Thread: Hatton - Malignaggi face off!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton - Malignaggi face off!!

Come 2wks before the fight Hatton will be looking like a monster and all of this will be forgotten. I still think Hatton wants to add to his legacy he has a great resume and if he "cashing out" he would not be fighting Paulie who is a huge risk and not so huge reward.

If Hatton is 60% of what he was 3yrs ago he will batter Paulie all over the ring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By picking Mayweather snr i think it shows Hatton wants to learn and still has the hunger left in him.It would of been easyer to pick Lee Beard as his main trainer seen as he has worked with Ricky in the past.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a big Hatton fan and would love to see him win but I don't think he will. He looked poor in his last fight with Lazcano, (as he has in many fights of late) a fight which was supposed to make Rick look good after his loss.

Paulie by decision, and I agree with what Saddo said, he wants it more than Ricky does.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Ricky looks any different to his usual bloated drunkard self.

Even if he's lost it a bit (which is surely the case), he should still beat Powderpuff.

Powderpuff not only doesn't have a single piece of form to warrant his lofty status he is coming into the fight on (arguable) back-to-back losses - at the very least awful performances.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I don't think Ricky looks any different to his usual bloated drunkard self.

Even if he's lost it a bit (which is surely the case), he should still beat Powderpuff.

Powderpuff not only doesn't have a single piece of form to warrant his lofty status he is coming into the fight on (arguable) back-to-back losses - at the very least awful performances.
    I pretty much agree with this. Ive only seen Malignaggi fight 4 times, the most impressive was against Cotto when he lost. I am fairly bemused by his lofty status in the fight game but I suppose the Hatton fight will give him the perfect opportunity to prove doubters like me wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Paulie stands no chance

I think if anything Hatton might be taking him lightly and thats because he can!!

I have said it before Paulie cant punch for shit so Hatton has nothing to fear, he will chase him down all night, leading with his face and smahing his body, I see Hatton winning by late stoppage or wide UD

I also dont think Hatton fights purely for the money, The people around him want to milk the fans for as much as possible but I genuinely think hatton wants to fight to seal his reputation, he has easier ways of making money now and its not like he spends what he has now, he has moved house once and lives less than 100 yards from where he lived before he started boxing
    "There is no point being alive if you cannot do the deadlift."
    John Paul Sigmarrsson, 4 time Word's Strongest Man

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    I'm a big Hatton fan and would love to see him win but I don't think he will. He looked poor in his last fight with Lazcano, (as he has in many fights of late) a fight which was supposed to make Rick look good after his loss.

Paulie by decision, and I agree with what Saddo said, he wants it more than Ricky does.

How can anyone on this earth ofther than Hatton himself would know how much Hatton wants this? i find it crazy when people say stuff like that. Hatton will want this fight for his fans more than anything and bringing in Mayweather Sr means Hatton doesnt just want a payday as Sr would be demanding at least a cool mill.

As for Hatton looking bad... no he looked good rounds 4-10 and got caught. Put it this way Hatton looked 100x better beating Lazcano than Paulie did beating Ngougo and Ndou. I actually thought Ngougo beat him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Some pics i nicked from the Hatton site.

All i got to say is WTF is that jacket Ricky!!

Are they fighting at Crusierweigth?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Markusdarkus View Post

How can anyone on this earth ofther than Hatton himself would know how much Hatton wants this? i find it crazy when people say stuff like that. Hatton will want this fight for his fans more than anything and bringing in Mayweather Sr means Hatton doesnt just want a payday as Sr would be demanding at least a cool mill.

As for Hatton looking bad... no he looked good rounds 4-10 and got caught. Put it this way Hatton looked 100x better beating Lazcano than Paulie did beating Ngougo and Ndou. I actually thought Ngougo beat him.
    Yet you presume to know how much he wants it. Fenster's right, Paulie's been built up to something he isn't. His punches won't bother Hatton, however there's a good chance Hatton's won't bother Paulie much either, as limited as he is he can take a very respectable shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Markusdarkus View Post

Yet you presume to know how much he wants it. Fenster's right, Paulie's been built up to something he isn't. His punches won't bother Hatton, however there's a good chance Hatton's won't bother Paulie much either, as limited as he is he can take a very respectable shot.

Sorry? where did i say how much Hatton wants it?

Nobody can say Paulie wants it more thats just silly. I said Hatton will want to do it for his fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know why people are using "Paulie wants it more" as something to favour Paulie in the fight. Hatton wanted it more than Mayweather in their fight. Even Shane Mosely and Bernard Hopkins said that. And look what happened there. You can have all the want in the world but if you ain't got the skills and talent then you'll fall short. Just like Paulie will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Paulie is gonna spin Fatton around the ring. I'm a Hatton fan but he's not the same fighter that cut KT down.

IMO it's gonna be a MD for Paulie as Ricky will keep it close but Paulie's superior foot work, handspeed and durability will win the day on a wearing and aging Hitman.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope to god Paulie wins i really do not like Hatton think he so overated he is no better then Gatti he rides on beating a 36 year old great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Hope to god Paulie wins i really do not like Hatton think he so overated he is no better then Gatti he rides on beating a 36 year old great.

Mmmm, I give Hatton alot more credit then that though I do think he's a little bit over rated... Just a but... But who's to say at this point?
    Last edited by PRIDE OF BOSTON; 09-16-2008 at 03:43 PM.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Boston were would you put him to me his best wins vs TK and then his win over Castillo who was shot to hell and back. I think if you look at the over all career of Hatton and Gatti you while see they are pretty much even when it comes to what they did and titles they held. I may be wrong i look up both of them and see if i miss judged it but i do not think i did.

Thread Information