Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gamo's feedback on Cotto v Tony. Please post, I want to see your thoughts.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Gamo's feedback on Cotto v Tony. Please post, I want to see your thoughts.

Yeah,I know,I know,I was missing the biggest fight ever for me. I got married,that's why and I still amde time to see it.

All I can say is that I feel FULLY vindicated. I defended Tony time after time. I've seen peopple call him a bum,crap,etc etc. Now all of a sudden,everyone sees what I have seen from the beginning.: a warrior with never say die attiutude. NOW everyone sees why that ussy mAYWEATHER, Zab and now the phony Oscar ducked Tony and heck yeah they ducked him.

All props to Cotto, he is still my 3nd fave fighter but I told you all Tony's time would come and it's here. Where are those assees gone that used to call Tony a bum,overrated, a coward etc etc? Them fools know who they are.

As for my boys,you owe me reps:M,ick,Titofan,Puya etc etc! Get your asses here so I can catch those reps hehehe. I agree a Williams fight should be made but I also want to see Tony stop Oscar(and yes,I've been saying that since the beginning,Tony would stop Oscar late at this stage of hs career) and Shane would get wrecked by TOny too(and yes I said that before too).

I never said Tony was the best but I always maintained he would give ANYONE at 147 a tough fight and I was right. 2-3 years later,it feels DAM GOOD! As for Cotto, he's still better than anyone else at 147 and maybe a year from now,they can hook up again and give us ANOTHER BRUTAL FIGHT!!! I was atually sad seeing Cotto like that,he looked like one of his opponents. Anynway,please post your thoughts,especially you main guys,I want to hear from you all and have not got time to read all these threads as yet!

WAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR TOOTOTOTNTOYNORNRORORORORORWNTIRJTTOOOOOONNNYYYYYY YYYYYY!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gamo's feedback on Cotto v Tony. Please post, I want to see your thoughts.

I think Cotto fought his best fight he cannot take centre ring and he cannot force Tony back that would mean engaging more and tbh Cotto doesnt take a punch well enough to last.

The fight changed in round 6 for me i think Cotto was feeling the pace and Tonys early body work so elected to trade more and he got hit. And when he came out for the 8th i myself and i think he knew it was over he looked shocked.

Cotto fought a great fight and is better p4p that Margarito i just think Tony has a real bad style for Cotto and will now destroy him in a rematch. Cotto knows he cant hurt him knows Marg wont get tired and knows he himself cannot absorb a lot of punnishment.

Great fight great display by both unfortunatly i dont think we will ever see a rematch.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gamo's feedback on Cotto v Tony. Please post, I want to see your thoughts.

Great fight.

Huge respect to Tony for fighting like a galdiator.
    Huge respect to Tony's fans for sticking by him.
    Huge respect to Miguel Cotto for fighting a great fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You got married? Well done mate. No-more accidental harry monk in the boxers then

You have always been the biggest Margarito lover on here. Good for you.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Gamo , you were right man , Congratulation ...........was a tremendous 11 rounds fight , i agree with you they can give us another brutal fight in the future....................

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo View Post
    Yeah,I know,I know,I was missing the biggest fight ever for me. I got married,that's why and I still amde time to see it.

All I can say is that I feel FULLY vindicated. I defended Tony time after time. I've seen peopple call him a bum,crap,etc etc. Now all of a sudden,everyone sees what I have seen from the beginning.: a warrior with never say die attiutude. NOW everyone sees why that ussy mAYWEATHER, Zab and now the phony Oscar ducked Tony and heck yeah they ducked him.

All props to Cotto, he is still my 3nd fave fighter but I told you all Tony's time would come and it's here. Where are those assees gone that used to call Tony a bum,overrated, a coward etc etc? Them fools know who they are.

As for my boys,you owe me reps:M,ick,Titofan,Puya etc etc! Get your asses here so I can catch those reps hehehe. I agree a Williams fight should be made but I also want to see Tony stop Oscar(and yes,I've been saying that since the beginning,Tony would stop Oscar late at this stage of hs career) and Shane would get wrecked by TOny too(and yes I said that before too).

