Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Carl (the slowworm) Froch aka The Froak at it again!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Carl (the slowworm) Froch aka The Froak at it again!

CALZAGHE IS FIGHTING JONES TO AVOID ME!

Carl Froch The Cobra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl (the slowworm) Froch aka The Froak at it again!

I have only see clips of this guy fight. How good is he anyway? He seems really strong but it is hard to cast a judgment on him until he gets in there with top opposition.

What are your impressions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Deanrw View Post
    I have only see clips of this guy fight. How good is he anyway? He seems really strong but it is hard to cast a judgment on him until he gets in there with top opposition.

He seems a talent out of the past best Hamed mould. He has a brutal right hand but is open to the jab and straight right hand. His only semi decent opponent Brian Magee was a solid journeyman boxer and gave Froch fits until Froch caught him in the 11th.

Taylor and Inkin openly ducked him but that is no excuse for fighting the worst Europe has to offer usually only giving a few weeks notice. IMO should have been stepped up 5 fights ago when Bika was mebtioned since then fights with Mundine, Inkin and Zuniga have fallen through and i will use the term real cans brought in from eastern europe.

Could win a title but a good boxer would easily outpoint him. And he has 2 knicknames in the UK one is the "slowworm" as he calls himself "the Cobra" yet was unwilling to fight anybody and has taken till 31yo to secure a Pascal fight. And "The Froak" --- the term "Froak" means to avoid and Path of least resistance.

Good to watch little substance and he is always belittling great fighters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Markusdarkus View Post

He seems a talent out of the past best Hamed mould. He has a brutal right hand but is open to the jab and straight right hand. His only semi decent opponent Brian Magee was a solid journeyman boxer and gave Froch fits until Froch caught him in the 11th.

Taylor and Inkin openly ducked him but that is no excuse for fighting the worst Europe has to offer usually only giving a few weeks notice. IMO should have been stepped up 5 fights ago when Bika was mebtioned since then fights with Mundine, Inkin and Zuniga have fallen through and i will use the term real cans brought in from eastern europe.

Could win a title but a good boxer would easily outpoint him. And he has 2 knicknames in the UK one is the "slowworm" as he calls himself "the Cobra" yet was unwilling to fight anybody and has taken till 31yo to secure a Pascal fight. And "The Froak" --- the term "Froak" means to avoid and Path of least resistance.

Yeah I noticed he has a mouth!haha. Nothing wrong with that as long as he backs up his own hype. Pascal is the same way though. He brags himself up like you would not believe. He probably has a bigger mouth than Froch. Nobody is sold on Pascal yet either so it seems this fight will be a good test for both of them.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's got massive ability, but his defence is to suspect, gonna get knocked out when he fights a big hitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Markusdarkus View Post

Yeah I noticed he has a mouth!haha. Nothing wrong with that as long as he backs up his own hype. Pascal is the same way though. He brags himself up like you would not believe. He probably has a bigger mouth than Froch. Nobody is sold on Pascal yet either so it seems this fight will be a good test for both of them.

Im not sold on Pascal but as i said i think even a middling boxer with any savy would take him to school.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch will have a punchers chance against any1 and will be dangerous cause he carries alot of power but he has a very poor defence and when he steps up in class he will fall short.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont get this power thing, where has Carl shown he has big power?

In stopping a previously stopped and washed up Reid? In stopping Magee who Reid dropped at will?

The other people to say Carl has power are his little sparring partners

This fight is a step up for Froch wich is a joke in itself because Pascal is untested also

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

froch really frustrates me. he mouths off against the likes of Calzaghe saying they are avoiding him. what a joke. froch is undoubtedly talented but he needs to show that in the ring rather than exercising his mouth. hes not active enough and claims everyone avoids him. I think he will win a title but I still think calzaghe in his advanced stage of his career would beat froch. however we will never know cos the fight wont happen. in reality froch is a major stepdown for joe after the likes of kessler and hopkins. he has nothing to gain from this fight. for froch to earn some kudos he should try and get a match with kessler down the line. thats unless mikkel is avoiding him too

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    I dont get this power thing, where has Carl shown he has big power?

In stopping a previously stopped and washed up Reid? In stopping Magee who Reid dropped at will?

The other people to say Carl has power are his little sparring partners

This fight is a step up for Froch wich is a joke in itself because Pascal is untested also
    He has stopped 19 of 23 opponents so he must hit quite hard, of course I realise the level of his opposition contributes to that somewhat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgfj6MoSRuM

Here is a vid for peeps who ain't seen Froch yet

Thread Information