Thread: Hatton - Malignaggi face off!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton - Malignaggi face off!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Well Boston were would you put him to me his best wins vs TK and then his win over Castillo who was shot to hell and back. I think if you look at the over all career of Hatton and Gatti you while see they are pretty much even when it comes to what they did and titles they held. I may be wrong i look up both of them and see if i miss judged it but i do not think i did.

Hatton is clearly better than Gatti and has done far more than gatti.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh really how so why dont you show what Hatton has done to make him so much more acomplished then Gatti i want titles and names please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Oh really how so why dont you show what Hatton has done to make him so much more acomplished then Gatti i want titles and names please.

You come accross like an idiot.

Saying Hatton is over-rated and Paulie will school him. Hatton is a great fighter and will be rememberd as an atg 140lb champion.

Gatti lost every fight against elite fighters.

Just watch th two Hatton is better in every area.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton competion was weak till TK and TK was a old version who was in active that is the only elite he ever beat and do not get me started on Castillo he was a shell and beyond shot he look horrible that night. Say what you want about Gattie but alot of the people he lost to i give good chance of beaten The Hitman Hatton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't argue tat the two mens' careers do mirror eachother a bit, I'll say this...

Gatti is alway touted around here as "over-rated"... How? He was never going to be a #1 P4P... I thought he'd connect with at least a few punches that would hurt Mayweather... I was the one that was wrong there... But I did not think he'd win the fight nonetheless.

I always see Gattie for exactly what he was, a tough boxer/puncher... Whe he boxed he boxed well. He wouldn't so much lose focus as just say "to hell with this" and go after the SOB on the other side of the ring.

They are very similar in the respect that they blow up and don't treat their bodies well in between fights(though Gatti got better with this in the last quarter of his career)

Hatton has wins over a similar type of opposition but the styles are totally different. Hatton a march down your throat winger who is way more a brawler then a boxer. He strictly mauls you into a shell and beats you.

Gatti could always switch... He could box your shoes off if he was on point... When he trained for a fight to come in and box he could do it superbly until he decided to dispatch it.

I give both men alot of credit for their accomplishments but the term...

"OVERRATED"

...is tossed around far to often...

Hatton although lossing to PBF made a fight of it the whole way through and kept it interesting... He in fact fough just as I suspected he would and the scorecards looked exactly like I thought they would with Hatton lossing many of them.

I though Hatton had a shot... Many of us did.

I thought Gatti had a shot too... He was just to far past it. A prime Gatti probably still would have gotten the trunks boxed off him but would have made him pay a bit.

Haton is the better fighter... This is why he wen as far as he did with Mayweather

I actually don't think these fighters are as overrated as many do. I do think that the spark has left Ricky and that he'll lose this fight... I think he's about done with the sport of boxing. Gatti gave the sport all he could and I don't think was ever expected by any to reign supreme in any divisiom... He was Arturo Gatti...

He lived in the Boardwalk Hall he built.

Hatton's fans will follow him to the end of the earth...

grossly overrated... Nah... To be loved and to be overrated are two totally different things
    Last edited by PRIDE OF BOSTON; 09-16-2008 at 03:46 PM.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I said i hope Paulie will school him i did not say he would i said hope.

XaduBoxer Guest

I think Maligfaggi is too slick and too fast for Hatton and will win via UD...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You gotta love this site full of haters for Hatton, oh how things have changed from a couple of years ago, the guy looses to the best fighter/boxer in the world probably his generation, above his weight class and now he is shit, shot and gunna loose to Paulie lol.
    This camp Rickys been over in the USA for six weeks not two like before he has been running 8 miles up hills not 5 miles round manchester, he came into camp not as fat/Bloated as usual, he has worked on the jab, head movement and his combos, not the bloody body belt, Floyd has been their all the way for him and his poems tell the story Paulie will be sucking on soup. Roll on Sunday going to be some fun reading the posts how Paulie lost his last two fights before Haton and how he couldnt get his game plan working and how Floyds a master tactics nullified all Paulie had and yes Ricks still past it Paulie was not a good a we thought lol, cracking place to read some jokers posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Some pics i nicked from the Hatton site.

All i got to say is WTF is that jacket Ricky!!

Ha Ha Ha...Love the confused look in Paulie's eyes...
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Thread Information