Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Nice Job, Mom.

The News Serving Pictou County Nova Scotia: National News | Woman charged after having daughter, 9, drive home from party

Woman charged after having daughter, 9, drive home from party

THE CANADIAN PRESS

PERTH, Ont. _ Police say a 35-year-old mother who was concerned she might be too tipsy to drive home from a weekend function has been charged with letting her nine-year-old daughter take the wheel.

Lanark County provincial police say an officer stopped a car Sunday night after realizing the driver appeared to be a young child.

The officer, who stopped the car near Perth, noted the slow rate of speed as the car approached the cruiser.

Police determined the child was driving the car home for her mother, who was in the passenger seat.

A breath test indicated the woman's blood-alcohol level was within the legal limit.

Police charged the woman with careless driving under the Highway Traffic Act.

``They were almost home,' Const. Paige Whiting said Tuesday

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nice Job, Mom.

How bizarre, that someone could be responsibly aware of the risks of drink driving but then not realise that asking her child to drive could be a bad idea.

At least she was trying to obey the law, I blame your government for not properly educating your people.

I've never seen an ad saying that you can't allow your children to drive, as far as I know that campaign has never happened so maybe some stupid people just don't know any better.

In the UK the PC brigade would save us now by starting an information campaign to educate us of the dangers of child driving, let's hope that your goverment is as responsible as ours and makes sure that in future people know this is wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nice Job, Mom.

In Michigan, I'm unsure of the age, but it is legal for an adult to allow someone underaged and unlicensed to drive. 9 might be pressing it, but 14 years old I'm sure would pass muster.
    Oops

Thread Information