0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Haye to fight Kevin Johnson?

David Haye Approaches Kevin Johnson For 11/15 Fight - Boxing News

What do you guys think?

I noticed how they are giving David a guy who cant punch!! But his record looks decent enough for his first fight, i would of prefered a guy with a bit more about him in the power stakes like a Rahman or Barrett. But overall i think not the worst opponent. Aslong as he steps it up again in his next fight.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye to fight Kevin Johnson?

This is gonna make him look silly after the huge claims it would 100% be a ranked top 10 Heavy!!
    From what i can gather everyone Hayemaker have approached has priced themselves out of it (or so we're told)
    Seems a decent challenge and he is a skilled fighter who's tall and quick but poses no real KO threat so if this happens and he does manage to get Haye on wobbly legs at some stage we'll be able to measure Hayes chances of ever winning a title a lot better,which won't be looking too good if we're honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's a reasonable pick. He's decent enough fighter to be a yardstick for Haye. It won't tell us if Haye has any chin, but if he knocks him over like a tomato can, it portends well for him.

If his next fight after this is not against a real top HW, we should ridicule him heavily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sounds like a winnable fight for haye. but kevin is undefeated and young and has a pretty decent jab if he can take haye into the late rounds he might pull it off just dont go toe to toe with haye cause he will get knock tha hell out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He mite of watch the Khan fight and fought i better not end up like him so ill fight a weak puncher

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Johnsons and Hayes cocky attitude's combined will be worth the ticket price.Johnson does not seem to commit himself coming forward but can fight off the backfoot very well with fast hands and box abit,solid jab. I'm still thinking Haye should go in against an Oleg Maskaev type........"Name" with title lineage and it would seem right now,there for the plucking ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    Johnsons and Hayes cocky attitude's combined will be worth the ticket price.Johnson does not seem to commit himself coming forward but can fight off the backfoot very well with fast hands and box abit,solid jab. I'm still thinking Haye should go in against an Oleg Maskaev type........"Name" with title lineage and it would seem right now,there for the plucking ??
    Only problem with that is that Oleg can crack, and for a guy who has been KO'd a few times, he's got a decent chin. All the fighters who have stopped him are pretty big punchers. Lyakhovich would be the Russian with a title lineage to use as a test.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RozzySean View Post
    Only problem with that is that Oleg can crack, and for a guy who has been KO'd a few times, he's got a decent chin. All the fighters who have stopped him are pretty big punchers. Lyakhovich would be the Russian with a title lineage to use as a test.

And a winnable fight for my man Lyakhovich. Go WHITE WOLF!
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Hayes mobility and straight right hand speed would do a number on a battle worn Maskaev.......Haye will always have the possibility of getting tagged hard at Heavy Lol.To the main stream,And Im guessing Haye wants to be in the spot light,Maskaev is a higher risk but abit more well known.Has Serquei fought since the Valuev loss......poor guy looked like he was in his third tri-mester that night .If he comes in top notch,I could see him giving Haye a go as well ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Klitchskos are licking their chops and waiting on Haye. It's gonna be a sad wakeup call for Haye.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Hayes mobility and straight right hand speed would do a number on a battle worn Maskaev.......Haye will always have the possibility of getting tagged hard at Heavy Lol.To the main stream,And Im guessing Haye wants to be in the spot light,Maskaev is a higher risk but abit more well known.Has Serquei fought since the Valuev loss......poor guy looked like he was in his third tri-mester that night .If he comes in top notch,I could see him giving Haye a go as well ?
    Yes I think he could lose even in good shape sadly, and I am one of his few supporters on here. He really needs motiviation. But if getting a HW belt isn't motivation........I really don't know what is.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would favor Haye over Maskaev. All heavyweights hit relatively hard, but some guys have real pop, one punch, fight changing power...Wlad, Peter, Rahman, Maskaev, Brewster. Those are the guys who Haye wants to avoid at this point. Even a battle worn Maskaev could catch the Haye flush and have him seeing lights. A Johnson, a Sergei, a Dominic Guinn, or an Eddie Chambers aren't going to catch Haye with one lucky shot and put him out.

El Kabong Guest

Kevin Johnson is a big guy to be such a sorry ass puncher.

It's smart for Haye to start out slowly in the division...he doesn't want to end up being like Amir Kahn or Audley Harrison.

I would still like for Haye to fight someone that's more tested and proven to be durable like Dominick Guinn

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Make no mistake, Johnson may not be a big name but he IS a test for Haye. I'd say he represents a bigger test than Maskaev, Rahman and Guinn.

He's unbeaten and has beaten the kind of guys a decent prospect should beat.

Wins over Robert Hawkins, Robert Wiggins and Damian Wills show he's a decent prospect. These are the kind of guys that the Maskaev's, Guinns, Arreola's and Audley Harrisons built their records on and so to have beaten them all shows he's no mug.

A draw with Timor Ibragimov in his 4th fight as well, this kid may not be able to punch but he can certainly box and will be a tough test for Haye.

If I was in Hayes camp I'd much rather fight someone with the name profile of a Rahman or Maskaev who will likely be a lot easier to beat than this guy.

If Haye takes this fight people shouldn't underestimate him.

No 20-0-1 fighter should ever be written off as a nobody, especially not by a guy essentially making his debut in the heavyweight division against him.

Tough fight for Haye and props to him if he takes this tricky fight.

El Kabong Guest

Johnson has SOME names on his record but Rahman and Maskaev are guys who won at the TOP of the division and he hasn't done that yet and despite where they are in their respective careers that experience matters.

If Johnson is able to take a punch then he's going to give Haye a lot of issues.

Thread Information