User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: When César Chávez died

Share/Bookmark
    SigmaMu Guest

Wink When César Chávez died

Back in 1993, I was at work and this Filipino kid came in who also worked for the same company as I did, he approached me and of course since I am Mexican, he said 'Sorry to hear about Chavez' and I said something like yea, me too, he was a great man, in which he replied back, he was also a great fighter. I looked at him and I started laughing, I could not help but laugh, because he thought it was Julio Cesar Chavez whom had died and I had to explain to him who was one of the greatest American civil rights leaders was that being César Estrada Chávez better known as César Chávez. It's one of those things I will never forget because this Filipino kid was just a puppy, he was still a good kid though. LOL these remind me of those stories you find in readers digest

This reminds me of a report I was watchin on JCC in which they had JCC as a guest at a dinner table with two female reporters and they asked him about all the dirt in his life and every question except his drug abuse he would laugh and snicker about even when he was talking about getting high, he would sometimes snicker. JCC is a little devil,... man does he have a lot of dirt in his past. Dude is just crazy.
    Last edited by SigmaMu; 08-23-2008 at 08:29 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: When César Chávez died

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post
    Back in 1993, I was at work and this Filipino kid came in who also worked for the same company as I did, he approached me and of course since I am Mexican, he said 'Sorry to hear about Chavez' and I said something like yea, me too, he was a great man, in which he replied back, he was also a great fighter. I looked at him and I started laughing, I could not help but laugh, because he thought it was Julio Cesar Chavez whom had died and I had to explain to him who was one of the greatest American civil rights leaders was that being César Estrada Chávez better known as César Chávez. It's one of those things I will never forget because this Filipino kid was just a puppy, he was still a good kid though. LOL these remind me of those stories you find in readers digest

This reminds me of a report I was watchin on JCC in which they had JCC as a guest at a dinner table with two female reporters and they asked him about all the dirt in his life and every question except his drug abuse he would laugh and snicker about even when he was talking about getting high, he would sometimes snicker. JCC is a little devil,... man does he have a lot of dirt in his past. Dude is just crazy.
    In East L.A. theres a street named after Cesar Estrada.
    The name of the street is Cesar E. Chavez and I remember around the time they announced the street name some people thought it was Chavez the boxer when in reality it was for Chavez the activist...
    That street used to be called Brooklyn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: When César Chávez died

I remember my history teacher giving out names on famous people that we could do a research on. I saw Cesar Chavez and I quickly picked that name... Later found out I had to do it on Chavez the activist... lol good guy.. On the final we could get to pick a research on anyone that had a good impact on the world. I picked DLH :P.. It was sweet being in class reading SaddoBoxing the teacher tought i was researching my topic hahaha...
    Hidden Content There is no reward for second place

Thread Information