Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wladimir Klitschko vs who everyone else fought

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs who everyone else fought

I didn't put those fighters up there because right now he doesn't deserve to be mentioned with those guys.

Is that overrating him? Is it honestly overrating him by saying he'd beat these guys who were just contenders?

Well you think Haye is going to win and he hasn't even fought a live body at heavyweight....so who's overrating who?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    If you are talking on their best form, I'm actually not sure Wlad would beat any of those guys cept for perhaps Smith, Rudduck or Moorer could be pick ems. No way Wlad would beat a prime Tua or even Morrison though imo, he just cant handle that can't of firepower, he's to rigid and limited. Honestly you overrate him so much it's hilarious. You actually think he would have beaten the Tim Witherspoon that fought LArry Holmes?? Your kidding me.
    Those guys that I mentioned are not considered GREAT fighters and the reason being is that they weren't consistent and could lose at any time.

Tim Witherspoon was 15-0-0 when he squared off vs Holmes. Wlad has something Larry never did and that's punching power! Larry had a record of 42 (28 KO's)-0-0 when he fought Witherspoon. Tim never really fought vs the big time power punchers of his era....I guess Dokes counts but even then it's not on par with what Wlad brings.

David Tua's worst enemy is a jab and movement and Wlad would make him look silly.

Tommy Morrison could be outboxed and out gunned and his stamina was also in question.

I don't think it's overrating Wlad to think that he could beat those fighters, I also want to say those type of guys are kind of what the division has right now.
    I disagree Larry Holmes during his championship reign had 14 stoppage wins out of his 20 title defenses and had 7 straight stoppage wins which is the record tied with Joe Louis i don't know why you think Larry Holmes had no punching power but its wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just want people's opinions on who Wlad would beat or would be beaten by out of the guys Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield, etc fought to earn their greatness for example:

Donovan Rudduck-Win
    Tommy Morrison-Win
    Frank Bruno-win
    Mitch Green-win
    James Tillis-win
    James Smith-win
    David Tua-if he dosen't get caught late win
    Shannon Briggs-win
    Tony Tucker-win
    Hasim Rahman-win
    Michael Moorer-win
    Andrew Golota-same way Lennox did
    Michael Dokes-tough fight but win
    Pinklon Thomas-win
    Michael Spinks-KO in 3
    Renoldo Snipes-win
    Tim Witherspoon-another tough fight Wlad though
    Trevor Berbick-Ko in 5

I'm just curious to what everyone thinks
    Everyone here he'd beat

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't put those fighters up there because right now he doesn't deserve to be mentioned with those guys.

Is that overrating him? Is it honestly overrating him by saying he'd beat these guys who were just contenders?

Well you think Haye is going to win and he hasn't even fought a live body at heavyweight....so who's overrating who?
    I know I'm jumping the gun but I always expected Evander to unify the heavyweight division when he moved up too and he did!

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ssss View Post
    I disagree Larry Holmes during his championship reign had 14 stoppage wins out of his 20 title defenses and had 7 straight stoppage wins which is the record tied with Joe Louis i don't know why you think Larry Holmes had no punching power but its wrong.
    The streak Holmes went on:
    Alfredo Evangilista - later KO'd by a 7-2-1 LEON SPINKS

Osi Ocasio - KO'd 5 times in his career vs pretty good fighters or late in his career BUT had only 13 fights when he fought Holmes

Mike Weaver -18 losses.....12 losses by KO

Lorenzo Zannon - 6 losses 5 losses by KO

Earnie Shavers - Big time power puncher BUT got KO'd 7 times in his career and not to huge punchers or even good fighters sometimes.

Leroy Jones - oddly enough Holmes was the only guy to beat this dude and the only other fighter I recognized on his resume was the aforementioned Mike Weaver whom he decisioned. Other than that he fought "knock off"brand fighters like HARRY Terrell and LARRY Frazier...I don't know if those guys are related to Earnie Terrell or Joe Frazier but I don't think they were claimed by the family after they lost to Leroy.

Scott Ledoux - Scotty got KO'd 7 times in his career as well.

Joe Louis KO'd 7 guys in a row as champion, THREE TIMES during his reign as champion. That my friend is a power puncher!

Larry Holmes as a heavyweight had SOME power but to be a power puncher at heavyweight roughtly every guy you fight has to be KO'd and Larry didn't do that...Larry was a BOXER he boxed and he was damned good at it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Osi Ocasio - KO'd 5 times in his career vs pretty good fighters or late in his career BUT had only 13 fights when he fought Holmes

Earnie Shavers - Big time power puncher BUT got KO'd 7 times in his career and not to huge punchers or even good fighters sometimes.

Leroy Jones - oddly enough Holmes was the only guy to beat this dude and the only other fighter I recognized on his resume was the aforementioned Mike Weaver whom he decisioned. Other than that he fought "knock off"brand fighters like HARRY Terrell and LARRY Frazier...I don't know if those guys are related to Earnie Terrell or Joe Frazier but I don't think they were claimed by the family after they lost to Leroy.

Joe Louis KO'd 7 guys in a row as champion, THREE TIMES during his reign as champion. That my friend is a power puncher!

Larry Holmes as a heavyweight had SOME power but to be a power puncher at heavyweight roughtly every guy you fight has to be KO'd and Larry didn't do that...Larry was a BOXER he boxed and he was damned good at it
    Agreed. Larry had some power but his greatest weapon was probably the greatest Jab in history not a sickening power punch.

El Kabong Guest

Agreed, rep to you sir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never said Larry Holmes was a puncher i just thought you was underrating his power he could turn a fight around with one punch as he did against Mike Weaver when he was in bad shape one uppercut basically changed the whole fight around and that one punch won the fight for Larry Holmes.

El Kabong Guest

I just said Larry wasn't a power puncher....sure he could KO guys and changes fights with one punch but can't EVERY fighter over 200 pounds do that?

Larry Holmes was a great boxer and it was because of his skill with the sweet science and not his power. Great jab great boxing ability he learned from the best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know they are both big punchers but they had trouble with the top level fighters. I would compare Rudduck to Sam Peter and Bruno to Hasim Rahman....Bruno got beat by the likes of Witherspoon and Smith and Rudduck never really had a close fight with any prime top tier fighter the closest he got was going the distance with Tyson.
    Bruno was miles ahead of Hasim Rahman. Smith and Witherspoon were both very good fighters. In his prime, Witherspoon would stand a very good chance against Wlad. He'd be a better bet than Ruddock or Bruno. Rahman's biggest moment was a lucky punch.

Still, I think Bruno loses to Wlad.

Thread Information