure it goes without saying that you think Wlad would beat all of them. lol.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

Donovan Rudduck
    Tommy Morrison
    Frank Bruno
    Mitch Green
    James Tillis
    James Smith
    David Tua
    Shannon Briggs
    Tony Tucker
    Hasim Rahman
    Michael Moorer
    Andrew Golota
    Michael Dokes
    Pinklon Thomas
    Michael Spinks
    Renoldo Snipes
    Tim Witherspoon
    Trevor Berbick

Well I'm sure it goes without saying that you think Wlad would beat all of them. lol.
    Lyle thinks he would beat this list:

Dempsey,
    Louis,
    Marciano,
    Liston,
    Ali,
    Frazier,
    Foreman,
    Norton,
    Holmes,
    Tyson,
    Holyfield,
    Lewis.

Sorry Lyle but you do overrate him. I think you want him to be better than he is for the sake of boxing. Well I think he'll get beat off Haye if they fight. He's too slow and despite having decent boxing skills eventually any class operator will test his chin and it will fail.

Thread Information