I never said Tony was the best but I always maintained he would give ANYONE at 147 a tough fight and I was right. 2-3 years later,it feels DAM GOOD! As for Cotto, he's still better than anyone else at 147 and maybe a year from now,they can hook up again and give us ANOTHER BRUTAL FIGHT!!! I was atually sad seeing Cotto like that,he looked like one of his opponents. Anynway,please post your thoughts,especially you main guys,I want to hear from you all and have not got time to read all these threads as yet!

WAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR TOOTOTOTNTOYNORNRORORORORORWNTIRJTTOOOOOONNNYYYYYY YYYYYY!!
    Typical fanboy talk

Haha congratulations on getting married. And on being right about Tony. He was very good.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow, congrats on getting married! I loved the fight and felt bad for Cotto at the end. Both guys should get all the respect they deserve - that's what boxing is all about!

I disagree with a lot of people here that say Cotto has no chance in a rematch. I think he showed that he can outbox Margarito - the problem is doing it for 12 rounds while dealing with Margarito's aggression. I still say Cotto can possibly win a rematch, but Tony is always a nightmare fight for him. He'd have to fight a near-perfect fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tony wouldnt live with Mayweather.

We all saw how easy it was for Cotto to outbox Margarito. He just couldnt last the pace.

Floyd eats these people for breakfast.

Floyd could go 20 rounds running off from tony and tagging him.

And I hate Floyd.

Truth is, he would win by a wide UD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah good fight and you must be over joyed your boy won

Sorry to hear about the wedding m8 . . . . . condolences

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gamo, do you mean Tony Clifton?

As for my thoughts, I think I'll head to Burger King for a Whopper Wednesday lunch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've already posted my thoughts on Margarito's performance.

With regards to Cotto, I honestly feel he had a fantastic game plan. Where he faltered, at the same time NO fault of his own was his conditioning.

What I mean by that is Cotto knew he would be able to outbox Margarito. That was a given. What definetely threw him off and what Cotto did not anticipate (nor did I, or anyone else for that matter) was the fact that he was UNABLE to hurt Margarito. I beleive his strategy was that eventually he WOULD be able to slow Margarito down and would not have to maintain the pace of running and shooting for a full 12 rounds instead of just the first 6-8 rounds which was expected.

I honestly beleive Cotto will win a rematch. Cotto came into the fought thinking he would be able to hurt if not, at the very least SLOW Margarito down. Now that he's fully aware that Margariot CANNOT be hurt, I'm quite confident Cotto will go into the fight with the mentally that he MUST be prepared to RUN and SHOOT for the entire 12 rounds. He must build his endurance to the point where he could up the pace for a full 12 rounds. There is no question Cotto is the better boxer as the first 6 rounds of the fight were just amazing.

Come rematch time, I think Cotto will have the edge now that he knows what he knows.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I knew he'd put Cotto's chin up for a serious inspection. I just knew it.

Gamo, you must feel like the King of the world! 2-3 years ago?!!! Jeezuss, thats a log time to hype a guy.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Congrats on getting hitched, been with my girl since we were 15 years old (yea long time) and there's not a sporting event in the world i'd pick over her anyhow enough of that. Both guys gave a great perfomance,i'd probably even tip them if i thought the evil dish empire woud give it to them, and if i thought either guy would even notice an extra 50 cents or so....
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welcome back Gamo. There is a thread in here where many of us were getting worried about you.

Many said they think you got hitched up with a girl, in a way they were right!hehe

Congrats man.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss After 3 Fooking Years,tony Did It.the Hype,the Debates,marg Is The Man! All I Can Say Is I Told You Guys!where Are Those Fools Calling Tony A Bum Now?you Guys Don't Know Hoe Great This Feels,after 3 Years Of Hyping Ths Guy,and Listeining To Peeps Diss Him!"he's Done It!!!ksjgkljsfkglsf;ljg

Thread Information