Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Arum on rematch

Article Here

I think this would be a horrible idea for Cotto right away. If Margarito destroyed Cotto again back-to-back, that could be the end for Miguel.
    Last edited by the wiz; 07-28-2008 at 03:10 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Arum on rematch

..yeah i'd hate to see him get the cintron syndrome.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    Not ot be argumentative, but I honestly couldn't ever see Cotto get that; Cintron is a quitter. I didn't see Cotto sit down and start . I know that's rather cruel and belittling, but I can't stand Kermit and Cotto took much more punishment and gave everything he had.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post
    Not ot be argumentative, but I honestly couldn't ever see Cotto get that; Cintron is a quitter. I didn't see Cotto sit down and start . I know that's rather cruel and belittling, but I can't stand Kermit and Cotto took much more punishment and gave everything he had.

Regardless, bad idea for Cotto right now to even look at the fight tapes. He needs to fight a couple smaller guys follwed by Cintron or Williams and then maybe revisit this idea.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the wiz View Post
    Article Here

I think this would be a horrible idea for Cotto right away. If Margarito destroyed Cotto again back-to-back, that could be the end for Miguel.
    Hey Wiz , i couldnt open your Article , but if this is regard of rematch between Cotto/Margaro i dont think this rematch could happen right now , i did read that Arum commented that he rather first that Cotto get a good rest and then planning a fight between the winner of Judah/Clotey , then talk about a rematch with Margaro if he prefer..................

Pardon me if this Article doesnt talk about of this...........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Macho View Post
    Article Here

Hey Wiz , i couldnt open your Article , but if this is regard of rematch between Cotto/Margaro i dont think this rematch could happen right now , i did read that Arum commented that he rather first that Cotto get a good rest and then planning a fight between the winner of Judah/Clotey , then talk about a rematch with Margaro if he prefer..................

Macho, that's what it talked about. I have it working now. I would like to see Cotto take some time off, maybe not even fight for the rest of the year. Then comeback with a tune up, then see where he's at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OnixAA View Post

Regardless, bad idea for Cotto right now to even look at the fight tapes. He needs to fight a couple smaller guys follwed by Cintron or Williams and then maybe revisit this idea.
    I'd actually likt to see a Cintron/Cotto fight, a good fight to get back on his feet. A little P.R. showdown type fight. I don't want to see Cotto in with WIlliams right now. Another big guy who;s even made Margarito look small, haha. Cintron, Berto, Clottey/Judah winner; one of them to fight.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Macho View Post
    Article Here

Macho, that's what it talked about. I have it working now. I would like to see Cotto take some time off, maybe not even fight for the rest of the year. Then comeback with a tune up, then see where he's at.
    Yeah Wiz i agree , in some way is better to see how he could recuperate of this lost , not everybody recuperate at the same way , so is better see what will going happen , good point Wiz..............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its hard to rematch a guy that stole your soul Miguel Cotto should avoid Antonio Margarito for awhile and take on Kermit Cintron Puerto Rico vs Puerto Rico should be a good match up but i see Miguel Cotto making Kermit Cintron quit but it wouldn't surprise me if Miguel Cotto was knocked down early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he should get right back in there. The fight wasn't a domination by Margarito. The only soul stealing is knowing you can't hurt the other guy, and honestly I think that's what lost the fight for Cotto. He wanted to end it by ko so he stayed in and tried for the ko on countering. He only missed the finish line by 4 minutes. He can watch the tape and make a few adjustments and still win. The question is will Cotto be willing to try to win without ko'ing his opponent. If he goes for that strategy Margarito is very beatable, trying to ko him though is doubtful......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by luvfightgame View Post
    I think he should get right back in there. The fight wasn't a domination by Margarito. The only soul stealing is knowing you can't hurt the other guy, and honestly I think that's what lost the fight for Cotto. He wanted to end it by ko so he stayed in and tried for the ko on countering. He only missed the finish line by 4 minutes. He can watch the tape and make a few adjustments and still win. The question is will Cotto be willing to try to win without ko'ing his opponent. If he goes for that strategy Margarito is very beatable, trying to ko him though is doubtful......
    4 minutes can be like a lifetime in boxing you should know better.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Cotto should take some well-deserved (and needed) time off to heal his wounds. If he then wants a rematch with Margarito, I say go for it... but not right away. He needs another fight in between.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OnixAA View Post

I'd actually likt to see a Cintron/Cotto fight, a good fight to get back on his feet. A little P.R. showdown type fight. I don't want to see Cotto in with WIlliams right now. Another big guy who;s even made Margarito look small, haha. Cintron, Berto, Clottey/Judah winner; one of them to fight.

I think Juddah is the best option for him if Juddah can win the title, if Juddah does not theres really no point in it.

Cotto needs to avoid at all costs anyone who is a bigger puncher or taller man, namely: Cintron, Williams, and Berto.

He needs a smaller more defensive guy get a couple of those under his belt and then maybe start with Cintron as he would be the easiest and most marketable of those three fights

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Berto even thinks it's open season on Cotto after seeing him lose to Margarito, he's making a BIG mistake. Cotto would have Berto for lunch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    If Berto even thinks it's open season on Cotto after seeing him lose to Margarito, he's making a BIG mistake. Cotto would have Berto for lunch.

I dont think it would ever be open seaon on Miguel Cotto, but I do think he needs to get his confidence back, the last thing you want is for him to go in against a big puncher like BErto and get gun shy.

Thread Information