Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Morales/Barerra

Erik Morales has announced he would ideally like to fight 4 tune-up fights to get back in shape then fight any of the lightweight champs.

Also in the same article, Barerra would also like to do the same.

Can they still do it?!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Morales/Barerra

Quote Originally Posted by caleoh12 View Post
    Erik Morales has announced he would ideally like to fight 4 tune-up fights to get back in shape then fight any of the lightweight champs.

Can they still do it?!

In a word NO!

I remember reading at artical in The Ring in which Barerra said he wanted to be out of boxing by the time he is 30.

Why cant boxers learn for the mistakes of others from the past.
    Balls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No way!!

They both had amazing careers, they should sit back together and watch their trilogy, pipe in mouth and say to themselves "look what we did, we gave the world one of the best fights ever"

They both have sod all to prove so it must be a cash thing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

morales as sad as it is to say it is badly shot, david diaz should have spelt the end really, i can see him being able to beat any of the current 135 champs and hell only harm his legacy

barrera is a little better off i think although he has never fought at 135 before ( i think, i could be wrong), his best chance would be against someone like casa if he beats marquez,

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would hate to see the greatest trilogy in boxing history, IMO, be tarnished by a 4th fight. What made their fights so incredible was the absolute hunger and hatred each had to beat the other person. At this stage of their careers and at their age...there is no way they could rekindle that.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think Barrera is as washed up as others do, h took a young hungry Juarez to school and I think he beat Marquez too, alot of people think Marquez beat Manny, Marco would still be up there, maybe not no1 but top 3 for sure.

The style that Barrera took on, as a counter puncher lends much better to his fighjting now than Erics does.

I have alot of respect for Morales, he is what the term bad embodies, he fought everyone and beat alot of good fighters, he beat Manny the first time they met If that was years earlier Manny wouldnt have wanted a rematch, Eric and marco were both very dangerous men.

Also, nothing to do with anything but I reckon, naz in his pomp would have given Manny a big headache, as Manny works in straght lines and gets hit, maybe Hamed would have had a better day at the office with the bull rushing Manny than Barrera, as that is what Hamed was expecting with Barrera, this is where Marco adapted his fighting.

Another thing, Barrera said Hamed surprised him, not with his power but his ability to eat a shot, lokk at Hameds build, he has legs twice the size of anyone else his weight, ots of core strength, he just let the power get the better of him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by caleoh12 View Post

Can they still do it?!

In a word NO!

I remember reading at artical in The Ring in which Barerra said he wanted to be out of boxing by the time he is 30.

Why cant boxers learn for the mistakes of others from the past.
    To quote the great film Rocky 4, Apollo Creed says,

"We always have to be in the middle of the action 'cause we're the warriors. And without some challenge, without some damn war to fight then the warriors might as well be dead, Stallion."

I think this is what Barerra and Morales, along with all the fighters who fight longer than they should feel too...

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    I dont think Barrera is as washed up as others do, h took a young hungry Juarez to school and I think he beat Marquez too, alot of people think Marquez beat Manny, Marco would still be up there, maybe not no1 but top 3 for sure.

The style that Barrera took on, as a counter puncher lends much better to his fighjting now than Erics does.

I have alot of respect for Morales, he is what the term bad embodies, he fought everyone and beat alot of good fighters, he beat Manny the first time they met If that was years earlier Manny wouldnt have wanted a rematch, Eric and marco were both very dangerous men.

Also, nothing to do with anything but I reckon, naz in his pomp would have given Manny a big headache, as Manny works in straght lines and gets hit, maybe Hamed would have had a better day at the office with the bull rushing Manny than Barrera, as that is what Hamed was expecting with Barrera, this is where Marco adapted his fighting.

Another thing, Barrera said Hamed surprised him, not with his power but his ability to eat a shot, lokk at Hameds build, he has legs twice the size of anyone else his weight, ots of core strength, he just let the power get the better of him.
    I agree with a fair bit of that; but alot of people wont fight Marcos' fight and will have his timing down and we wont get to see him flourish in what he does best. Thats why him and Eric looked so great with each other they felt what was comming at them and shot inbetween the spaces. Like the spaces between music which make for great music instead of just a big noise; same with those great fight match ups.

Shame about Hamed too, although it wasnt only the ring power that got to him in regards to over commitment and no techinical answers. His ego and his belife in his own power more than the one he was claiming aloud. His actions allowed fate,or the hand of God, to make it Hamed 1 /Fate 1; He wanted ,needed /created his own take down ,so he got it .

Now I hope he has the balls to look deep into the mirror of self reflection and hopefully learns all the lessons. Rises out of his mistakes. Maybe become great again but for real, for himself and others outside of the ring, its what he really wants .
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really dont want Morales to come back,I love the bloke,but im afraid its all over for him,as someone said,if he aint going to win 1 of the alphabets,whats the point?!

