Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How does one prepare for THE fight?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How does one prepare for THE fight?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post
    I'll be pacing all day and probably using Saddo's to keep me in one place as much as possible.

Getting some chain mail gloves tonight so I don't eat my nails tomorrow. Will be wound tighter than a coiled snake about to strike and will drive my girlfriend absolutely crazy tomorrow.

A friend is coming in from Michigan tomorrow with his wife, so we'll be yelling at each other{he's a cotto fan} and I'll have to kick him out of my house or lock him up in my snake room till he realizes his error. It's going to get ugly in my house tomorrow and I'll lose 10 pounds by the time it's over. I have slept fitfully the last couple of days and I won't sleep at all tonight; so I hope this is a good fight and worth the declining health I'm facing

Wargarito!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WARGARITO....??... .......Absolutely, with out a doubt!!!....Good one Oh and he will chief.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like to keep myself busy and not think about the fight that's at hand so that the day flys by.
    So here it is...
    Gotta get up early and work out Sat. morning for about 1 hr, then I gotta clean my house. Hit the store to buy some appetizers and liquor for my guests, hit the shower and get ready.

By this time it's only 10:00 am and I still have about 8 hrs. to go crazy..

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's late on the night before the fight. I should be asleep, but I'm too hyped. I figure I'll go to sleep pretty soon, but I had to get my saddo-fix first. I just saw "Countdown" again. Great show... two great champions. Good job by HBO on this one. I've seen some "countdowns" to fights that probably shouldn't have had them (networks tendency to overdo a good thing)... but this one was right on. Just saw Cotto-Mosley again, too.

Well... about this time tomorrow night I should be hoarse and completely worn out. And I'm not even fighting!

El Kabong Guest

Cotto-Mosley and Margarito-Cintron.....those fights really set this fight up nicely but can be decieving. #1 Cintron has no heart, he's a quitter and Cotto isn't #2 Mosley isn't a big guy like Toni #3 Cotto doesn't really land the cross as much as the hook and his punches are short and sharp and Cintron's punches were long and deliberate and sometimes fighters take those better #4 Mosley has never been KO'd so the fact that Cotto didn't KO him but DEFINENTLY hurt him is telling.

I am hyped about the fight...I have my Coors and I'm going to cook some but I won't start out too early so I can remember the fight

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I get anxious before big fights. Its the anticipation and the fact that you really dont know who will win. Its morning or early afternoon when fights are shown here so I dont need to endure the long wait until evening like so many do. But the days before the fight I do get edgy. But generally I can just wake up, have some breakfast and Im ready to watch!!

I like both of these fighters but you've got to pick one. Got to be Cotto by decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Few beers and a take away!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Start drinking about 8pm...Takeaway about 9pm (UK time). Blow job around 10pm, take a shit about half 10 then watch a movie at 12am before the fight. LOL!

Thread Information