Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Do you agree with this statements?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you agree with this statements?

Share/Bookmark
    XaduBoxer Guest

Default Do you agree with this statements?

"In an era of over commercialization, fading spotlight, and encroachment from MMA, Manny Pacquiao gives us all hope. The most exciting fighter since Dempsey, Pac Man has captivated the entire sport.

You will be hard-pressed to find a fan who doesn’t like Pacquiao (aside from perhaps the Mexican fanbase who have had the displeasure of watching one national hero after another fall to the Filipino dynamo). Today, Manny Pacquiao is simply the reason to love boxing."

Do you agree with this statements? Vote in the poll...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Do you agree with this statements?

I broke it down into four parts

no
    no (the best part, most exciting fighter since Dempsey )
    no
    and
    no

And I'm a fan. How silly was that.

XaduBoxer Guest

I think these are the 4 parts Mr. Ouma was referring:

1. In an era of over commercialization, fading spotlight, and encroachment from MMA, Manny Pacquiao gives us all hope.

2. The most exciting fighter since Dempsey, Pac Man has captivated the entire sport.

3. You will be hard-pressed to find a fan who doesn’t like Pacquiao (aside from perhaps the Mexican fanbase who have had the displeasure of watching one national hero after another fall to the Filipino dynamo).

4. Today, Manny Pacquiao is simply the reason to love boxing."

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you are correct sir

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    "In an era of over commercialization, fading spotlight, and encroachment from MMA, Manny Pacquiao gives us all hope. The most exciting fighter since Dempsey, Pac Man has captivated the entire sport.

You will be hard-pressed to find a fan who doesn’t like Pacquiao (aside from perhaps the Mexican fanbase who have had the displeasure of watching one national hero after another fall to the Filipino dynamo). Today, Manny Pacquiao is simply the reason to love boxing."

Do you agree with this statements? Vote in the poll...
    Pretty much agree with it all except i think fighters like Bobby Chacon, Matthew Saad Muhammad, were more exciting than Manny Pacquaio. But thats just being picky i guess.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree that Manny Pac is a great ambassador and positive force who is helping steer this superb sport into a positive direction and add great excitment and many new fans.....

Is he the only one? No. Could do without the "Mexican fan base" generalization though

XaduBoxer Guest

Got these statements from a blogger article;

link -> Top Five Boxing Greats of All Time

He placed Pacquiao at no. 5 among the top 5 ATGs...

ICB Guest

Wow thats probably the worst list i've ever seen Robinson at 4 ? Dempsey at 1 ?

XaduBoxer Guest

And here's more "unbelievable" recent statements/stories about Pacquiao:

"As the most-anticipated show on the planet draws closer, a lot of speculations are being thrown around from opposing schools of thought.

Many of the so-called boxing experts call the Manny Pacquiao-Oscar De La Hoya fight as a freak show, a circus, etc. They say this is nothing but a money-earning venture of the Golden Boy and Pacman. Well, that may be partially right; after all, this is a professional boxing match and the boxers get paid—handsomely, in millions of dollars.

But this matchup is more than that . This is a fight for pride, bragging rights. And both fighters will be carrying the weight of their very-loyal fans at their backs.

For Oscar, a win against a pound for pound champion will raise his stock and extend his shelf life as a fighter. This means, he will continue to earn big bucks in the immediate future with multimillion-dollar paydays and laugh all his way to the bank.

For Manny, this is the big chance to crossover to the mainstream of the American-sports scene. This fight will put him into the consciousness of ordinary Americans. But blocking his path is the imposing figure of Oscar De La Hoya.

Does the Filipino icon really have a chance, or are the experts absolutely correct that this is a mismatch?

I would have to say that Manny Pacquiao has a good chance of winning this fight. The thing with Pacman is that he fights best when the odds are stacked against him. He is an absolute tornado when the challenge is perceived to be too great of a hurdle.

