Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which out of the up and coming big fights do you think will be the best ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default which out of the up and coming big fights do you think will be the best ?

there is a few good fights coming up

Ricky hatton pauly malgini
    i think there could be an upset as much as i like ricky i think he hasnt given himself enough time to prepare and the change of trainer at this time might not do to well for him, and i dont think pauly will let this go with out a fight as he has been waiting for this for a while,

joe calzaghe roy jones jr
    i think calzaghe will win as imo he is the best around at the moment

manny paciuo oscar de la hoya
    i think manny will put up a hell of a fight and i dont think anyone should underestimate him im going to go for the underdog manny

kelly pavlik bernad hopkins
    i dont know to much about pavlik so wont comment

prescott amir khan
    i think this will be the best fight of the night as prescott will keep pressing and amir will really have to scrap for this so a big big test for him but im going khan on decsion

excuse the spelling on some of them, which do you think will be the best and who will win them ? any more to add to the list ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: which out of the up and coming big fights do you think will be the best ?

Not sure if you forgot or just didn't think they were worth mentioning, but the best 2 fights coming up are Casmayor/Marquez and Katsidis/Diaz, IMO anyways.

The only others that interest me are Pavlik/Hopkins as I see Kelly having some problems handling the cagey old fart. And Hatton/Malinaggi, as I think Hatton is going to run into a bad case of deja-vu of Mayweather in the middle rounds against Paulie and I see an upset. I hope not as I can't stand Paulie, but he is pretty rugged and a slick boxer, plus I wonder who the ref will be and if Paulie will play to him.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

ICB Guest

Default Re: which out of the up and coming big fights do you think will be the best ?

I think Juan Diaz vs Michael Katsidis will be the most exciting because both men are limited and they only come forward they don't know the meaning of going on the back foot and both men are considered the most exciting fighters P4P at the moment........

As for Juan Manuel Marquez vs Joel Casamayor even though i like both fighters the fight could become very tactical if both men go into there natural counter punching shell but i think Juan Manuel Marquez will lead in the middle rounds but i just can't see the fight being that exciting even though im really looking forward to it because the skill level is amazingly high but i think it will be a fast paced chess match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good points ICE.

Also, I'm not too familiar with Bute, but I know as far as exciting, Andrade will make it just that, so I would imagine that fight will be a smoker.
    Hidden Content

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post
    Good points ICE.

Also, I'm not too familiar with Bute, but I know as far as exciting, Andrade will make it just that, so I would imagine that fight will be a smoker.
    Lucian Bute reminds me of Joe Calzaghe a little bit i think if you watch him on youtube you would notice the similarties aswell..........

Lucian Bute is a good boxer and he may give Librado Andrade a bit of a boxing lesson like he did with another tough boxer like Lucian Bute aka Sakio Bika......

But i hope Librado Andrade wins he is good for the sport of boxing but i don't know bro i think this could be a bad style match up for Librado Andrade but we will see i did say Lucian Bute was the darkhorse of the Super Middleweight last year so this fight will tell us if he is indeed the real deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Good points ICE.

Lucian Bute reminds me of Joe Calzaghe a little bit i think if you watch him on youtube you would notice the similarties aswell..........

Lucian Bute is a good boxer and he may give Librado Andrade a bit of a boxing lesson like he did with another tough boxer like Lucian Bute aka Sakio Bika......

But i hope Librado Andrade wins he is good for the sport of boxing but i don't know bro i think this could be a bad style match up for Librado Andrade but we will see i did say Lucian Bute was the darkhorse of the Super Middleweight last year so this fight will tell us if he is indeed the real deal.
    So you think this could go somewhat like Andrade/Kessler? Andrade one of my faves; I just like those guys who get punched silly and keep coming on Seriously though, I'd hate to see him lose another one, and am eventually hoping a Pavlik/andrade fight can get made, as I think it would be a sick fight.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good points ICE.

How do you think Hatton-Maliganggi plays out ICB ?. Good to see you back too mate.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good points ICE.

Good points ICE.

