Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacquiao to promote PAC-JMM 3 ?

Share/Bookmark
    XaduBoxer Guest

Default Pacquiao to promote PAC-JMM 3 ?

A quote from a recent Pacquiao news article:

"After beating Casamayor yesterday, the Marquez camp again called out to Pacquiao, saying that two closely fought bouts deserve a third installment.

“No problem,” Pacquiao countered.

“I can fight with anybody. But he (Marquez) must agree to my offer because I will be the promoter of that fight,” added Pacquiao.

“I won’t agree to it if I’m not (the promoter). If he agrees to my small offer, then he really wants to fight me, but if he won’t then it means he’s only after the money.”

Go PAC, the promoter...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao to promote PAC-JMM 3 ?

I think Pacquaio needs Marquez as much as Marquez needs him.

Their last fight was so close and could have easily gone to Marquez, who could have easily won the first one as well.

There is definitely unfinished business between them and I'd love to see them fight for a third time at lightweight.

With the extra pounds we may well see one of them getting knocked out.

It would be huge fight and would almost certainly be for the title of the best p4p fighter on the planet.

It's possibly the biggest fight in boxing right now, at least in a significance sense if not ppv buys.

XaduBoxer Guest

Pacquiao just doing a DelaHoya on JMM...

"Accept my small offer..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pacman dont need JMM money wise but it will shut Jmm up if pacman wins again so JMM needs pacman more cause pacman has alot of fights he can chose from besides fighting Jmm for a third time

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Their last fight was so close and could have easily gone to Marquez, who could have easily won the first one as well.

There is definitely unfinished business between them and I'd love to see them fight for a third time at lightweight.

It would be huge fight and would almost certainly be for the title of the best p4p fighter on the planet.

It's possibly the biggest fight in boxing right now, at least in a significance sense if not ppv buys.
    I thought JMM won both fights and he has won many more rounds out of there two fights it has to be said that Manny Pacquiao was a tad lucky in there first fight that he caught JMM cold because after the 2nd round JMM had Manny Pacquaio figured out and i thought JMM won 8 rounds for certain take away that first round and it was an easy win and as for the 2nd fight i still think JMM won by 1 or maybe 2 points its just frustrating as a Juan Manuel Marquez fan because i know he has Manny Pacquiao's number and i know he could of won both fights.
    Last edited by ICB; 09-14-2008 at 10:20 PM.

XaduBoxer Guest

Pacquiao probably is serious in his intention to promote his 3rd fight with JMM if ever... In fact, Manny's promotional company, MP Promotions has a good fight card offering this coming September 25 in San Diego, California, USA. Manny as the promoter is expected to grace the event...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

I thought JMM won both fights and he has won many more rounds out of there two fights it has to be said that Manny Pacquiao was a tad lucky in there first fight that he caught JMM cold because after the 2nd round JMM had Manny Pacquaio figured out and i thought JMM won 8 rounds for certain take away that first round and it was an easy win and as for the 2nd fight i still think JMM won by 1 or maybe 2 points its just frustrating as a Juan Manuel Marquez fan because i know he has Manny Pacquiao's number and i know he could of won both fights.

I respectfully disagree with you ICB. Had the KO happened 2 minutes before the bell, Marquez would have been TKOed. Watch again the fight and tell me that I'm mistaken.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am a firm believer that the 3 KD rule should always be in effect so Pac for me should have a 1st rd TKO over JMM! Where would that leave this argument?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    I am a firm believer that the 3 KD rule should always be in effect so Pac for me should have a 1st rd TKO over JMM! Where would that leave this argument?
    Have you ever seen Moore/ Durelle 1? Thats one of my favorite fights & would been spoiled by the 3 knockdown rule!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JMM definitely lost IMO a close fight in the second won, and the first he didn't win that one. WHen you get knocked down 3 times its because the guy has power. After that Marquez did not win 8 rounds, and he is lucky that 3 knockdown rounds don't usually get called 10-6.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You could also argue JMM doens't have Pacman figured out because it both fights the same thing happened
    1. Pacman comes out strong early
    2. JMM takes over in the middle rounds
    3. Pacman comes back late to win the fight.

XaduBoxer Guest

Pacquiao the promoter!
    Monday, September 15 2008

Looks like the first boxing show promoted by four-time world champion Manny Pacquiao will be a hit. Pacquiao's debut as a promoter will be on September 25 in association with Sycuan Ringside Promotions and it was announced today that all $250 dollars ringside tickets have been sold out for the show.

Pacquaio who just landed in the United States on Sunday night will be ringside on September 25 when some of his boxers will see action. The memorable night of boxing in El Cajon will feature Mexican boxers against Filipinos with the main event pitting world ranked Bernabe Concepcion against Mexican champion Giovanni Caro in a ten-round super bantamweight bout that begins at 7:30 p.m. (local time).

Other Pacquiao-backed boxers include junior welterweight Dennis Laurente (29-3, 15 KOs) fighting against Arturo Urena (20-15, 12 KOs) and lightweight Mercito Gesta (13-0-1, 5 KOs) co mpeting against Alain “Conan” Hernandez (12-5-2, 7 KOs) of nearby Tijuana.

Tickets for the outdoor venue are on sale now. Tickets are priced at $250 (sold out), $150, $75 and $50. You can purchase online at Sycuan Band of Kumeyaay Indians - Culture, History & Pow Wow - El Cajon, California, via phone at (619) 659-3380 or in person at the Sycuan box office.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    You could also argue JMM doens't have Pacman figured out because it both fights the same thing happened
    1. Pacman comes out strong early
    2. JMM takes over in the middle rounds
    3. Pacman comes back late to win the fight.
    Actually Juan Manuel Marquez IMO won the last 2 rounds in the 2nd fight and if i remember rightly he won the 12th round of the 1st fight aswell and there is also flip side to that coin you could say Manny Pacquiao hasn't figured out Juan Manuel Marquez either.

XaduBoxer Guest

Pacquiao's MP Promotions very first fight card in the USA... Next promotions will be the Pacquiao vs. JMM 3 fight card...

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee View Post

I respectfully disagree with you ICB. Had the KO happened 2 minutes before the bell, Marquez would have been TKOed. Watch again the fight and tell me that I'm mistaken.
    Thats not what i was saying i was saying he was a tad lucky he caught Juan Manuel Marquez cold. And up until he got caught he was outboxing Manny Pacquiao easily in that first round, and take away that round and it was a clear cut win for Juan Manuel Marquez. I think Juan Manuel Marquez was suprised at the quickness of Manny Pacquiao and he didn't except to get blitzed like that in the first round hence why he was caught cold.

Thread Information