This isn't really a go at Pavlik, more to do with the current hate for the heavyweight division.

Yesterday Pavlik lost arguably every single round against Bernard. He didn't even put up a fight, it was just total domination and Kelly seemed to have accepted his fate by about the third round.

But still people are supporting (as they should) and just saying he belongs at middleweight, he was too inexperienced, Hopkins was superb etc.

I don't disagree with any of this.

But contrast this with the heavyweight division. Tony Thompson for example who looked excellent on the way to his title shot with Wlad was crucified after losing that fight, especially over here by Steve Bunce for having no heart whatsoever, no pride, no fight etc.

Sam Peter was crucified again by Bunce for quitting and giving up and not being prepared to face Vitali.

Sultan Ibragimov was roundly condemned for his failure to make a dent on Wlad when they fought some months ago.

It seems to me however, that with the exception of Peter quitting (which to me was actually pretty sensible) none of these guys performed any worse than Kelly did this weekend.

So why are they all a disgrace to boxing for not going out on their shields yet Pavlik is brave for finishing the fight?

I'm not sure whether in the US the criticism of heavyweights is so strong but over here Steve Bunce wrote off Ibragimov, Peter and Thompson all as disgraces to boxing for their failed title efforts.

Just seems like a cheap double standard to me.