So you think this could go somewhat like Andrade/Kessler? Andrade one of my faves; I just like those guys who get punched silly and keep coming on Seriously though, I'd hate to see him lose another one, and am eventually hoping a Pavlik/andrade fight can get made, as I think it would be a sick fight.
    I'm almost positive that Bute is going to school Andrade, maybe even stop him (blasphemy, I know). I just looked at the stats of both fighter on boxrec, and apparently Andrade has an 8" reach advantage, that could make things very interesting, though from what I've seen Andrade doesn't like to fight on the outside.

ICB Guest

Good points ICE.

Not as one sided as that but i can see a clear 9-3 points win for Lucian Bute who is a very underrated im telling you this guy has skills he is tall and uses the jab well and its always hard to deal with Southpaw's jab let me tell you i have had first hand experience and it throws you completely off your rhythm and you just can't seem to avoid it i have found circling clockwise helps me but again Librado Andrade isn't exactly gifted with light feet is he........

But anyway i've been following Lucian Bute since about 2005 on and off he impressed me when he stopped rough house Kabary Salem who dropped Joe Calzaghe heavily and gave him 12 tough rounds.........

If you watch his fights he eats up aggressive fighters so thats why i don't like Librado Andrade's chances in this one although he does have power and maybe he can make that a factor but at the moment im going with a clear cut UD for Lucian Bute although i'll be rooting for Librado Andrade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn, this doesn't sound too promising for Librado Well, like you said, I'll be cheering for him; always will.
    Hidden Content

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    Good points ICE.

How do you think Hatton-Maliganggi plays out ICB ?. Good to see you back too mate.
    Thanks Lee have some rep as for the fight i think Ricky Hatton will be outboxed and made to look silly in spurts but i think he will be able to close the distance because Ricky Hatton does have good feet and even closed the distance when he fought Floyd Mayweather.........

I think Ricky Hatton's workrate and aggression will catch up to Paul Malignaggi round about the middle rounds and then he will take over in the 2nd half of the fight and earn a decision by about 116-112 maybe a tad closer but to be honest i haven't been that impressed with Paul Malignaggi since the Miguel Cotto fight and i think Miguel Cotto fight ruined him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

l like the pavlik vs hopkins which i believe pavlik will win and i also like the jones and joe fight which i hope jones will win he should calzaghe dont derserve shit for fight guys in there fortys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These are just a couple that i cant waiting to see along with my picks although i think some might already been canceled.

Juan Diaz vs Michael Katsidis = Diaz
    Jorge Barrios vs Rocky Juarez = Barrios
    Amir Khan vs Breidis Prescott = Prescott
    Luis Ramon Campas vs Julio Cesar Garcia = Campas
    Joel Casamayor vs Juan Manuel Marquez = Marquez
    Sergio Mora vs Vernon Forrest II = Forrest
    Nate Campbell vs Joan Guzman = Guzman
    Yutaka Niida vs Roman Gonzalez = Gonzalez
    Shane Mosley vs Mayorga = Mosley
    Andre Berto vs Steve Forbes = Berto
    Johnathan Banks vs Enzo Maccarinelli = Banks
    Arthur Abraham vs Raul Marquez = Abraham
    Vitali Klitschko vs Samuel Peter = Klitschko
    Chad Dawson vs Antonio Tarver = Dawson
    Bernard Hopkins vs Kelly Pavlik = Hopkins
    Sergiy Dzinziruk vs Joel Julio = Julio
    Lucian Bute vs Librado Andrade = Bute
    Antonio Margarito vs Joshua Clottey = Margarito
    Joe Clazaghe vs Roy Jones Jr = Jones Jr
    Jermain Taylor vs Jeff Lacy = Taylor
    David Haye vs Who Ever = Who Ever
    Ricky Hatton vs Paul Malignaggi = Malignaggi
    Manny Pacquiao vs Oscar De La Hoya = De La Hoya
    Ulises Solis vs Brian Viloria = Solis
    Hidden Content It's Good To Be Back!! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

all good fight i agree on most except the hopkins n kelly fight kelly is gonna win that fight hands down the campbell and guzman i really think campbell can win cause hes bigger and just became champion and i dont think hes gonna let them go just yet to an undefeated fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm most looking forward to Diaz ruining Katsidis.

Thread Information