Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I get mad at some of my fellow PR boxing fans.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I get mad at some of my fellow PR boxing fans.

Last night... even my own brother-in-law. "Cotto didn't fight the right fight.... he should've gone to the body more (agreed).... he would've won if he'd done this... he would've won if he'd done that... blah, blah, blah.

Sometimes we're too harsh on our own fighters. I thought Cotto did a remarkable job of moving, boxing, counterpunching Margarito, at least in the first 6-7 rounds. But Tony's chin... it's unbreakable. I've never seen anything like it. Sure... Cotto could've gone more to the body. But it's not like Margarito was going to stay still and not fire some lethal uppercuts while Cotto was concentrating on the body. Cotto needed to go to the head as well.

Hey... we lost. What can you say? Here in Puerto Rico we say "you gotta bring both bags... one for the win, and one for the loss." This time we took the loss. But it was a memorable fight, and nothing to be ashamed of. Cotto is still a Puerto Rican boxing hero.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: I get mad at some of my fellow PR boxing fans.

I think Cotto's stock went up in that fight as it showed his chin, boxing ability, and stamina for a guy who everyone thinks of is a plodding one trick pony.

He fought his heart out and has nothing to be ashamed of there wasn't much more he could do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto is a great boxer/puncher and im sure anyone else he would have beat on that form just he got tired and discouraged when his shots bounced off.

I thought he was on the verge of quitting after rd7 but he fought his heart out despite his lack of chin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this happens..

Hatton got lynched over here for not moving enough against PBF and while the hardcore fan realises his only real chance was by standing and trading and turning the boxing contest into a fight the mutual spectator will always find fault in a losing performance.

I personally think cotto showed more heart than he ever did against zab early on or the 1st 4-5 rounds with torres.

There is no shame on collapsing onto 1 knee and admitting to yourself, your family and your millions of fans that you simply have nothing left to offer.

Cotto-margarito II is hopefully a formality and cotto becoming the hunter as opposed to the prey may just work in his favour
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    this happens..

Hatton got lynched over here for not moving enough against PBF and while the hardcore fan realises his only real chance was by standing and trading and turning the boxing contest into a fight the mutual spectator will always find fault in a losing performance.

I personally think cotto showed more heart than he ever did against zab early on or the 1st 4-5 rounds with torres.

There is no shame on collapsing onto 1 knee and admitting to yourself, your family and your millions of fans that you simply have nothing left to offer.

Cotto-margarito II is hopefully a formality and cotto becoming the hunter as opposed to the prey may just work in his favour

Cotto wont fight Margarito anytime soon it would be career suicide to lose to him twice.

Clottey or Cintron would probably be on Cottos hit list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Markusdarkus View Post
    this happens..

Cotto wont fight Margarito anytime soon it would be career suicide to lose to him twice.

before last night cotto was considered by many the greatest p4p fighter in boxing at the moment and before the 11th i like many scored the fight dead even if not slightly in favour for cotto.

Why on earth at this stage of his career would he jump back 3steps and fight someone we all know he`ll have no trouble beating when it is quite feasible to believe cotto would win any rematch with margarito.

I think paul williams may just have a say over whether miguel gets this rematch, but im quite sure if you asked cotto tonight what he wants next he`ll tell you vengeance and his titles back from marg!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this happens..

before last night cotto was considered by many the greatest p4p fighter in boxing at the moment and before the 11th i like many scored the fight dead even if not slightly in favour for cotto.

Why on earth at this stage of his career would he jump back 3steps and fight someone we all know he`ll have no trouble beating when it is quite feasible to believe cotto would win any rematch with margarito.

I think paul williams may just have a say over whether miguel gets this rematch, but im quite sure if you asked cotto tonight what he wants next he`ll tell you vengeance and his titles back from marg!!

Cotto was broke mentally by the 7th round and yes they are not big names but Clottey gave Marg a hell of a fight and Cintron is PR its easily marketable. After all he cant fight Tony every fight and if he did i think he would lose everytime next time im willing to bet even quicker.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this happens..

Totally disagree. Was it career suicide for Taylor losing to Pavlik twice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this happens..

I would like to see Cotto get his confidence back before he gets back in with Tony.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    I think Cotto's stock went up in that fight as it showed his chin, boxing ability, and stamina for a guy who everyone thinks of is a plodding one trick pony.

He fought his heart out and has nothing to be ashamed of there wasn't much more he could do
    Great post.

This fight was won by Margarito's mutant chin.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good post bro, I know us Mexicans would have done or said the same if Margo lost.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone who criticizes Cotto's performance should get in the ring with Margarito and do better. I have nothing but the greatest respect for two warriors like these guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Re: I get mad at some of my fellow PR boxing fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Puya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post

Great post.

This fight was won by Margarito's mutant chin.
    I agree with you entirely. Margarito's chin is what broke Cotto. Someone who usually makes fighters crumble with whatever he throws, and Margarito not only took his best shots, but he kept comin forward relentlessly. I hadnt seen anything like that in far too long and i admire his resolve to get the job done at any cost.
    This Is The Life I Chose...

Addicted to_boxing Guest

this happens..

Cintron has been blasted twice by Marg and the second earlier this year so what are you smoking? Clottey looks like the guy providing he gets by Zab. Please do not try selling me a ZAb vs Margarito fight. This cat Zab has how many lives?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post

Cintron has been blasted twice by Marg and the second earlier this year so what are you smoking? Clottey looks like the guy providing he gets by Zab. Please do not try selling me a ZAb vs Margarito fight. This cat Zab has how many lives?
    word up man im from nyc and Zab always seems to find his way to a championship card. Clottey should be a likely opponent for Margarito, simply cuz anyone who saw their first fight knows that clottey was givin margarito real problems until he broke his hand and couldnt throw the left hook anymore. plus clottey defensively reminds me of winky. it was like marg was punching a brick wall.
    This Is The Life I Chose...

Thread Information