Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lou DiBella , interested in face Cintron with Cotto in November!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lou DiBella , interested in face Cintron with Cotto in November!!!!!!

DiBella commented: " I would like to discuss the possibility of this fight and if Cotto wants , i just have to call Bob Arum "......................

Yesterday the Promoter Lou DiBella who signed to Kermit Cintron and said to a Journal on Internet , that the ideal combat for his new represented would be the one who was desthroned too , the Ex-Champion Miguel Cotto...............................
    " Both was desthroned in brutal combats by the Mexican A.Margarito " commented DiBella..................

This Scenary looks like the indicate for who wins have the opportunity for a shot to the World Title and recuperate what both lost............commented DiBella

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lou DiBella , interested in face Cintron with Cotto in November!!!!!!

I was hoping this fight would get made. It will be a good comeback fight for Cotto and he will take Cintron to school.

I do however think there is a chance that Kermit could put the lights out on Cotto, and if that should happen are we going to see Margarito/Cintron III? Seems kind of redundant to put Kermit in with a guy who made him quit the 1st time, and ktfo Kermit in the rematch. I don't even honestly want to see that again and I doubt Cintron wants back in with Tony.

Of course that's assuming Cotto loses to Kermit and Tony doesn't get beat in the meantime. Still, Cotto/Cintron is an exciting fight and I hope they make it happen. I'd also like to see Cintron/Berto.
    Last edited by LEGION; 08-09-2008 at 03:08 PM. Reason: meant to say Cotto loses, not wins
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lou DiBella , interested in face Cintron with Cotto in November!!!!!!

Not bad at all, good comeback fight for Cotto against a tall power puncher. Cintron kinda simulates Margarito in a more subtle way. Go Cotto!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto and Arum will not take this fight in a trillion years.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto should fight Berto and then .... someone other than Margerito.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Cotto should fight Berto and then .... someone other than Margerito.
    I agree Master , but i would like to see him more with Clotey.......
    It would be more interesting IMO.................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm glad someone picked Cintron up after the Duva camp dumped him. He is a better fighter than many here give him credit for. Margarito is just his Achilles Heel, which is no disgrace.

He can still do something in the sport if he can get his confidence back. There are a few other welterweights I would like to see him get in the ring with.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a bad fight for Cotto, Cintron is better than most give him credit for, The guy can fight, He just had problems Iron Chinned Margarito, Cotto needs to stay right on him. Cotto should take a few easy fights first.

Don't be surprised if Cotto gets knocked out. But we still don't know how Cintron is mentally after the lost and the same goes for Cotto.

I'm picking Cintron by 3 rd Ko
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy View Post
    This is a bad fight for Cotto, Cintron is better than most give him credit for, The guy can fight, He just had problems Iron Chinned Margarito, Cotto needs to stay right on him. Cotto should take a few easy fights first.

Don't be surprised if Cotto gets knocked out. But we still don't know how Cintron is mentally after the lost and the same goes for Cotto.

I'm picking Cintron by 3 rd Ko
    Wow!! 3rd rd. ko. I kind of see Cotto doing to Cintron what he was doing to Tony up until the fight ended; just hitting Kermit from all angles.

Kermit doesn't have the same "I'll take a beating just to smother you" mentality as Tony, and quite frankly I see Cintron getting frustrated as much with Cotto as he did the 1st time he fought Tony in 05'. I think Cintron is a really good fighter, but I don't think he can take what he dishes out.

With that said, and like some mentioned, Cotto's mental state and how he comes into his next fight will be something to worry about after his fight with Tony. I think he'll come back stronger, and see him dominating Cintron, though cintron does have that great eraser in his right hand.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto is easy to be hit, Cintron likes to do that step back then right hand and I see Cotto walking into it, But if Cotto can keep up a good defense an attack the body who knows what could happen
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cintron is a very dangerous opponent for Cotto right now. Cotto will need a tuneup fight or two to be ready and have his confidence back.

Cintron is very dangerous for almost all welters IMO if he comes out fighting hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy View Post
    Cotto is easy to be hit, Cintron likes to do that step back then right hand and I see Cotto walking into it, But if Cotto can keep up a good defense an attack the body who knows what could happen
    Hey CountryBoy i could agree with you on how the fight could goes on and that Cotto sometimes is vulnerable to takes some uppercut , but isn't like is too easy to hit him , probably Cintron could hit , but he will pay more for it , be sure of that..................

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto. Via a beatdown.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well the people Cintron hit other than Margarito take a nap, I'm not saying Cotto is a junk fighter, Hell I could not stand the guy before the Margarito fight but he showed me a lot in that fight..

No way this is an easy fight for either, But I just think Cintron knows he can hurt Cotto. Therefore he will lay it out on the line.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that Cotto before the Margarito fight would have schooled Cintron but now he may be a bit psycologically damaged. I hope not but it does happen (look at Naz) and the last person you need to be in with when you have a few mental issues is arguably p4p the hardest puncher in boxing today.

I think that Cotto would be better building a bit of confidence back against a no namer and then going for Cintron and then providing he comes through that going for a rematch with Tony who I think he could beat back.

Thread Information