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin View Post
    I would hate to see the greatest trilogy in boxing history, IMO, be tarnished by a 4th fight. What made their fights so incredible was the absolute hunger and hatred each had to beat the other person. At this stage of their careers and at their age...there is no way they could rekindle that.
    You aint lying, the hate they had for each other was real to the bone although I think from personal observation, that Morales hated Barrera a whole lot more from some of the things he would say, one in particular was 'CHINGA TU MADRE' which basicly means, phuk your mother, or go phuk your mother, which is in turn like 'Mother Phuker' but in Spanish it's a lot worse to say it to another Mexican, those my friends are fighting words. It was funny to watch Barrera steal on Morales during a press conference in which they were standing in front of each other and Morales once again used that insult and Barrera hit Morales with a right hand clean on the kisser.

Are they really talking about a 4th meeting? I think even though Barrera is older, I think MAB has more left than EM. but this is just my impression only because EM gave up after 3 rounds against PAC. Morales could have gotten up and there was like 15 seconds left before the bell but he just sat there and said phuk it let me get paid and let me get the phuk out of here, the fact that PAC and EM are friends does not help matters either, kind of like the ODHL/Hopkins fight in which ODLH was hit by his buddy ole' pal and just stayed down. (So I might be getting conned into this)

If both fighters got it on soon and dont go thru all of this 4 fight tune up, we still might have a pretty decent scrap. In a way, I would like to see a 4th fight just to see what happens because they hate each other so much to this very day.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Morles is 100% washed up... he can still fight and beat second rate fighters like david diaz whom he was screwed against...

But to me this is why erik will never been a true great, he became shot to early... true ATG don;t do that...

But marco is sumin different... ok no secret, my all time fav fighters...

but what stops him being champion now, is not age, but hunger...

his timing isnt what it was, but i thought he beat JMM and his fight with pac was close, both of which he had no real hunger, u seen it in both juarez fights, he was content to just "do enough" something the great barrera never did, he always fought with a purpose...

while the pros and conns debated weather marcos was saving him self or no longer cared, it turned out he just no longer had the hunger...

but if he could, for one more fight get the must win back, there is maybe only pac who could beat him, and i would give him a very good chance over pac

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme View Post
    Morles is 100% washed up... he can still fight and beat second rate fighters like david diaz whom he was screwed against...

But to me this is why erik will never been a true great, he became shot to early... true ATG don;t do that...

But marco is sumin different... ok no secret, my all time fav fighters...

but what stops him being champion now, is not age, but hunger...

his timing isnt what it was, but i thought he beat JMM and his fight with pac was close, both of which he had no real hunger, u seen it in both juarez fights, he was content to just "do enough" something the great barrera never did, he always fought with a purpose...

while the pros and conns debated weather marcos was saving him self or no longer cared, it turned out he just no longer had the hunger...

but if he could, for one more fight get the must win back, there is maybe only pac who could beat him, and i would give him a very good chance over pac
    I thought he had a good chance to win against Pac in their rematch. But what always distinguished Marco was that he could switch between brawling and boxing as well as anyone EVER. The last fight that he showed these qualities in was against Marquez. Against Pac in their rematch he fought extremely tentatively throughout. I don't blame him...he probably had their first encounter on his mind...plus Pac's explosiveness and speed requires caution. It's just that he showed almost no energy or fire in that fight...and without that...he isn't Barrera. Is he still an incredibly skilled fighter who could beat a lot of guys out there...sure. But he just doesn't seem to have that hunger and war like attitude to beat a guy like Pac anymore. He has nothing left to prove. He should look at his ultimate rival, Morales, and learn that it's not wise to stick around once you are past it.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barrera and Morales were excellent fighters and I couldnt really stand Hamed but now you cant hear his annoying bullshiit when you see what he could do to good fighters when he trained properly it was something

If I were a promoter, id get Hamed out of retirement and to a decent trainer like Roach (steward didnt work) and make a rematch between him and Barrera, im sure it would still make money, Barrera would take it knowing he can beat Hamed and given a few stiffs to knock over Hamed would make some interest again and given Barreras decline Hamed might want it, then if he wan you would have Hamed in the mix of todays super feathers/lightweights.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Barrera and Morales were excellent fighters and I couldnt really stand Hamed but now you cant hear his annoying bullshiit when you see what he could do to good fighters when he trained properly it was something

If I were a promoter, id get Hamed out of retirement and to a decent trainer like Roach (steward didnt work) and make a rematch between him and Barrera, im sure it would still make money, Barrera would take it knowing he can beat Hamed and given a few stiffs to knock over Hamed would make some interest again and given Barreras decline Hamed might want it, then if he wan you would have Hamed in the mix of todays super feathers/lightweights.

Be interesting to see if Barrera could pull off the full nelson to turnbuckle slam again
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I say lets see number 4 from the living legends. It will not hurt their legacy and they do still hate each other. Lets see it made, no warm ups.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information