Let’s review his previous fights:

Versus Lehlohonolo Ledwaba:

In Manny’s U.S. debut, he was actually a late substitute, on a few weeks notice, for this bout and was a big underdog leading into the fight. “Hands of Stone” Ledwaba was supposed to win this fight, but somehow, they forgot to tell that to Pacman. The rampaging Filipino superstar just cannot be denied and demolished the South African fighter in six rounds.

Versus Marco Antonio Barrera:

The “Baby Faced Assassin” Marco Antonio Barrera was a high-ranked pound for pound fighter when he faced the Pacman. He was the most feared boxer among the smaller fighters as he just beat a 41-0-0 Erik “El Terrible” Morales. Pacquiao was just supposed to be a stepping-stone fighter in his road to greatness. But, again, the force of nature Manny Pacquiao came to spoil the party and completely destroyed his much-heralded opponent. Barrera’s trainer Rudy Perez had to step in to rescue his hapless fighter.

Versus Erik Morales II:

Just when everybody thought that the Pacquiao-puzzle was solved by Morales after their first encounter, Pacquiao had surprises of his own by fighting a methodical game and sticking to it in the entire fight. This is the fight when Manny first displayed his boxing skills and proved his critics wrong that he is just a one-dimensional fighter. In this fight, Morales was stopped for the first time in his career, and the star of the Filipino sports hero was shining brighter than ever.

Manny’s best wins are in the fights where the odds are stacked high against him. For the nonbelievers, you have got to remember that Pacquiao is a prime fighter whose got the rare combination of knockout power and dynamic hand speed. Although Oscar is definitely a bigger guy, it won’t be as big a factor as it looks once the punches start blitzing—after all, he is past his prime.

Mark my words, Manny Pacquiao’s determination and innate boxing talent is a sure-fire hit to beat Oscar dela Hoya. Wanna go with a sure bet—go for Manny."

link -> Pacquiao: A Better Fighter With the Odds Against Him

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Pacquiao, but Christ I cannot stand his fans.

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

You mean you can't stand the writers of these articles? Saying "unbelievable" statements about Pacquiao...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You mean you can't stand the writers of these articles? Saying "unbelievable" statements about Pacquiao...
    These articles were ridiculous to be sure, but I meant more generally. You know, the Pac-fans who constantly push a pro-Pac agenda in every thread even remotely related to him. For example, JMM beats Casa, so a Pac-fan starts a thread about how Pac would've KO'd him quicker (which isn't necessarily an outlandish assertion, threads like that just happen all the time). Or how they invade out forum for a few days before and after one of his fights, gloating and acting like idiots. It's just a constant stream of biased bullshit and I get tired of it. It makes it tough for the legitimate boxing fans who also happen to be Pac-fans as well, because they all end up getting painted with the same brush. I think I just dislike fanboys, and as an extremely popular fighter Pac has plenty of them.
    /end rant.

XaduBoxer Guest

These articles were ridiculous to be sure, but I meant more generally. You know, the Pac-fans who constantly push a pro-Pac agenda in every thread even remotely related to him. For example, JMM beats Casa, so a Pac-fan starts a thread about how Pac would've KO'd him quicker (which isn't necessarily an outlandish assertion, threads like that just happen all the time). Or how they invade out forum for a few days before and after one of his fights, gloating and acting like idiots. It's just a constant stream of biased bullshit and I get tired of it. It makes it tough for the legitimate boxing fans who also happen to be Pac-fans as well, because they all end up getting painted with the same brush. I think I just dislike fanboys, and as an extremely popular fighter Pac has plenty of them.
    /end rant.
    Fully understood...

I'm wondering if these writers saying "unbelievable" statements about Pacquiao were paid to promote/hype Pacquiao ??

Addicted to_boxing Guest

ha ha ha haa ha ha aha ....no way Pac is an ATG ahead of Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler, JC Chavez, Salvador Sanchez, Finito Lopez, Roberto Duran, PBF or even ODLH. It is this same very lack of boxing knowledge and appreciation for true boxing skills by Pac hugging fans that makes it difficult for people to accept what Pac has accomplished

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amen to that!!!!

Oh, and the answer to the statement is - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Thread Information