Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Problems.

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ICB Guest

Default Sleeping Problems.

For awhile i've been having trouble sleeping, always got stuff running around in my mind. And i can't seem to get tired or etc, does anyone have any tips on how to get better nights sleep ? thanks.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sleeping Problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    For awhile i've been having trouble sleeping, always got stuff running around in my mind. And i can't seem to get tired or etc, does anyone have any tips on how to get better nights sleep ? thanks.
    I've been having trouble sleeping forever. One method that helps me is meditation. Both before bed time and when I'm trying to sleep. It really helps clear my mind and allows me to drift off. Usually. It's by no means foolproof, but it has helped a lot.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I've been having trouble sleeping forever. One method that helps me is meditation. Both before bed time and when I'm trying to sleep. It really helps clear my mind and allows me to drift off. Usually. It's by no means foolproof, but it has helped a lot.
    How do you go into it?
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    How do you go into it?
    How do I meditate? I'm far from an expert. I just do what my psychiatrist (been seeing him for anxiety since my mom died) taught me: When I breathe in, I think "in", when I breathe out, I think "out". I acknowledge any interfering thoughts that arise and then try to let them go without passing any sort of judgement on them or myself. It works ok, but sometimes it fails miserably and I'm left lying awake listening to my pounding heart and feeling the sweat slowly form on my body as I begin to get over-anxious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember to avoid coffee, tea, or anything with a lot of sugar or caffeine several hours before going to bed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know if your a drinker or not but liqour will put you on your ass everytime.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bookkeeper View Post
    I don't know if your a drinker or not but liqour will put you on your ass everytime.
    Nah not a drinker bro and its good to see you back by the way have some rep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I read every night and eventually will get sleepy. Not everyone likes to read though, but it's how I get to sleep. I'm a night owl though so if I didn't force myself to lay doen and read I'd be up all night.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber View Post
    Remember to avoid coffee, tea, or anything with a lot of sugar or caffeine several hours before going to bed.
    Does not work on all people, Clubber. Coffee has no affect on me. Drink a cup before going to bed most nights and sometimes can be asleep before my head hits the pillow.
    Hidden Content Boot Hill, Where the Real Fights Are Fought.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sleep or lack of sleep is a habit. Sex can either knock you out or sometimes the cemical release can amp you up,50/50 about that.
    Study what you are thinking about and stop getting caught up in what it is you are thinking about.When you feel emotion about the thoughts they have the invitation to go to the next level instantly so they automatically become like a movie or a story and your emotion and ego feeds off the thought process so you dont sleep.
    If you let your thoughts run away with you your emotions run away with the thoughts and your thoughts have all the control.
    If you watch what you think and just observe them as thoughts and say to yourself "Oh how interesting that I am thinking that and then leave it alone; You are then seperate from that thought and at that exact point have control over it.
    At worse if you cant do that try repeating the same sentence over and over until you are so bored you just nod off.
    Saying a mantra is more benifital and induces a more peaceful sleep.
    Try reading a story too that usually works eventually.

funny thing, a mate of mine gets up and has a coffee and it makes him sleep Its a bit like snake posion used to treat snake bite.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Sleep or lack of sleep is a habit. Sex can either knock you out or sometimes the cemical release can amp you up,50/50 about that.
    Study what you are thinking about and stop getting caught up in what it is you are thinking about.When you feel emotion about the thoughts they have the invitation to go to the next level instantly so they automatically become like a movie or a story and your emotion and ego feeds off the thought process so you dont sleep.
    If you let your thoughts run away with you your emotions run away with the thoughts and your thoughts have all the control.
    If you watch what you think and just observe them as thoughts and say to yourself "Oh how interesting that I am thinking that and then leave it alone; You are then seperate from that thought and at that exact point have control over it.
    At worse if you cant do that try repeating the same sentence over and over until you are so bored you just nod off.
    Saying a mantra is more benifital and induces a more peaceful sleep.
    Try reading a story too that usually works eventually.

funny thing, a mate of mine gets up and has a coffee and it makes him sleep Its a bit like snake posion used to treat snake bite.
    I would usually put a blank thought in my mind and let it stop wandering. Sometimes, I think of happy thoughts and make myself dream about it. If the emotion is too strong to control, a bottle of wine will help me sleep.

I usually can't sleep after memorizing a book, playing chess and when I have a problem.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the worse thing is going through the next day in your mind all the stuff you have to do and the order that you have go about it to be able to get it all done,keeps me awake.
    I have to consiusly retake control of the thoughts cause they just run away with all these different senarios that end up shitn me with no real answer. I find another way is to list and write down the dudes I have to ring or the crap i have to collect and in which order etc is one way of getting it out of my head too.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another thing that would usually bother me and make me sleepless is when I need to get a code running for my programs.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My main issue with sleep has been finishing work at 11pm, trying to settle down and then going go bed well aware that the sun is going to come up in a matter of hours. Horrible and I wouldnt wish it on anyone. Sent me to my wits end and left me an exhausted wreck.

Today is my final day, and Im done with this kind of schedule after its done. I want a normal life where I rise early and can be at the books during the day and then chill in the evenings and go to bed at 11:30pm. Just a normal life.

From now on quality of life is everything, material gains are purely secondary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have had a nightmare on this problem for ages now,mainly due to the fact that me next door neighbours are fucking chevs and dont fucking work and fucking play bloody rave bloody music all morning and night..........!I found out that the best natural supplement is a tablet called "Valerian Root"which you can buy over the counter in "Holland and barretts"stores.There 100% natural so there's no shit chemicals involved!Try them mate!!

There the best natural help you can get to help you get some propper kip!!!
    Last edited by yvonne; 09-28-2008 at 07:33 PM.

Thread Information