Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heres your Zen training for the year.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Heres your Zen training for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    You ever think of moving? sounds like a tough area mate.
    Im lucky I can go out an leave the door wide open and its about a 95 to 5 risk in favor of me comming home to everything ok.
    I feel for you ,thats added pressure you dont need in life.
    Thanks for the concern. I have kinda gotten used to it so I don't consider it as too much problem or pressure. It's not only nightwatch I do at night, I also bring some of the works I miss during the daytime sleep with me so as to make the best of my time, as well as meditating, and browsing the net and posting whenever I have time to spare. Pretty busy night.

There's a reason for everything and the robbery I told you of had some to it too. We were treading on a dangerous path and the robbery sort of cut that off and perhaps saved us. It's a long story so I won't go into that but all was not lost in that seemingly unfortunate incidence, something was regained. So I have a very mixed feeling about the incident; I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be angry and sad about it or to be thankful. Not only that, it was also a lesson for me to be a bit more careful. I have to say I had been a bit careless then...
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andre, I'll post some zen questions here. This is more easy then the last time, I can just borrow some stuffs from the net and share it here. You don't have to reply to every one of these though...

The Monk Mayo asked this question of the Sixth patriarch: "What is Zen?" the Patriarch replied that, "when your mind is not dwelling on the dualism of good and evil, what is your original face before you were born?"

Hmmm, that's a tough one. Actually, I've got no idea.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan View Post
    Andre, I'll post some zen questions here. This is more easy then the last time, I can just borrow some stuffs from the net and share it here. You don't have to reply to every one of these though...

The Monk Mayo asked this question of the Sixth patriarch: "What is Zen?" the Patriarch replied that, "when your mind is not dwelling on the dualism of good and evil, what is your original face before you were born?"

Not sure either mate ! about the face or whats ment by that ; but originally like the Sun, at one completly within the All.
    The choice made by us to come here tells a story of both all of us and the divine force or God within.

Discontent at knowing without experiencing .
    Thus we chose to go down in frequency so at to experience ourselves in the material dimensions.

I would have thought the answer to "what is Zen"? would be, Allowance of all things?
    FOr him to answer a question with a question is a nice way of saying you have chosen a journey and yet you want to know how it ends! it is the road that you need to look upon now, not the end. So he asked about the begining so that the journey becomes the realization.
    Last edited by Andre; 08-12-2008 at 09:15 AM.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

contentment
    Hidden Content Boot Hill, Where the Real Fights Are Fought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If your opponent is arrogant,encourage his arrogance-
    The Art Of War

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure either mate ! about the face or whats ment by that ; but originally like the Sun, at one completly within the All.
    The choice made by us to come here tells a story of both all of us and the divine force or God within.

Discontent at knowing without experiencing .
    Thus we chose to go down in frequency so at to experience ourselves in the material dimensions.

I would have thought the answer to "what is Zen"? would be, Allowance of all things?
    FOr him to answer a question with a question is a nice way of saying you have chosen a journey and yet you want to know how it ends! it is the road that you need to look upon now, not the end. So he asked about the begining so that the journey becomes the realization.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

contentment
    Hmmm, let me think about it. But wait, we are not supposed to think in Zen, we are supposed to be inspired...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    The Art Of War
    Which means, 'to let him fall on his own folly,' the same principle used in Japanese martial art of Aikido.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Art Of War
    Which means, 'to let him fall on his own folly,' the same principle used in Japanese martial art of Aikido.
    Or even real Kung Fu which is mainly redirection of motion in the blocks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Art Of War
    Exactly, that is why true oriental martial arts are defensive in nature. The opponent is at the weakest when he attacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly, that is why true oriental martial arts are defensive in nature. The opponent is at the weakest when he attacks.
    When he was doing well,this is what I had Andrew doing in the Dumas fight,unfortunatly he didnt stay with the game plan I wrote for him.
    The game plan was when Dumas rushed him,to either pop the jab in to his nose(he did break it) or step to the side and hook him,letting Dumas's momentum help the damage.
    It worked when he followed it,but when he panicked and reverted.....................

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When he was doing well,this is what I had Andrew doing in the Dumas fight,unfortunatly he didnt stay with the game plan I wrote for him.
    The game plan was when Dumas rushed him,to either pop the jab in to his nose(he did break it) or step to the side and hook him,letting Dumas's momentum help the damage.
    It worked when he followed it,but when he panicked and reverted.....................
    You mean you train these pros, that's cool. I don't watch much of these martial arts stuffs but I know what you mean. It's really difficult to keep your focus because in actual combat, psychological aspects come in to play almost as much as the physical ones. Your boy needs some mental training to build up his focus and confidence. I see lots of these boys who're really good during training but becoming tentative on the ring, but who can blame them, right? What's most important is to keep your feet firmly on the ground and the when the opportunity arises, attack with full force - no in-betweens - and getting back into firm ground as quickly as possible for the next counter-attack.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I not sure if its from the art of war ?
    But I read one that stated A small country can overtake a large country by declaring war then surrendering... True when you look at Japans fall then her rise and the USA's cost of rebuliding her and now her leading world market.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can only give something up to the extent that you own it.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But I read one that stated A small country can overtake a large country by declaring war then surrendering... True when you look at Japans fall then her rise and the USA's cost of rebuliding her and now her leading world market.
    No, that's from pacfan's art of 'letting it be and letting go.' When the Japanese tried hard they failed, but when they let go (surrendered), they succeeded, simple as that.

You can only give something up to the extent that you own it.
    Funny but that's particularly true for those people, counsellors or advisors giving advices on various media. If you look at some of their lives, they're probably no different from most people, with their shares of same, worldly problems which they can't handle, but which they try to solve for others. Strange but true, it's always easier to solve other's problem than your own, if you get my drift...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cant find my copy of The Art Of War at the moment to confirm(I read alot) but I do remember reading that in there
    Though another quote I love from it
    "Winning a battle is not a success,it is a failure at negotiation"

Thread Information