Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Fight Science!!!!

Hi there folks!I love the inside view of Fight Science as well as other Sport Science too.I've read a few books on the subject in me local library and i've picked up a lot of information.I came accross these videos a few months ago that i find interesting and enjoyable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGODdQABEsY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfnGkV6qmTw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fight Science!!!!

Nce 1 ill give these a go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually this makes me nervous!

I have a small build and it really doesn't take much to make my head bob all over the place in sparring!

I never really equated movement of the head with damage though - I guess I kinda thought if you move because you're small you're just not absorbing as much power because you don't have the same inertia as a heavier person would - maybe that only works if you move with your whole body rather than just your head though!

Does this mean the old fashioned neck strengthening exercises really are pretty important?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting about how a concussion happens, but I wouldn't use that guy as a role model for punching technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharla View Post

I have a small build and it really doesn't take much to make my head bob all over the place in sparring!

I never really equated movement of the head with damage though - I guess I kinda thought if you move because you're small you're just not absorbing as much power because you don't have the same inertia as a heavier person would - maybe that only works if you move with your whole body rather than just your head though!

Does this mean the old fashioned neck strengthening exercises really are pretty important?
    It's not important, but it definately helps having a stronger neck. I think what's more important is seeing the punches coming, and never taking a punch flush if at all.

A lot of times having your hands up (on your cheeks or higher) makes you prone to getting hit, part of which is not seeing the punches coming.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nagel View Post
    Interesting about how a concussion happens, but I wouldn't use that guy as a role model for punching technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharla View Post

It's not important, but it definately helps having a stronger neck. I think what's more important is seeing the punches coming, and never taking a punch flush if at all.

A lot of times having your hands up (on your cheeks or higher) makes you prone to getting hit, part of which is not seeing the punches coming.
    Yes of course no one ever plans to get hit in the first place and good technique will go a long way towards preventing that but it will never completely eliminate it - especially when you're competing or learning or ever really!

I guess I was trying to get more to what the safety issues especially in small clubs where you might have people of different sizes etc sparring each other and just the general safety issues.

Thread Information